Author Topic: where do y'all put biggy among the greatest?  (Read 4501 times)

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
Re: where do y'all put biggy among the greatest?
« Reply #60 on: April 09, 2006, 03:46:52 PM »
all eyez on me is def overrated. IMO Me against the world and Makaveli the don were better albums.

>>>>>>
NO MORE WAR

Eihtball

« Reply #61 on: April 09, 2006, 03:48:13 PM »
all eyez on me is def overrated. IMO Me against the world and Makaveli the don were better albums.

The Makaveli album is also overrated, IMO.  It's got some hot diss tracks, but not a lot else, and most of the production is weak.  I bought that album the week it came out back in '96 and I was disappointed with it.  And then I bought the Remastered edition about two years ago after I lost my original copy, and I'm still not feeling it...I actually prefer "All Eyez On Me" over "The 7-Day Theory".

ac1386

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #62 on: April 09, 2006, 09:15:24 PM »
i like feel bad sayin i dont really feel biggie cause EVERYONE gives him just crazy props. But in all honesty i always preffered tupacs flow. I think biggies is boring and unoriginal  and although tupac always has the same flow its original and it always sounds good. I always found biggies rhymes and lyrics lazy and extremely simple, and yeah tupac isnt the best emcee but  like everyones said between his voice, charisma, and what he says, it doesnt matter. No one else on earth can pull off being an only average emcee and having just about everybody love his music. And its not like i hate biggie, cause his verse on notorious thugz and the song juicy are two of my favorite of all rappers, but someone show me an example of his incredible metaphors and rhymes cause neither of his cd's impressed me aside from a few songs. i would say biggie is top 20 objectively, but personal favorties for me itd be lower cause theres just so many rappers ide rather listen to.

africas seed

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #63 on: April 09, 2006, 09:58:45 PM »
I think biggies is boring and unoriginal.  I always found biggies rhymes and lyrics lazy and extremely simple, 
:grumpy:
and yeah tupac isnt the best emcee but like everyones said between his voice, charisma, and what he says, it doesnt matter. No one else on earth can pull off being an only average emcee and having just about everybody love his music.
:grumpy:

makaveli11

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #64 on: April 09, 2006, 10:02:37 PM »
What the hell is wrong with the people on this forum? Have you ever paid attention to what 2Pac brought to the table as what's seen as his most successful cd of all time, All Eyez On Me? That CD had some good beats and it was like real smooth, but the raps were rather simple and I dare calling them weak. How some of you label it "common sense" that 2Pac should be above Biggie at any time, is beyond me.

To me, with Ready To Die Biggie proved that he's one of the smoothest rappers of all time. No one could rhyme like that. It wasn't extremely complicated, in fact his style was rather simple, but it was so effective. That album has to be (one of) the greatest gangsterrap album(s) of all time. At least, to me it really is without a doubt. Life After Death does have some great songs on it, but it has way too many average tracks and even some filler material, to be even considered a classic. But with that in the back of my mind, 2Pac just couldn't see Biggie when it comes to rapping ability. Pac just had the charisma, he made himself loved by saying some semi-thoughtful things later on on his records. To me, even someone like Killah Priest belongs way above 2Pac on "the list". 2Pac just wasn't a very good rapper.

Biggie: maybe top 5, but certainly top 10
2Pac: somewhere top 30.

Don't hate, it's just my opinion that I'm sharing. Peace.

Homie, if your sole excuse for ranking Pac so low is "All Eyez On Me", you best check yourself right now.  "All Eyez On Me" is overrated and FAR from Pac's best work, but even on that album, he was still extremely dope.  However, "Me Against The World" is the album that should be used to judge Pac...THAT album is his claim to fame as one of hip-hop's greatest.  If you ain't heard that yet, then you best not speak another word (somebody has it in the hookup spot, BTW).  And you claim that he only said "some semi-thoughtful things later on on his records"?  You must not listen to Pac at all if that's what you think.

Also, there's many ways of defining a great rapper.  Biggie was a better MC than Pac, I've said that, but Pac was a better lyricist, and quite possibly a better rapper overall.
^Exactly. Co-sign the entire post. "Some semi-thoughtful records"? 2pac top 30? ::) He must be hittin that crack pipe cuz Pac been spittin thoughtful lyrics his entire career. BTW add Makaveli along wiith MATW to judge Pac.

« Last Edit: April 09, 2006, 10:08:07 PM by makaveli11 »
Picture Perfection Pursuin Paper with a Passion

makaveli11

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #65 on: April 09, 2006, 10:04:46 PM »

The Makaveli album is also overrated, IMO.  It's got some hot diss tracks, but not a lot else, and most of the production is weak.  I bought that album the week it came out back in '96 and I was disappointed with it.  And then I bought the Remastered edition about two years ago after I lost my original copy, and I'm still not feeling it...I actually prefer "All Eyez On Me" over "The 7-Day Theory".
^Damn you thought most of the production on Makaveli was weak...what about songs like Blasphemy, Me and My Girlfriend, Hold Ya Head, Krazy, Hail Mary, and To Live And Die In LA?
Picture Perfection Pursuin Paper with a Passion

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #66 on: April 10, 2006, 05:00:58 AM »

Eihtball

« Reply #67 on: April 10, 2006, 06:26:21 AM »
^Damn you thought most of the production on Makaveli was weak...what about songs like Blasphemy, Me and My Girlfriend, Hold Ya Head, Krazy, Hail Mary, and To Live And Die In LA?

With the exception of the last two songs, I wasn't really feeling a lot of those beats.  Darryl Harper and Hurt-M-Badd just aren't that good.  Pac should've at least worked more with QD3 and Johnny J on that record, cause even tho they ain't great either, they tended to bring out his best.

Elevz

« Reply #68 on: April 11, 2006, 07:46:52 AM »
I've heard all of 2Pac's discography and I own some of his albums. Me Against The World is a nice album, but to me it's nothing more than that. It's just that I most recently listened to AEOM and it just totally sucked for me. I never really liked his Makaveli album, I've always found that one amazingly overhyped. Other than that... 2Pac was nice early on in his career, but not really suspenseful. Later on he seemed to catch up on depth a little, but he got boring for me. His flow (he inhales through half of the words) and rhymes are weak. Don't believe the hype!