Author Topic: Cee-Lo Says 'World Party', Greatest Disappointment  (Read 151 times)

Crenshaw_blvd

Cee-Lo Says 'World Party', Greatest Disappointment
« on: February 21, 2002, 11:08:17 PM »
With his new album dropping in April, Cee-Lo has been looking back at his career so far and wasn't too happy with Goodie Mob's last effort. In the new issue of Rolling Stone, Cee-Lo shares his feelings on the last Goodie Mob album, World Party.

"World Party was the greatest disappointment in my career," Cee-Lo told Rolling Stone. "I hated that album. It didn't fall in line with anything I wanted to be remembered for. But, I mean, I participated. I wanted people to know we weren't monks, that we were just regular guys. So I said to Gipp, 'Hey, if this works and we finally have a platinum album, I'll shake your hand and you can say I told you so. But if it fails, I'm definitely doing a solo album.' Commercially, we ended up selling our same numbers. But morally, it failed. Rap was congested with women; cars, drugs and people were expecting us to be the last real hope. And we failed them."

However, Cee-Lo still says the group has not broken up and will be back in the studio very soon. His debut album, Cee-Lo Green and His Perfect Imperfections, is set to drop on April 2, while his first single, "Closet Freak" is already getting play on radio and television.

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »