Author Topic: YUKMOUTH TIGHT NEW INTERVIEW!!!!  (Read 387 times)

Crenshaw_blvd

YUKMOUTH TIGHT NEW INTERVIEW!!!!
« on: February 20, 2002, 04:45:38 PM »
JG: You dropped "Thug Lord: The New Testament" last year, and it was an incredibly hard gangsta album.  Did it do as well as you'd hoped it would?

Yukmouth: Well, it went gold, and did good in Canada as well, so it's probably as good as you could expect since I was in jail when it was put out, and it received barely any promotion at all.  So I'm pleased with it, I guess.  My upcoming projects are gonna be promoted a lot better...

JG: From the amount of guest appearances you make, you must be one of the hardest working men in hip-hop.  Is there any particular reason why you do so many?

Yukmouth: Whenever I can get on some shit to help myself, I'mma do it, if there's a spot that ain't heard my shit, then puttin it down there will only help me.  Shit that my label can't do, or I can't do.  So you know, I put it down, and show love to people.  And when I show love, in other's tracks, it helps Yukmouth, it promotes Yukmouth, and it opens markets for Yukmouth.  And that's what you want to do.  Open the market and cease it, take it, ya dig?

JG: Yeah.. Ok, You were on one of the last tracks Roger Troutman performed on, called 'Suckas Do What They Can' (from Spice 1's album) and your lyrics were in tribute to him. Were you approached to be on this new Roger Troutman tribute album coming out on Wolfpac Records?

Yukmouth: Er, no. I mean, even though we did do one of the last songs with him, me and Spice. But, man, I wasn’t approached, I mean, L.A motherfuckers took it like it’s just L.A people, you know, Roger Troutman is just for L.A people. But he’s a worldwide motherfucker you know, man, there’s people that love him from the Bay, from the East Coast, Midwest, and Down South. So I really don’t appreciate them just doing a Los Angeles Roger Troutman tribute album, cos he was deeper than Los Angeles and he got more love from people from other places that Los Angeles. So I‘m really, really I feel like the attempt, what they attempted to do for him, the love and shit they’re doing for him, but they really ain’t doing the shit right; they need to the shit right man. Don’t try to make (trails off)..The same shit that I say, how I get on the motherfucking album and promote myself, L.A motherfuckers getting on that shit just to promote theyself.

JG: Yeah..

Yukmouth: You feel me?

JG: Yeah..

Yukmouth: It’s like Roger Troutman I know this L.A shit is on some space boogie shit and, you know what I’m saying, and some G Funk shit, BUT that don’t mean you need a whole fucking L.A album, a dedication of Roger Troutman, just because L.A motherfuckers do funk. We always do funk man, it’s nothing man, we all respect Roger Troutman. So it’s cool, but it ain’t cool (laughs). So fuck it.

JG: You're currently working on the new Luniz album, 'Oakland Raiders'?

Yukmouth: Yeah man.

JG: Can you tell us how that's going?

Yukmouth: It’s a motherfucking bootleg I got out man! Somebody’s bootlegging our shit, so we’re about to take it back to the lab and do a couple mo’ songs and shit; just keep the hottest joints and keep it moving man.

JG: When’s that coming out?

Yukmouth: I got no "for sure" date, we gotta get back in the studiobut it’s looking like this summer though, definitely, just after my solo shit.

JG: You're undoubtably the biggest star on Rap-A-Lot now. Do you feel any pressure knowing that?

Yukmouth: Um, I really don’t feel like I’m the biggest star on Rap-A-Lot, I’m just a guy to contribute, and, you know, hold my weight you know, and just put it down as a Californian, West Coast Rap-A-Lot artist you know. So, um, I really don’tI try to be the best at what I do, but I really don’t compete you know. I really don’t think about competing, or trying to out-do somebody I just try to out-do myself all the time. Out-do this last album, you know, and I don’t really give a fuck what the next person’s doing, cos they don’t give a fuck about what I’m doing. I’m focused on my music, and, you know, I just do my thing. But if motherfuckers do feel like I’m the hardest on Rap-A-Lot, then I appreciate that. That’s good love. I mean, one love, good lookin’, I appreciate that, even though there are a lot of artists on Rap-A-Lot like Devin The Dude, Do-Or-Die, Scarface, The Geto Boys, you know. So, I definitely appreciate that honour.

JG: You toured Australia in December, can you talk about that, how did that go?

Yukmouth: Yeah man, it was real live, I mean it was my second time in Australia and it blew my fucking mind because you go out there, and I’ve been overseas, you know, to Germany, um, Amsterdam, London, Paris, all the above, and you go out there and you hear, like, all East Coast music, all on the radio, that’s all they find in the stores and shit. But you go to Australia and it’s like, that whole motherfucker is like a totally different thing. You go out there and all they singing is West Coast shit.

JG: Yeah?

Yukmouth: Gangsta rap, and Tupac, and the Outlawz, and Yukmouth, and, you feel me? They got B-Legit and Dru Down’s shit bangin’ out there and I’m like "what?!" They got shit bangin’ in Australia that they never have, you know [in Germany and places].

JG: Yeah.

Yukmouth: In Australia they accept us more, as far as West Coast artists, you know, everybody else around the world thinks that hip-hop is only New York, and they styles and all that, but hip-hop is a worldwide musical movement, you know what I’m saying? It started in the East (laughs) and it popped in the West! We was the first ones to bring gold and platinum albums to the table. I mean, quadruple and multi platinum albums. There were people that went gold and platinum back in the day. LL, Run DMC, but they weren’t going multi-platinum. Until Dre, NWA, and shit like that came to the table, that came from the West. They showed niggas how to make music, so, I mean, down South, I mean, down in Australia they really appreciate the West and I love it out there. So this was my second time out there and I had fun. Man, they have so much weed out there it’s outrageous! I mean, I’m from the Bay, man, Humboldt County can’t fuck with Australia! Amsterdam can’t fuck with Australia. They got the bombingest weed on the planet! I could live there. I swear to God, I could live there. It’s all good. I love Australia.

JG: Speaking of weed, if you had to compile a top 3 weed smokers in hip-hop, who would be in it?

Yukmouth: Top 3 weed smokers in hip-hop is Yukmouth, Snoop Doggy Dogg and Tupac Shakur.

JG: Right, you're recognized as one of the realest riders there's been for 2Pac since he died. What do you think about the posthomous releases that we've had in the last five years?

Yukmouth: Well, me as an artist man, and as a nigga coming from the Bay; as a nigga that grew-up around Pac, and all my family basically raised Pac, and put him in the state he in. Nigga’s like Richie Rich. Nigga’s like [inaudible]. They’re my family, you know what I’m saying? And they from Oakland where I’m from, they my cousins and they was raising Pac when he was out in the Bay. They was the ones that turned him onto the flashy chains and shit. And wanting to be that whole drug dealing type image, you feel me?

JG: Right..

Yukmouth: Me just being part of that era, I mean, just watching niggas grow, and then me just getting old enough to want to rap – made me want to put it down for Pac, cos nobody else would put it down for him. I mean, he died and Biggie died. Biggie died and there was like, three, four, five dedication songs for Biggie. I mean, from different artiststhere was one from the Lox, one from Puffy, one from Faith, I mean, everybody did they own thing for Biggie and nobody did shit for Pac. And I wasn’t feeling that. I don’t mean to diss nobody, but I shouldn’t have to have did it first. That’s all I’m gonna say. It should have came from the Outlawz, it shoulda came from Thuglife, it shoulda come from Snoop Dogg, Daz and Kurupt, I shouldn’t have been the first nigga to do it. Since nobody would step the fuck up and do it, I did it. Out of respect for his camp, out of respect for the thug movement. And I don’t respect all those East Coast niggas biting West Coast artists, [taking] all our west coast shit and flying with it like they did the shit and do triple and quadruple platinum, and drew sales off our image, our style and our shit. Biting! Fake ass, wannabe people man, and that’s what makes me mad, when I see niggas like Master P, and when I see motherfuckers like, you feel me, fake ass motherfuckers like Drama. I mean, all them niggas is Pac. Wannabe Pac’s. Come with your own shit. I mean, I rep Pac but I rep my own style, never say shit of Pac’s. Niggas say quotables I say, I don’t say no shit that Pac say. Shit, I’ll probably use it as a chorus or something, but I’ll never rap like him, or ever be Pac. There’ll only be one Pac. Pac was the one and only and there’ll never be another. So, when niggas say shit like "ah man, you sound like Pac" and "you rap like Pac" I take it as a compliment because, man, I ain’t no Pac. There’ll never be another Pac, and niggas feel that I rep that hard, and I can be just as good as Pac or the next Pac, but, fuck it, thanks man, I mean thanks for the props but we know there can be only one Pac. And that’s that.

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Crenshaw_blvd

Re: YUKMOUTH TIGHT NEW INTERVIEW!!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2002, 04:46:37 PM »
JG: Can you tell us when was the last time you saw Pac and where were you? And how did you react when you heard he’d passed?

Yukmouth: Um, last time I saw Pac was at Can-Am studios. I came up to fuck with Snoop and shit, and Pac, he had a studio in the front and Snoop and them had a studio in the back. Shit, I really didn’t get the chance to chop it up with him that much, you know, but I hollered at him like "what up, where the weed at?". And he cracked a joke like "nigga, I ain’t the weed man" you know what I’m saying, shit like that. You know, we just chilled. I went in the studio for Snoop’s session, smoked and called it a night. But, um, months later man, months and months later, man died and I’m like "I can’t believe this shit", you know. Everybody, when they heard he got shot, were like "okay, that’s Pac taking bullets, he’s alive" you know, cos of the first time, the five thing.

JG: Right

Yukmouth: When he got shot with 5 bullets. That’s Pac, he gone make it, you know, he’s strong man. That little bullet shit ain’t nothing. He already survived 5 of ‘em. So, when he was in hospital for 7 days, I was really thinking that "okay, he’s gonna pull through, he’s gonna make albums about it and he gone call it a day". But man, at the end of the 7 days they the man is dead. No more Pac. I’m like, that’s the end of the West (laughs) that’s what I’m thinking in my mind. I’m like "that’s it, end of the west holding the crown [as] far as music". Soon as Pac died, everybody jumped on the fucking bandwagon. EVERYBODY! [Master] P, New York niggas, I mean, look to this day, Pac was the first nigga with the beef. When Pac beefed, uh, it was East coast & West coast beef, [and] it was all bad. But now, Jay-Z and Nas is beefing and now they got the shit on MTV like "battle of the rappers, whose the greatest?".

JG: Yeah

Yukmouth: "The greatest hip-hop battle in years"what the fuck do you mean?! The greatest hip-hop battle was Pac and Biggie. Nigga ain’t gonna televise that and shit like you’re doing with Nas and Jay-Z. Cos they was scared, nigga. Pac and West coast niggas, really laid it down, like we ain’t no motherfucking rappers, we’re gonna bring the pain and the raps too. We’ll apply the pressure [incoherent] on all levels. Nigga, when I see you it ain’t no peace, it’s just [incoherent] get yo Gods and I’m gone get my Gods and we done do our thing, you feel me?

Yukmouth: All that shit, man, nigga, you talking about killing nigga’s Moms. Beef is when your Momma can’t go to sleep. You talking shit like that you gotta come with it. You know what I’m saying? And motherfuckers [laughs], motherfuckers don’t know man, but what should be out man, is that I’m, I’m stuck in the middle cos even though I rep Pac, Biggie was my nigga. I mean, I probably knew Biggie better than Pac. Biggie was closer. I’mma tell you like that. Biggie would come to the West coast, he’s call you up "yo, I need some pills, I need the weed, yo, come up here yo, come drink some bottles", you feel me? "Show us what it’s about". He was supposed to get on the Luniz album, Lunatik Muzic album. Right before he died, man, he was out here, he was out here for the motherfucking Soul Train awards and shit, man. I was at his room and shit. He was staying right there at the motherfucking, um, Four Seasons. The Four Seasons and shit at Beverly Hills, on 3rd man. I’m chilling with the nigga man, and the nigga dies a couple of days before he’s supposed to the the song with us. But anyway man, both of them niggas [Pac & Biggie] was my dudes, man, and I’mma rep for both of them man. A lot of niggas got mad at me when I did the little remix with Puff Daddy, the little remix of ‘I Got 5 On It’ thing, whatever, ‘To Satisfy You’. A lot of niggas was getting mad, like a lot of Pac’s [niggas]. Even the Outlawz was like "yo man, why the fuck would you get down with Puffy and you reppin’ Pac?". I’m like, "yeah, I’m reppin’ Pac my nigga, but I’m not an Outlaw. I’m Yukmouth my nigga. And Biggie and Puffy is my niggas. And Puffy stole my shit man. And he wanna come back and pay me cos he know the fuck he did. So I’m gonna go there and take that money man. What the fuck is up with that, you know what I’m saying?". I mean, there’s two sides to a coin, you know what I’m saying, before you flip it and you know when you flip it and it land on the ground that you win. You know what I’m saying? Sometimes you don’t. But I did that because the motherfucker sold my song, and we had to get paid off it. Point blank. Period.

JG: Are you going to be on Hussein Fatal’s solo album that’s coming out on Rap-A-Lot?

Yukmouth: Um, I had a chance to get on it when he get out, or if he out right now, I’ll probably et on the shit, but when he was in the studio I was in the studio laying my shit too. So it’s hard when you’re both working, to get a motherfucker to just bounce into a studio session when you got your shit going down. You know, so that was the problem. So, whenever. The Outlawz and Yuk, we cool, we like family even though I’m not an Outlaw, I am an Outlaw. And they know that, so I mean, it’s all good.

JG: Everyone knows the reasons for your beef with Master P, but now there are rumors on the net claiming you have beef with Scarface and Too Short. Would you care to clear those rumours up? Is there any beef?

Yukmouth: Yes, I have beef with every nigga that try to step on my toes. So if them niggas steppe don my toes yes I do. Yes I absolutely do. And the whole thing is, that me and Too Short we cool. Me and Too Short. He gave me his 2 way and shit, he’s cool in person, same with Scarface. Scarface, we on the same fucking label. This nigga, I named this nigga ‘Uncle Face’. That’s what I call him. This’s my nickname I gave him. ‘Uncle Face’. Now he got Ludacris, everybody calling him "Uncle Face" but he hate me so much. He hate Yukmouth, he rapping and dissing me and shit, but smile on my face. And got everybody calling you a nickname that I made up for you. I mean, cut the drama, nigga, you wanna dress like me, you wanna act like a motherfucker, rap like a motherfucker; you even asked me to write your rhymes for your new fucking album! It don’t take Yukmouth two years to do an album; give me a month in the studio and it’s done. And nigga’s know that and they feel that shit. People dig that I probably am the next person to come up on Rap-A-Lot and he probably see that shit too. So, I mean, good old fashioned emceeing is about, to see who is the best. So, I guess he chose to try and challenge me on the Too Short album. Where Too Short was dissing me and my nigga [Numbskull]. And now, if you on my label and we label mates and shit, and you know I’ve spoken with this nigga, and you hear this nigga’s first verse clowing me why would you get on the song? Period. And we label mates, why would you get on the song, hear him talking about me and then make it look like he talking about me, nigga, cos you right behind his fucking verse, where he’s dissing the shit out of me.

Crenshaw_blvd

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2002, 04:47:02 PM »

Yukmouth: You feel me? So that’s why there’s beef. They stepped on my toes and I’m just defending myself. I ain’t got no millions man. I ain’t got no millions and shit, and sitting in a house off the beach and shit. And got millions of dollars to be Def Jam South executive and president. None of that shit man. I’m Yukmouth straight from the motherfucking projects and dirt. Moved into a town house, got four storeys, a couple of vehicles and I’m doing my thing. I’m not no important ass rapper, leave me the fuck alone. Why motherfuckers always wanna push my button man? Let me blow first, the talk shit to me. Let me go triple platinum then talk shit. Right now, I ain’t even got to the level I need to be at, ya’ll niggas on me. I mean, it’s cool though, fuck it man. It’s all good, but I’m always going to defend myself and I’ll never bow down. Even if the nigga Eminem came at me, he’d get it, period. Any nigga, I don’t give a fuck. And I respected Scarface, Scarface is one of my favourite rappers ever. Then this nigga turn around I gotta battle against this nigga and rap? Fuck it, so be it. So be it. It’s nothing man, I’m a man. Niggas step on my toes, I’mma knock his ass out. Period.

JG: Tupac named you as one of the One Nation emcees he respected and wanted to appear on his One Nation Project. Now that the One Nation album appears to be close to seeing a release, are you gonna be on that?

Yukmouth: I don’t know man. I’m gonna say there’s a lot of hating going down when it comes to a Pac album, that’s all I’m gonna say man. Motherfuckers was doing it right man. Pac did albums man, he was working with niggas from the Bay. ‘All Eyez on Me’ to ‘Strictly 4 My Niggaz’ to, to, all that shit. Pac hooked up with his niggas from the Bay. He always had Richie Rich on the album. He’s always have my nigga C-Bo on the album, he’s always have E-40 and B-Legit. Rappin 4-Tay, he even had my nigga Dru Down on the album. NOW, since this nigga passed, none of that shit go down no more. It’s like, it’s only a Pac and The Outlawz album. Every fucking time. And that ain’t how Pac had the shit and they know that shit man. Niggas need to get back to the basics and quit trying to blow up off this nigga’s name. I mean, everybody could blow and get they money, there’s enough money for everybody. But do this shit right man. Do it right man. Do it how Pac would do it. Don’t do it how you would do an album, my nigga, and just take over the nigga. I mean, come on man, make the right choices man. And quit being so motherfucking greedy and so selfish man. Pac knew everybody, and rolled with everybody, and put nigga’s on the album. And the way it’s going now, ain’t none of that shit happening. You hear the Outlawz, you hear an old motherfucker here and there, but you don’t hear a real Pac album man. Is you feeling me?

Yukmouth: You really don’t hear the essence, like ‘All Eyez On Me’, like ‘Me Against The World’. You don’t hear no shit like that man. You just hear, like a Pac compilation with him and the Outlawz. Pac and The Outlawz. That’s what it is every time they put it out and that ain’t right man. Even though the Outlawz is fly, them niggas rap and rep it – but Pac was reppin more shit than the Outlawz. He repped the West motherfucking coast man. West coast man. And he was putting his west coast niggas down on his shit, as he did it. That’s why he came with the One Nation shit, cos he was tired of just being West Coast, he wanted to get everybody involved in time. East Coast niggas, Midwest, down South and West coast niggas. And they not doing that. Pac had a vision to unify this shit, that’s my same vision. I have a vision to unify shit, that’s why I came with the Regime. The Regime is my Outlawz, that’s my clique. And my niggas make my clique different from other motherfuckers. We not just from the West Coast, we from everywhere man. Unified. We from the East Coast, from the Midwest, got niggas Down South, and we run the West coast. We run this shit; we unified. Other cliques, niggas be from the same city, same hood, that’s that. We unified. We step off a plane in New York we covered by Mob bosses, nothing can happen to us. We go down South, we straight. Mob bosses. Nothing can happen to us. We go Midwest we straight, we mobbed out. Regime niggas everywhere, most of them ready to do what they gotta do. That’s what Pac wanted man. Pac wanted niggas like that, everywhere he could go and just be cool man. A motherfucking thug nation. United. You feel me?

Yukmouth: That’s what the Regime is. That’s what my movement is. And I’m not no self-centered, selfish motherfucker. I write raps for people. I write choruses. All my songs, any bitch or nigga that sing on my shit I pick that up. I made "5 On It"’s chorus. I made all that shit man. I puts in work for everybody, not just for me. They’ll tell you. Yukmouth is a workaholic and he gone make sure everything is right. I’m orchestrating everything. I’ll write you a rhyme, whatever needs to go down man. Yuk is good when it comes to making fucking music man. And he’s dedicated to it. You know? That’s what motherfuckers know about me when they get in the studio with Yuk. And that’s why they probably say that "okay you remind me of Pac", because of my work ethic or [because of] the type of music I do. But I’ll never be Pac dude. I’m gonna be Yuk and Pac gonna be Pac. That’s that.

JG: What can we expect to see from Yukmouth in the near future?

Yukmouth: Shit man, I got like 3 groups on the side man, as well as my solo shit. I’ve got the Regime, I’ve got the Thug Lords and I got the Luniz. And Yukmouth. So you’re gonna hear all those projects come out. And my label gonna kick off on a super smash fire this year! Smoke-A-Lot Records. And I’m looking for a distribution deal so I can get the Regime shit popping. And that’s it, you gonna see a lot of me in the cameras, cos we got a new distribution deal where motherfuckers gonna push the albums this time and there ain’t gonna be no, just put an album out and expect it to sell word-of-mouth. We gone really see visuals and all that shit this time. And you’re gonna see a lot of your boys cos I’m in it to win it man. Until I’m sitting on $20 million man, I will not stop. Period.

JG: What do you think of Kurupt signing back to Death Row?

Yukmouth: To each his own man. I mean, it was all bad for them niggas back in the day, but you never know. Suge’s probably changed. Suge probably really wanna give nigga’s their publishing. He probably really wants to give [them] millions of dollars upfront cos they can handle they shit right, you know? Yeah, I’m feeling it. I don’t think he’d have gone over there if he thought he was going through the same bullshit he was going through at first. I don’t think he’d be going there, I mean, he’d be going there period.

JG: Okay, thanks a lot for doing the interview. Have you got any shout-outs you wanna make?

Yukmouth: Regime Life for life man. Look out for it, it’s coming, self-titled "Regime Life". Look out for that new Yukmouth album coming soon, called "Godzilla", and look for that new Luniz album coming. All this shit this year. The new Luniz is called "Oakland Raiders". That’s what it’s gonna be like this year, real nice roster. Me and C-Bo, we doing our album the "Thuglords" album, should be at the end of the year. Then the Regime should be at the beginning of the year, so there’s a lot of shit that gonna come out. Everybody, peace, love, do your thug thing. Keep smoking big weed to the brain and fuck a bitch. Don’t never put no bitch before yo’ partners. Money over bitches! One.

eNgIeS

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2002, 10:43:55 PM »
See y'all dont understand Australia has a big rap fan base & most of it is west coast

Go to the DPG Forum & check it out, theres so many Aussies there, mainly from my state. Victoria up in this bitch!!!

I didnt know Yuk toured until recently. I remember tha liks & X were gonna tour liek 2 years ago but it got cancelled last minute

Jurassic 5 made big noize on the Big Day Out tour, which is usually full with alternative & electronic music acts

Crenshaw_blvd

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2002, 01:01:22 AM »
"Man, they have so much weed out there it’s outrageous! I mean, I’m from the Bay, man, Humboldt County can’t fuck with Australia! Amsterdam can’t fuck with Australia. They got the bombingest weed on the planet!"BULLSHIT!
He has never tried the DUTCH WEED from amsterdam! ;)

Crenshaw_blvd

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2002, 01:03:22 AM »
"Biggie was my nigga. I mean, I probably knew Biggie better than Pac. Biggie was closer. I’mma tell you like that. Biggie would come to the West coast, he’s call you up "yo, I need some pills, I need the weed, yo, come up here yo, come drink some bottles", you feel me? "WOOOOOOOOW,WHAT A RELATIONSHIP....about pills and weed

The Watcher

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2002, 02:56:13 AM »
See y'all dont understand Australia has a big rap fan base & most of it is west coast

Go to the DPG Forum & check it out, theres so many Aussies there, mainly from my state. Victoria up in this bitch!!!

I didnt know Yuk toured until recently. I remember tha liks & X were gonna tour liek 2 years ago but it got cancelled last minute

Jurassic 5 made big noize on the Big Day Out tour, which is usually full with alternative & electronic music acts

Tha Liks + Xzibit were in Sydney & Canberra a few months back, Xzibit got his ass beat by some guy at the show apparently, that's what a few people told me.

I never heard of Yukmouth tourin, but I caught J5 at the Big Day Out, and De La Soul at Delirium, dopeness.

I don't know how it is over east, but here in Perth it's probably more eastcoast based music than anything. People always got a Biggie song playin in the clubs, or they got Nas or JD goin, Tupac doesnt get alotta play out here, Snoop still does, but nothin westcoast has really been played since Dre's 2001, Em gets alot of play here, and on the radio still.
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

eNgIeS

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2002, 03:39:49 AM »

Tha Liks + Xzibit were in Sydney & Canberra a few months back, Xzibit got his ass beat by some guy at the show apparently, that's what a few people told me.

I never heard of Yukmouth tourin, but I caught J5 at the Big Day Out, and De La Soul at Delirium, dopeness.

I don't know how it is over east, but here in Perth it's probably more eastcoast based music than anything. People always got a Biggie song playin in the clubs, or they got Nas or JD goin, Tupac doesnt get alotta play out here, Snoop still does, but nothin westcoast has really been played since Dre's 2001, Em gets alot of play here, and on the radio still.

Where'd u hear about Xzibit I doubt its true I woulda heard about that shit. & if they did, i'm sure its not true about X getting beat up

Its funny, Melbourne's is the east coast of australia, yet we bump west coast american rap. Yet Perth's the west coast of australia yet use bump east coast american rap.

Jome

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2002, 10:59:16 AM »

Where'd u hear about Xzibit I doubt its true I woulda heard about that shit. & if they did, i'm sure its not true about X getting beat up

Yeah, I doubt that ish too, there was a rumour that C-Lim's boys snatched Xzibit's chain too, but as I said, it's just a rumour and a false one.

The Watcher

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2002, 11:29:14 AM »

Its funny, Melbourne's is the east coast of australia, yet we bump west coast american rap. Yet Perth's the west coast of australia yet use bump east coast american rap.

X was sitting on a bar in the club or something, and a bouncer apparently told him to get off then he was like "Do you know who i am?!" and the bouncer knocked him down .. got 4 people tellin' me they saw shit, but who knows.
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

Crenshaw_blvd

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2002, 03:59:04 PM »
It's not a rumor.