Author Topic: MTV Greatest MC Of All Time  (Read 2608 times)

BizzyR.I.P.

Re: MTV Greatest MC Of All Time
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2006, 12:05:14 AM »
Jay is mad over hyped.  Pun>Ice Cube.
:loco: He never dropped anything remotley close to Death certificate and AmeriKKKa's Most Wanted. And Ice Cube is top 5 most influential rappers.

Minkaveli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2006, 12:08:23 AM »
I feel Pun a lot more than I do Ice Cube.  I respect Cube and definately think he has been one of the more influential artists.  However, Capitol Punishment was a classic and I have never heard anyone that can fuck with that album lyrically.  Pun could have been the greatest lyricist of all time if he could control himself.  If you saw the DVD on his life, you would see what I am talking about.  I am a bigger fan of Pun.  No Pun intended, lol.
"Now you're facing me, I'm your ultimate challenger.  It's the avenger, your fate is on my calendar"-Guru from "So What's Up"

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2006, 01:02:44 AM »
can somebody explain to me what makes jay z "greater" than anybody on that list?

mrceo

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • More Greens Than The Jolly Green Giant
« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2006, 01:05:27 AM »
Damn the top five are almost exactly the same as mine, just switch Biggie and Pac and perfection...and by the way i'm not from NY, i'm from Long Beach
can somebody explain to me what makes jay z "greater" than anybody on that list?

He's got a sick flow AND sick lyrics

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2006, 01:14:20 AM »
^^^he's definitely talented, but "great?" i gotta say the nay no, my damey.

The Watcher

« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2006, 01:55:35 AM »
its all gonna come down to personal opinion, people will NEVER agree on this

eg: i think tupac is overrated as fuck and should be down near #8, but most people will disagree
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

herpes

« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2006, 05:06:10 AM »
Jay-Z has to be the most overrated rapper in history.

i have to agree considering he likes to jack other MCs rhymes, but i have to admit he is talented at that.

Only on here, a west coast board do they say Jay is overrated.  Jay isnt one of fav's by any means but the man is a great rapper... stay hating ny... primo>>> pete rock >>> rza >>> dre the down low brother.

Jay is overrated. To say he's better than Big, Kane, or Rakim is absurd.

Never said he was, but you cats compare him to emcees like daz and snoop and thats an insult towards Jay.

herpes

« Reply #37 on: April 11, 2006, 05:07:51 AM »
Jay-Z has to be the most overrated rapper in history.

i have to agree considering he likes to jack other MCs rhymes, but i have to admit he is talented at that.

Only on here, a west coast board do they say Jay is overrated.  Jay isnt one of fav's by any means but the man is a great rapper... stay hating ny... primo>>> pete rock >>> rza >>> dre the down low brother.

dude we both know you're being sarcastic, if you're not you must be a fuckin idiot.  i didn't say he wasn't a good rapper but to be ranked number 1??  come on now grow some fuckin balls and stop dick riding jay-z just coz he from NY. 
I aint dickriding jay, he aint even in my top 10, he might be in my 20 tho.

Fressh_Deini

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • G-Funk
« Reply #38 on: April 11, 2006, 05:10:42 AM »
10 - LL Cool J
9 - Eminem
8 - Ice Cube
7 - Big Daddy Kane
6 - KRS One
5 - Nas
4 - Rakim
3 - Biggie
2 - Tupac
1 - Jay-Z

Honorable Mentions:
- Andre 3000
- Big Pun
- Back Thought

- Common
- Ghostface
- Lauryn Hill
- Kool G Rap
- Scarface
- Slick Rick
- Snoop Dogg

http://www.mtv.com/bands/h/hip_hop_week/2006/emcees/

I ain't mad at that list. Everyone listed is an arguable Top 10 MC. Obviously I'd switch a few people here and there like take Jigga out of #1 and replace Eminem with Scarface.
Ghostface, GZA, Snoop Dogg and The D.O.C. should be in the Top 10.

herpes

« Reply #39 on: April 11, 2006, 05:26:33 AM »
10 - LL Cool J
9 - Eminem
8 - Ice Cube
7 - Big Daddy Kane
6 - KRS One
5 - Nas
4 - Rakim
3 - Biggie
2 - Tupac
1 - Jay-Z

Honorable Mentions:
- Andre 3000
- Big Pun
- Back Thought

- Common
- Ghostface
- Lauryn Hill
- Kool G Rap
- Scarface
- Slick Rick
- Snoop Dogg

I ain't mad at that list. Everyone listed is an arguable Top 10 MC. Obviously I'd switch a few people here and there like take Jigga out of #1 and replace Eminem with Scarface.

Im a big ghost fan be he isnt top 10, i dont even know if hes top 20.  Snoop isnt even close to top 30.  D.O.C. didnt have much impact on the game and has one true album, even tho its a classic he aint top 10

Wessia4LiaNia Chieee Chieee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'M Mo' Than a God I'M a Warrior
« Reply #40 on: April 11, 2006, 06:45:08 AM »
why you arguing so much for nothing?  the top is already done and it' was made by idiots . MTV...c'mon man? would you be amazed if you saw 50 in that top?
Lyrical Swords 4 Lia

Fressh_Deini

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • G-Funk
« Reply #41 on: April 11, 2006, 08:03:02 AM »
10 - LL Cool J
9 - Eminem
8 - Ice Cube
7 - Big Daddy Kane
6 - KRS One
5 - Nas
4 - Rakim
3 - Biggie
2 - Tupac
1 - Jay-Z

Honorable Mentions:
- Andre 3000
- Big Pun
- Back Thought

- Common
- Ghostface
- Lauryn Hill
- Kool G Rap
- Scarface
- Slick Rick
- Snoop Dogg

Im a big ghost fan be he isnt top 10, i dont even know if hes top 20.  Snoop isnt even close to top 30.  D.O.C. didnt have much impact on the game and has one true album, even tho its a classic he aint top 10
Why wouldn't Ghost be in the top 10? He is the most consistan rapper in the game. Been here since 1993. He was in Wu-Tang + His solo albums are all dope. Lyrically he is above Jay-z, LL, offcourse above Eminem and many more...I know everybody has a different opinion, but nobody can deny that Ghostface is one of the best in hip-hop lyrically.

mauzip

« Reply #42 on: April 11, 2006, 08:14:52 AM »
I predict that by next year Proof will be in this list, lol.

Oklin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: April 11, 2006, 08:23:21 AM »
why you arguing so much for nothing?  the top is already done and it' was made by idiots . MTV...c'mon man? would you be amazed if you saw 50 in that top?

co-sign

herpes

« Reply #44 on: April 11, 2006, 08:44:39 AM »
10 - LL Cool J
9 - Eminem
8 - Ice Cube
7 - Big Daddy Kane
6 - KRS One
5 - Nas
4 - Rakim
3 - Biggie
2 - Tupac
1 - Jay-Z

Honorable Mentions:
- Andre 3000
- Big Pun
- Back Thought

- Common
- Ghostface
- Lauryn Hill
- Kool G Rap
- Scarface
- Slick Rick
- Snoop Dogg

Why wouldn't Ghost be in the top 10? He is the most consistan rapper in the game. Been here since 1993. He was in Wu-Tang + His solo albums are all dope. Lyrically he is above Jay-z, LL, offcourse above Eminem and many more...I know everybody has a different opinion, but nobody can deny that Ghostface is one of the best in hip-hop lyrically.
Ghost without a doubt is one of themost consistant to ever do it.  But his influence as a solo artist is minimal at best.  Now that I think about it, hes top 20 but not top 10.