Author Topic: SUGE SPEAKS THE TRUTH ABOUT DPGC  (Read 1430 times)

Antonio

SUGE SPEAKS THE TRUTH ABOUT DPGC
« on: February 16, 2002, 04:42:05 AM »
Sup? I've just seen this post in the DPG Forum with those quotes from an interview. I wanna post it and discuss it with you all.

STEVE EMELLI (HHC) - How did you manage to get Kurupt back on the label?

S. KNIGHT - I told him he needed to come back. I took care of a few problems he had, he was having some financial problems. I reminded him that he done his best work whilst on Tha Row, and should have been a superstar by now. I love Kurupt, he's a loyal person unlike many of his peers. He never said nuthin tryna downtalk me whilst I was locked-up, its great to have him back here. He's gonna be a huge player in this game.

STEVE EMELLI - What about Daz, is he coming back too perhaps?

S. KNIGHT - Daz is a very angry young man right now. You see all this noise he be yappin. He's like a mad little girl who's had her barbie doll snatched away. See when Kurupt was on Antra and was losing money every day almost, nobody was tryna help him. Not Daz, not Snoop, Dre...none of them. I heard about it, and straight away I got in talks with him. I wanted to sign him again anyway, but this just made me move faster because I wanted to help him out of a difficult situation. You see Daz thought him and Kurupt were so tight that nothing like Kurupt coming back to Tha Row could ever happen. And dont get me wrong, they are real close, but Daz didn't know nothing about Kurupt coming back. I got people at my offices that see Daz on the internet starting rumours about joining the armed forces n stuff. Next day he's doing something else. He's trying to make some noise for himself, trying to take the spotlight off of Kurupt. It wont happen though. Daz is desperate. What you gotta remember is, this kid has been moved on and passed around all his life. Nobody wanted him, until when he got on Tha Row, I showed all of them that somebody could be there. But now he's back in that position where nobody wants him. Kurupt has come back to me. Snoop is Daz's own damn cousin and even he barely does songs with him thesedays. Dre don't mess with Daz. All Daz got is his little independant nobodies to hang around with. It's sad really.

STEVE EMELLI - Have you heard about that Death Row Killer album he's putting out?

S. KNIGHT - Oh now that's funny. Yeah I heard bout it. That's how they do things see. Talk all that drama on record rather than come see a man face to face. It's like the difference between boys and men. Like Snoop. If you wanna talk strictly from a rap point of view I'll tell you one thing though, ain't nobody they could get on that record that could mess with Crooked I in a battle. If they try and diss us and all this, and I tell Crooked like, "Hey, these fools is tryna start something, go get em"...(laughs), haha, they wont know what hit them.

STEVE EMELLI - Puffy is supposedly on the album some say

S. KNIGHT - Look dogg I'll tell you this now, there's no way in hell Puffy will be on that record. And if he is, well there's no, no, no, no way that he'll be saying anything about me or my record label. They might have some little skit where he's saying something, but you can bet right now he won't be throwing no disses out there. Puffy is one man I know is a scared little negroe. What you gotta understand is, I've tried to meet this guy like four times since I been out of jail. In New York, I said come down, let's talk. But nothing. I mean I wanted to sit down and talk with this guy in the middle of Manhattan in a damn restaurant and still this guy dont wanna see me.

STEVE EMELLI - So you aren't worried about this "Killer" album then?

S. KNIGHT - Worried? About what? They'll drop that album, if they even have the balls to do that, it'll sell probably 10,000 copies and be forgotten about within a week. Every single person they have on there still won't have the nerve to see me and look me in my eye and say nuthin, it'll still be the same as before. Ain't nothing. Let me tell you this though, If Daz is sayingt, "Hey, I'm a Death Row killer", then basically he's saying "Hey yo, I'm a Kurupt killer", because Kurupt is every bit reppin Tha Row again now. He got that chain on everywhere, because he respect the game, he respect me and he respect Tha Row, and what it's done for him again. Putting him back on his feet, making him an executive in charge on new upcoming artists, and saying we'll make him the star he should be. Daz can make his little records, he's the mad rapper now I guess huh. But Kurupt is enjoying himself.

STEVE EMELLI - Just finally on this, how has Kurupt been since he came back? I mean he left all his friends, everything he knew. It's a whole different roster on the label now isn't it, how has he fitted in?

S. KNIGHT - It's family man, we a family. He already knew Crooked I, they knew each other. Eastwood he met before, and he's really tight with Left Eye so he was comfortable to come back. And it's crazy, him and Crooked have been in the studio banging out some hits for sure. They done this one song just the other day, called "Earth Girls Are Easy". They just rap back and forth about broads, its a hilarious track though. And him and Eastwood got some heat together too. We're making them hits again.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Antonio

Re: SUGE SPEAKS THE TRUTH ABOUT DPGC
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2002, 04:47:24 AM »
You know.. i've written this shit a lot of times. I'm saying it from months, and i was been dissed by a lot of you (even webmasters) over this opinion.

But u can't neglect this.

Kurupt said it too ("i did it not only for myself, but for my family. I was broken. Nobody helped me but Suge)

Daz said it too ("Snoop aint hollering at me", "fuck Dr.Dre", "fuck Nate Dogg")

Suge said it too (in this interview)

Warren G said it too ("i was broken, and Snoop/Dre didnt help me, but still i got love for em all" - translated it means that he was mad at em, but since he is half brother of Dre and the best homie of Snoop, he cant show it)

Well.. it's sad! I mean DPGC made theirselves the best crew in hip-hop history ever (in my opinion) and they destroyed theirselves like that. For the money. Sad, but this is the world today, so it reflects this world.

Oh.. and the sad thing is that Snoop is still claiming DPG. Daz is claiming another DPG. Snoop is claiming 213. Nate aint claiming shit no more. Warren G is claiming G-Funk again. Snoop is claiming NWA. Etc.. but they are just claiming M-O-N-E-Y.

Word to Wu: C-R-E-A-M

DeaDSouLjaH

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2002, 04:50:45 AM »
wow...suge has guyz who check da dpgc forums... lol ..
daz joinin da armed forces..

Awards:
Most Improved (January)
Emcee of the Month(February)
Battle Emcee of the Month(February)
Rhyme of the Month(February)

Record:17-8-1
[/color]

AxleF

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2002, 04:51:54 AM »
Wow.  Suge called Daz a little girl!  hahahaha.. wow

The one thing that I dont agree with is the shit he said about Daz and his Indie friends.  The indie market is all anybody really needs.  Fuck the big labels.  If I was any of em, Id be hustlin like 40 water.  Ghetto Plat gets much more respect on the streets.  40 got his rich's to show for it.  In that respect, Im proud of Daz.  I just hope he gets his foot out of him mouth and starts focus's on making DPGRecordz a respected label.
Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure..
~Theodore Roosevelt

Antonio

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2002, 04:53:55 AM »
wow...suge has guyz who check da dpgc forums... lol ..
daz joinin da armed forces..

Of course! Internet fans are too much a good resorce for Death Row or Daz to ignore em, man. Of course they check this shit. Not Suge, but guys who works at DR for sure!

Like Crooked I made a track dedicated to the board. Probably he doesnt give a fuck about the board, but he was told to do it for commercial reasons. Internet fans are probably the richest font of buyers for DR and DPG now. They aint guys who watch MTV or BET for sure, so they cant ignore em.

Antonio

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2002, 04:55:20 AM »
Wow.  Suge called Daz a little girl!  hahahaha.. wow

The one thing that I dont agree with is the shit he said about Daz and his Indie friends.  The indie market is all anybody really needs.  Fuck the big labels.  If I was any of em, Id be hustlin like 40 water.  Ghetto Plat gets much more respect on the streets.  40 got his rich's to show for it.  In that respect, Im proud of Daz.  I just hope he gets his foot out of him mouth and starts focus's on making DPGRecordz a respected label.

I agree. The only problem is that he's going to Bad Boy.... ;D

AxleF

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2002, 04:57:41 AM »
Tonio,

I feel ya on everybody screamin DPG but with a diff meaning behind it.  It really upsets me.  I mean, I've devoted alot of time to being a DPG fan and they trippin over the money.  Kurupt didnt need to go back to The Row.  He could've handled his business and hustled the indie market.  The Row aint the only company he could've fucked with.  He could have said fuck Antra, fuck The Row, Im makin my own disks.  Kurupt is a better business man then Daz and I think he could do well putting out his own disks.  Im giving up on this drama and focusing on the rest of the west.  If they ever get their shit right, Ill be here to support em.  Ill never turn my back on the Westcoast.
Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure..
~Theodore Roosevelt

AxleF

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2002, 04:59:04 AM »

Thats still a rumer Mr. Tone-Capone.  I aint heard no confirmation from Bad Boy that this is TRU.

Ax
~Theodore Roosevelt

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2002, 05:00:23 AM »
I agree antonio, it is sad, & these situations all seem similar saying they gots no help from Dre/Snoop. I mean I always thought that they were all tight as fuck but lately it all seems to be falling apart which is very sad & dissapointing. I really hope Kurupt blows up, I hate that he went back to tha row but as long as he knows what he's doing & he gets positive things from it then it's all gravy. I just hope he stays away from dissing everyone.

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

Antonio

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2002, 05:02:50 AM »
Tonio,

I feel ya on everybody screamin DPG but with a diff meaning behind it.  It really upsets me.  I mean, I've devoted alot of time to being a DPG fan and they trippin over the money.  Kurupt didnt need to go back to The Row.  He could've handled his business and hustled the indie market.  The Row aint the only company he could've fucked with.  He could have said fuck Antra, fuck The Row, Im makin my own disks.  Kurupt is a better business man then Daz and I think he could do well putting out his own disks.  Im giving up on this drama and focusing on the rest of the west.  If they ever get their shit right, Ill be here to support em.  Ill never turn my back on the Westcoast.

Yeah, me too. U know it. But the problem aint just Kurupt. I dont wanna c Kurupt as the only problem. Kurupt aint the cancer of DPGC. Kurupt just saw it and left DPGC. We gotta look at this cancer from another prospective, homie. Feel me?

Why Kurupt was forced to left? Why DPGC aint a group no more from the day they left Death Row?

Why all those problems/disses etc? If i got a problem with my sister, i still love her. I dont make tracks by calling her a bitch. U know what i mean? Instead Daz dissed Snoop, Dre & Nate, Fred Wreck & Bad Azz dissed Kurupt, Nate is working with East Coast more than DPGC, Snoop aint even commenting it, but he's working with Kokane etc..

What's the cancer?

And why they still claiming DPG? Damn! I know it's a gang etc.. but.. 213 too? NWA too?

AxleF

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2002, 05:06:02 AM »

Yeah, me too. U know it. But the problem aint just Kurupt. I dont wanna c Kurupt as the only problem. Kurupt aint the cancer of DPGC. Kurupt just saw it and left DPGC. We gotta look at this cancer from another prospective, homie. Feel me?

Why Kurupt was forced to left? Why DPGC aint a group no more from the day they left Death Row?

Why all those problems/disses etc? If i got a problem with my sister, i still love her. I dont make tracks by calling her a bitch. U know what i mean? Instead Daz dissed Snoop, Dre & Nate, Fred Wreck & Bad Azz dissed Kurupt, Nate is working with East Coast more than DPGC, Snoop aint even commenting it, but he's working with Kokane etc..

What's the cancer?

The cancer???  The almight Dollar, Dollar Bill ya'll!!

That's real tone-capone.  I still wish they would see how dope they are together and the fact that none of em make as much "Dollar, Dollar" money being solo.  IMO.

Ax
~Theodore Roosevelt

gFuNkA

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2002, 05:07:49 AM »
Im giving up on this drama and focusing on the rest of the west.  If they ever get their shit right, Ill be here to support em.  Ill never turn my back on the Westcoast.

me too...let´s handle them their business as it´s all about the MONEY !!!!!!

Antonio

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2002, 05:10:29 AM »
FACTS:

DPGC together: best albums ever, money, respect, great tracks, West on top of the game.

DPGC solo: no platinum albums (ok, Snoop went platinum, but he aint even comparable to the young Snoop), no money (well.. only Snoop got money. Because of movies, publicity and the most important thing.. because he was tight when he was young. Not because of albums like Da Game or The Wash), no respect (they left respect from 3/4 of their fans. Maybe they are still buying albums like us, but... u still got respect for em like u had in 1991-96?), no great tracks (just 1 a album), no West coast albums in the top 100 right now.

Sven

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • gangsta of art
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2002, 05:10:59 AM »

I don't think this will ever happen. Just like Suge said, Daz is not known what he's talkin bout atm.
Daz is everything but a clever buisness man at the moment!
Drop down, do the eagle, fuck that Real gangstas just pull up they pants and lean back! - www.svenellerbrock.de

Trauma-san

« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2002, 05:20:14 AM »
The way I see it:

1. Props to Kurupt for doing whatever he thinks necessary to support his family, man.

2. Snoop is doing pretty good, but he's also got to watch out for his... I don't really blame him for not being on daz's stuff too much, there's still some wounds there. I can't really fault Snoop for any of this.

3. Dr. Dre could give a damn about Kurupt, Daz, any of those guys.  He will never, ever, ever give daz a bone again (I can't really blame him) and I think his absense (Instead, he sent his backup man, Fredwreck) on Kurupt's Space Boogie tells you a lot about what Dre thinks about these guys.  Did you see Dre on Nate's cd?  Nope, he's too busy working with new guys, so he can add that under his belt and say "Yeah,I made Knoc famous".  Why can't he do 2 tracks for Knoc, 2 tracks for Kurupt?  He's working with Missy Elliot, for petes sake.  WHY?  She sucks.  I can understand him wanting to work with people, but not forsaking your own crew over it.  The Nate Dogg thing REALLY pissed me off, As Much as Nate's done for dre over the years, dre can't do 1 single Nate Dogg song?  That's bitchmade.

4. Nate Dogg - here's another example of a guy just trying to make his, working with whoever he has to to support himself.  Gets no respect, and no money... until recently.

5.  Daz - I dunno what to say about daz.  He just don't have a good mind, one day he disses, next day he's dissing somebody else.  He needs to stop smokin' that sherm.