Author Topic: R.I.P Proof of d-12  (Read 4050 times)

sharjiel

• 'G'
  • PAKI...What!!
Re: R.I.P Proof of d-12
« Reply #45 on: April 11, 2006, 01:41:06 PM »
damn... :'( another dead rapper....
condolences to his family n friends

R.I.P.!
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...but a true friend will be sittng next to you saying...'Damn we fucked up' -

Diabolical

« Reply #46 on: April 11, 2006, 01:59:38 PM »
Damn.....

RIP

evan the dude

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Alaskan Connection
« Reply #47 on: April 11, 2006, 02:45:40 PM »
this is unbeliveable. i had to check my eyes when i looked at the top stories on yahoo this morning. like said above, i agree with all of you. proof was an awesome lyricist, and one of the best members of D12. he will be missed and mourned. RIP Proof.

Get the dubcnn "california love" wallpaper here!!

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #48 on: April 11, 2006, 02:50:02 PM »
I was fortunate enough to perform with Proof on Hallowe'en last year. He is the only big name aritst i have ever met who sat and enjoyed the opening performances (we were one of them). Then he also was kind enough to pull us aside and give us his opinion on our music and performance. If you are in the music business you know how much something like that means coming from someone who is big enough to not have to give a shit about any opening acts. This is another very sad day for hiphop, and especially the Detroit HipHop community which he helped carry on his shoulders, straight up yall. Everybody here was beginning to rebuild from the unfortunate death of J Dilla now the community must deal with another detroit legend falling. I am at a complete loss for words, i don't know how to express myself,  

Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #49 on: April 11, 2006, 02:51:58 PM »
man that is some fuckedup shit, R.I.P

this is a big loss, proof was actually a good rapper

i just feel for eminem right now, cuz they said that he was REAL close to eminem, like he was his best man at his wedding and everything, i can't imagine what it'd be like to lose your closest friend.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #50 on: April 11, 2006, 03:13:18 PM »
www.DetroitHipHop.com

They're the site who hold it down for the hiphop scene here, they have showed us so much love. I'm sure every ounce of information about his murder will be posted on there as soon as it's confirmed,

chill
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :

Trauma-san

« Reply #51 on: April 11, 2006, 03:15:59 PM »
^ Yeah, that's more on the vibe i'm on, Don Jacob.

I'm not gonna sit here and act like I was some huge fan, I liked D12, they were cool, but I don't roll around bumping rap anymore.  I always heard good things about Proof (except when he was beefing with people) but that's hiphop no big deal, he was o.k. in my book.

Anyways, guys, life is for the living.  Proof is dead.  Don't feel bad for him.  He seemed to have a good heart and people with a good heart have nothing to fear in death.

What you have to think about though is the people left behind.  He had 5 kids.  What in the hell.  5 kids with no dad because of some more senseless driveby shooting shit at a club.  How long are we going to keep accepting that it's alright to rap about and live a life where something like this is part of what happens?  If somebody pisses me off at a club, I'm not going to shoot them, period.  That's not acceptable to me nomatter how much I get upset with somebody.  Unfortunately Proof got caught up in a situation where it was acceptable for someone to handle things that way.  Or he may have not even been involved, just got caught up in something he had nothing to do with.

Anyways, he's got 5 kids with no father now.  He's got countless friends who just lost one of their favorite people, and I imagine Eminem really was close to him, he took Proof everywhere he went.  So now you've got Eminem with all these woman troubles and his damn best friend just died.  

I feel for the people involved, but I'm not worried at all about the life Proof lost, I'm more worried about the havoc it's gonna wreck on those kids.  

Here's where hiphop gets real

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yellow Brick Road - Eminem

I roam the streets so much they call me a drifter
Sometimes I stick up a thumb just to hitch hike
Just to get picked up to get me a lift to 8 mile and van dike
And steal a god damn bike from somebody's backyard
And drop it off at the park that was the half way mark
To meet Kim had to walk back to her mama's them dramas after dark
To sneak me in the house when I'm kicked out my mom's
Thats about the time I first met Proof when poof he'd carry on the set
Set eyes born in and out some flyers, he was doin some talent shows
At center line, I had told him to stop by and check this out sometime
He looked at me like I'm out my mind shook his head like white boys dont know how to rhyme
I spit out a line and rhymed birthday with first place
And we both had the same rhymes that sound alike
We was on the same shit that Big Daddy Kane shit with compound syllables sound combined
From that day we was down to ride somehow we knew we'd meet again somewhere down the line

Denial! Is Actively Joinin The Revolution

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #52 on: April 11, 2006, 03:20:57 PM »
RIP to one of my fave rappers
Hittman is not a real person. He was a computer program generated by Dr. Dre and Mel Man back in the mid 90's. When Dre started treating Mel-Man like shit, Mel infiltrated the computer and put a virus in the hittman program

SlickPants

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #53 on: April 11, 2006, 03:32:49 PM »
you know when eminem had that video i thought it was idiotic and corny, but now... damn.

my thing is nobody deserves death, and nobody deserves to have their best friend taken by violence, so this is really fucked up.

The "Untouchable" DJR

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #54 on: April 11, 2006, 03:34:28 PM »
I just came home from work and read it on SOHH and All Hip Hop.Com...

I'm not gonna front I hate Em and D-12 but this iz fucked up I don't wish death on NOBODY!!!

R.I.P. PROOF!!!

~Loyalty Is Everything~

Hittman2001

« Reply #55 on: April 11, 2006, 04:04:48 PM »
I read about this, this morning.....RIP Big Proof    :'(

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #56 on: April 11, 2006, 04:29:34 PM »
 :o :o WTF? Damn! R.I.P.

damn. Eminem fucked him up with that stupid video.

RIP

I was just thinkin the same thing.

yeah, me to :o
« Last Edit: April 11, 2006, 04:51:06 PM by Inglewood Ave »

DUB CC

• 'G'
« Reply #57 on: April 11, 2006, 04:51:52 PM »
R.i.P Proof

regimemob510

« Reply #58 on: April 11, 2006, 04:58:10 PM »

Just Another Sunny day in California

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Twin Turbos....yeeeee
« Reply #59 on: April 11, 2006, 05:35:31 PM »
Oh I like this one... One dog goes one way, the other dog goes the other way, and this guy's sayin', "Whadda ya want from me?