Author Topic: Rest in peace: The Blackwallstreet Records  (Read 2641 times)

GangstaBoogy

Re: Rest in peace: The Blackwallstreet Records
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2006, 02:27:08 PM »
u got this of the bws forum where sum knob head posted this

wait till game or skee posts the news coz there bin so many rumours bout cyssero not signed n shit n he is n shit like that

so fuck that post ima wait till game, NJD or skee speaks on this

the dude that posted it talked to johnny hooks on myspace. and as you can see, all 3 of those artist have their forums erased. dont deny the truth when its right in front of you
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2006, 02:44:52 PM »
This is a blessing for Game. He needs to focus on his albums, and not his label. He can build a dynasty later... he needs to put out an album with 50 Cent pushing him back. His got an uphill battle at Interscope. Don't worry about BWS

SlickPants

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2006, 03:28:36 PM »
i'm a pretty big game fan, but i think he made a lot of huge mistakes with his label.  charli baltimore was a mistake to sign in the first place.  he fucked it up with g. malone, tech, and life, probably by not making good enough offers to sign them or getting some distribution (g-unit beef probably hurt here).  eastwood and ya boy are dope, but game didn't really promote them.  they had some hot mixtapes but game was (or still is?) trying to establish BWS using the g-unit beef (which g. malone didn't really participate in, which is part of why he wasn't promoted well) and through a time when the entire industry was blackballing him.  i think BWS was also hurt by the death of billboard, and he didn't really push another "lead" artist off his label until sort of much later with techniec.

hopefully game's next album creates a big buzz that he can use to set up a label -- i think game definately appreciates good music and understand the kinds of elements that make good rap, but he made some really poor business and PR descisions.  honestly i'm relieved that the slate is wiped clean so he can start fresh, although ya boy and eastwood are tight.

wardy

« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2006, 03:38:49 PM »
u got this of the bws forum where sum knob head posted this

wait till game or skee posts the news coz there bin so many rumours bout cyssero not signed n shit n he is n shit like that

so fuck that post ima wait till game, NJD or skee speaks on this

the dude that posted it talked to johnny hooks on myspace. and as you can see, all 3 of those artist have their forums erased. dont deny the truth when its right in front of you

The same thread has this guy sayin

W-Hubb
Rookie

Hooks told me that they'll be back cause he had to do some reorganizing. I asked him what reorganizing is he tryna do and he he has'nt answered my question yet

So hooks has said they are and he said there havent

WAIT FOR THE OFFICIAL WORD B4 BITCHIN BOUT GAME THIS GAME THAT

xGlimpsex

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • I. Will. Not. Lose.
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2006, 03:48:37 PM »
"We don't believe you, you need more people."
Hip Hop: Live, Breathe, Sleep it.

red

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2006, 04:01:26 PM »
WAIT FOR THE OFFICIAL WORD B4 BITCHIN BOUT GAME THIS GAME THAT

The "Untouchable" DJR

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2006, 04:57:21 PM »
Thatz fucked up first Tec and now this!

I was really anticipatin' BWS makin' alotta noise this year...

C'mon Jayceon get yo' shit str8!

~Loyalty Is Everything~

notorious^q8I

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • KUWAITI........
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2006, 05:12:57 PM »
thats sad... game still needs alot of experience in the game.... i hardly see a NEXT 50 cent who can blow up and sign his label after 1st album and his artists actually sell... not even jay-z and eminem accomplished that............
any ways best of luck to game... he betta focus his solo career for now and build his shit later

CLASSIC.... west is BACK

Mygla

« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2006, 10:09:48 PM »
I think that's kinda good....I'm afraid of BlackWallStreet turning too commerical.....So hopefully he can't get no real big name to sign...Sorry Game

what the fuck are you talking about?

What are you talking about?

I wouldn't want to see BlackWallStreet turn a commerical record label and get looked at like G Unit or No Limit. If Game ever gets screwed, he can have his label to lean back on, that ain't too familiar and he can bulid from that  >:(

so you're saying that Eastwood, Ya Boy and Charlie Baltimore are too commercial? and that it's good that Game can lean back on a label with no artists???

you make no sense...

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2006, 10:19:54 PM »
so you're saying that Eastwood, Ya Boy and Charlie Baltimore are too commercial? and that it's good that Game can lean back on a label with no artists???

you make no sense...

that seems to be a pattern around here. lol @ homie that said they took down those artists' forums so they can move them around. you dont have to erase something to change the order.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Canuck

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2006, 10:24:32 PM »
If you really think about it i dont think any of his artists would have sold anything, the only person I could see doing something was G.Malone and he's long gone, plus nowadays everyone and their mama got a record label and i think that you are better off looking after yourself then worrying about getting 6 other albums, why not put all that hard work into your own album and establish your credibility especially for a rapper like Game who always says he is going to become a rap legend...

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2006, 10:31:00 PM »
If you really think about it i dont think any of his artists would have sold anything, the only person I could see doing something was G.Malone and he's long gone, plus nowadays everyone and their mama got a record label and i think that you are better off looking after yourself then worrying about getting 6 other albums, why not put all that hard work into your own album and establish your credibility especially for a rapper like Game who always says he is going to become a rap legend...
Fuck that. How about geting distribution deal before signing an artist.

Quadruple OG

« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2006, 10:34:38 PM »
well, he still has Phat Rat...

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2006, 10:36:00 PM »
well, he still has Phat Rat...
Phat Rat went with Big Fase didn't he? The good thing is he still had Nu Jerzy Devil.

Canuck

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2006, 10:43:26 PM »
even if he had a distribution deal I still dont see any of these guys moving a lot of units, if he was lucky Tech, Eastwood and may'be even Rockstar could have dropped and became like semi-famous rappers, but I seriously think he is better off on his own then having to worry about getting all these guys to drop, and I think anybody who is waiting for Detox will agree with me that a rapper is better off getting his own shit to drop then getting lablemates to drop...