Author Topic: Hip Hop Comments on proof death ( ICP , LIL Jon , Royce ,Kon Artist plus more  (Read 440 times)

wardy

DJ EXCLUSIVE

Proof was Detroit HipHop. He has been labeled "The Hip Hop Mayor of Detroit". He was the cornerstone. This is a major loss for the whole hiphop community. Another life gone due to bullshit violence. The last time i spoke w/ him was last week & he wanted me to do a couple new mixtapes for him & his label Iron Fist, Im gonna make sure that those releases still come out for his fans & proceeds goto his family. Proof will always be remembered & loved very much. We need to STOP THE VIOLENCE THO FA REAL! -DJ Exclusive aka Mr No Days Off

Proof & Chino XL
DJ Exclusive @ Shade45
Exclusive Proof Video

THE GAME
Anytime someone dies in the world period I'm upset. It's when they get murdered that it really hits home ! For a person to shoot & kill another person, there had to be a tremendous amount of hate & envy for the victim. I've had so many of my close homies & even brothers, cousins & my uncle die to street violence. Shit is krazy homie because I feel like I should've died in 2001 when niggas tried to murder me & leave me for the wolves. Only God knows why I'm here 2day homie !!!

I met Proof early 2002 in a studio in Los Angeles & we clicked right off the back. The same night we were in the studio doing some mixtape shit while Em 50 & Dre were in the back studio workin on Get Rich Or Die Tryin. Over the years we became real kool & remained homies throughout all the beef shit witt G-Unit so to wake up this mornin' at 10:41am flip open my sidekick & read that the homie was killed due to a bullet in the head just literally fucked my day. I will end this short letter by saying this, Proof will always be remembered & I as well as the Black Wallstreet family will keep his memory & his family in our prayers 1.

KON ARTIS
I just don't know how to feel right now. It's crazy because we're suffering all these losses. We lost Bugz. Now we lost Proof. I just don't know, you know what I mean? We're all so messed up. Whatever happened, whoever this dude is, is still around. This is just crazy.

PHAT KAT
He was one of the forefathers of Detroit hip-hop, said 34-year-old rapper Phat Kat, who recently hung out with Proof at Detroit's Northern Lights Lounge, a bar that attracts Detroit's hip-hop heavyweights every Tuesday night. That's a real blow to the hip-hop community. ... He was one of the persons that was responsible for Detroit hip-hop as a whole.

Royce Da 5'9"
I am deeply saddened by the murder of someone I called a good friend. I've known Proof for over nine years and will always remember him for the joy and life that he brought into every room he entered. We first met at Detroit's Hip Hop Shop where Proof was hosting open mics and was considered by most to be Detroit's freestyle king. Even then you could tell there was something special about him. Some people might be familiar with a well-publicized beef that Proof and I had a couple of years ago. Thankfully though, we had not only resolved our conflict, but we also restored our friendship. Back in December, we went overseas together for a few spot dates in Europe where we had a chance to catch up on "the good ole days". We both laughed at how we sometimes forget how far we've come, until you look out of your hotel window and see London's Big Ben or Paris's Eiffel Tower. On that tour we had a chance to visit cities we never even knew existed. Not bad for two kids from Detroit Huh. His death is such a loss for the hip hop community, and especially for the city of Detroit. I hope that he will be remembered for the talented artist and great person that he was, and not the tragedy that he fell victim to. My thoughts and prayers go out to his entire family, friends, and anyone that was ever touched by him.

You will forever be loved and remembered.....
Royce Da 5'9"

Quan
Can we please have a moment of silence....PROOF R.I.P ,homie

Death is certain....Life is not....

i wanted to take the time out to reflect with you in the mist of a good brothaz passing.........

Many times we fail to realize that with life....you get only ONE
this shit ain't no damn rehearsal...no lightz ,no cameraz, no action
no propz...no fall downz and get back upz, every thing you do today has an effect on the shit you may have to face tomorrow.....
young , old.....dumb, smart......

sure we all make mistakes and unwise choicez, but god gives us those to learn from, he also uses otherz as examplez....

like many of you can relate...this kinda shit goez on in my hood everyday, even been the cause of some of that shit....just sayin' when that reaper comez..ITZ OVER, THEM TEARZ AIN'T BRINGIN' NOBODY BACK, so before it does come..do right and make everythang you do count....gotta see beyond just exsisting, and just getting by...focus or fail, go hard or go home.....cuz shitz real out here and like i said...you only get one...........

rest in peace proof ...and all the other fallin soldjahz

QUAN

Insane Clown Posse
The Insane Clown Posse, along with the entire Hatchet Family, would like to extend our condolences to the family and friends of DeShaun Holton, a.k.a. Proof of D12. It was only in the last few months that we actually got to know Proof, and in the short time we knew him, we learned that he really was a good guy. We know that he will be greatly missed by his friends and family. God bless. Peace, y'all.

B Real
This goes out to my homie Proof,, may god embrace you my friend, your time on this earth with us was short but we'll never forget that lil bit of time we got to know you and spend with you.. whether it was recording in the studio or touring the world.. you were a good friend to me and i'll never foget that.. you'll be missed by those of us that considered you to be family and i can say that i was one of those people..you will never be forgotten... you were a soldier for hip hop and a talented individual the world didn't get to hear enough of .. but us who knew what you were capable of will always know in our hearts what was taken away from us last night... we love you my brother and we will light one up in your name always my friend R.I.P

You can download B Real ft Proof - Lay U Flat here:

http://www.brealonline.com/breal_proof_lay_you_flat.mp3

Twiztid
Gone but NOT forgotten…
Below is a statement issued by Monoxide on the behalf of Twiztid dealing with the loss of the Hip-Hop and Battle Rap Legend known to all as Proof of D-12.

Well if you haven’t heard yet the world has lost, in my opinion, a very special individual early Tuesday morning. His name was Deshaun Holton but most of you know him as “Proof” from the group D-12. He was unfortunately shot and killed in a club on eight mile in Detroit, Michigan. Me and Jamie want to extend our deepest regrets and condolences to his family, friends and relatives and know that we are truly saddened by this tragedy. A lot of you don’t know that we recently got to sit with him in the studio to do a song for our new record and we hit it off really well. He liked what we were doing so much that he said he wanted to go on the road with us and we were in disbelief. Let's not kid our selves here, Proof is a lot bigger than we even dream about being and that’s not taking anything from us I'm just keeping it real. He said he was seriously diggin' what we had going over at the Hatchet and said he was down for whatever. After long negotiations Monday night with him and his manager we finally had a game plan in place and at 12:30 a.m. we called it a night. I wake up to take my daughter to school and I'm hit with this unbelievable tragedy. Just know he had love for all of us and made it a point to try and show it in the little time we got to spend with him just how much. From the bottom of our hearts we thank him and all his peers for everything that we were able to do together before he was selfishly taken out of all of our lives. His memory will live with us forever. God bless him and his family.

Our prayers go out to the family and friends of Proof from everyone here @Twiztid.com as well, and we ask you to keep his memory, and love for music, alive and strong.

Lil' Jon
WE GOTTA STOP KILLIN EACH OTHER MY NIGGAS!! PROOF WAS A REAL NIGGA. A GOOD NIGGA. NIGGA HAD A WIFE AND KIDS!! HE LOOKED OUT FOR NIGGAS. ALWAYS CRACKIN JOKES AND MAKIN MOTHERFUCKERS LAUGH. WUT DA FUCK!! THIS SHIT WAS PROB OVER SOME BULLSHIT. AINT MANY REAL MOTHERFUCKERS LEF. THIS SHIT GOTTA STOP!! REST IN PEACE MY NIGGA!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This Is A Compilation Of Comments On Proof's Death From Fellow Artist's (Rap & Rock Stars)

Rest In Peace Proof & Bugz OF D12

www.shadybase.com

Oklin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
good read..

it's dope all these artist showing some love... tho i found it a little funny that lil jon's words was writtin in caps  ;)

hmm.. i feel like J Dilla didn't get this much attention and love when he died  :-\

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
If I was Kon Artis I wouldn't even be able to give an interview, shit's crazy
NO MORE WAR

regimemob510

RIP Proof, 2pac, Biggie, Eazy E, J Dilla, Coughnut, and all the fallin soldiers in the struggle.....

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
And of course Lil Jon's is the most senseless and most wack..And it's written in big letters IT AIN'T TIME TO GET CRUNK  :grumpy: Everyone elses is all in order and respectful and his is just BLAH  :P

Jip

• Muthafuckin' Don!

he didnt give an interview, he said a sentance

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!

he didnt give an interview, he said a sentance

why try and correct someone if you're not gonna even do it right.

he actually said about 6 or 7 sentences.

why you feel you had to nitpick my point in the 1st place confuses me.

and by the way it's sentEnce.  :)
NO MORE WAR

africas seed

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Quan

like how quan uses his lyrics in his everyday speech when giving respect to those that have passed on.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Quan

like how quan uses his lyrics in his everyday speech when giving respect to those that have passed on.

Shows his lyrics is true as fuck

arsonist

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Shanti Bananas
ONCE AGIAN RIP PROOF, I AM LISTINING TO LAY U FLAT. JUST THINKING THOSE FUCKIN BOUNCERS. FUCKIN PUSSIES.

S.La*

• Lil Geezy
What the hell is Lil Jon's problem? Seriously.

africas seed

• Muthafuckin' Don!
ONCE AGIAN RIP PROOF, I AM LISTINING TO LAY U FLAT. JUST THINKING THOSE FUCKIN BOUNCERS. FUCKIN PUSSIES.

dont hate on the bouncers just yet. we dont know the full story and to blame the bouncers this early in the investigation would be ignorant. as of now  several reports are stating that proof was the one standing on top of one of the bouncers with a gun pointed towards the guys head. if some dude was pointing a gun to my friends head id prolly shoot the guy as well.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Cassidy recently spoke about Proof too

Freed rapper CASSIDY has hit out at ghetto culture in the wake of D-12 star PROOF's murder, claiming people from poor areas need to be educated about more legitimate ways of being successful. The HOTEL star was reunited with his family after being released from a prison in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, on 2 March (06). He served eight months for involuntary manslaughter and aggravated assault charges, and is now keen to put his jail spell behind him. He tells AllHipHop.com, "They don't have access to the paper (money) that's out here in the world. That's one of the reasons violence is at an all-time high. It's a lot of ways to be successful and a lot of ways to make paper, but the dudes in the 'hood, the minorities don't know about it. "They feel all they can do is be a drug dealer, rapper, or a sports player. They feel if they ain't one of those three things, they are left out so they gotta take what they want. "That's not true. There are a lot of other ways to be successful and probably generate more money than a celebrity or a sports player. But they don't know those things. "Knowing those things is not in the 'hood. The people doing those things is not in the 'hood."
19/04/2006 20:54

Education will stop the killing  :-\

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
fight with ya fists, not guns....

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
good read..

it's dope all these artist showing some love... tho i found it a little funny that lil jon's words was writtin in caps  ;)

hmm.. i feel like J Dilla didn't get this much attention and love when he died  :-\

Yeah, good read...

I dunno about Dilla, he's getting a lot of attention for his beats now, he's being honored that way.

Plus, it might matter that Proof died a violent death.

Don't matter to me though, R.I.P. to both lost talents.