Author Topic: "King of Detroit" Argument Sparked Proof Shooting, Says Witness  (Read 913 times)

Jip

• Muthafuckin' Don!
 A source exclusive to SOHH.com has revealed that the argument that resulted in the death of D12 member Proof was initiated by the other victim in the shootout over a "King of Detroit" argument.

As SOHH previously reported, Proof and Keith Bender got into a heated exchange at Triple C's nightclub early Tuesday morning (April 11) which lead to Proof pistol-whipping and shooting Bender. Proof was then gunned down by Bender's cousin as he stood over Bender.

"[Bender] started an argument with Proof, knowing who he was," the source told SOHH. "Proof told him he didn't want to hear any bullshit and that he was 'King of Detroit' and stuck his hands in [Bender's] face.

The guy then pulled out his gun and then Proof pulled his out and shot -- hitting the guy," the source added. "The guy's cousin who is a bouncer at the club then shot Proof. They grabbed up the gun from the guy Proof shot and fled."

According to the Wayne County Medical Examiner's Office, Proof was shot three times in the head and the chest. He was pronounced dead on arrival at St. John Conner Creek Village in Detroit. Bender is currently in St. Johns Hospital and Medical Center in critical condition.

On Wednesday afternoon (April 12), Mario Etheridge, a 28 year-old bouncer at the Triple C's nightclub, turned himself in to Detroit Police accompanied by his attorney Randall Upshaw. Upon arrest, he revealed he was Bender's cousin.

Etheridge is still in custody and authorities are continuing to investigate whether he should face charges in the shooting, which Detroit Police said, might have been in self-defense. But SOHH.com sources say Etheridge surrendered out of self-preservation.

"The guy turned himself in out of fear he was going to get got at by Proof's people," said the source. "Proof frequented the place and there is of course no way the bouncer or anyone else in the club didn't know who he was,"

http://www.sohh.com/articles/article.php/8747
« Last Edit: April 14, 2006, 08:48:50 AM by Jip »

QCDutch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • #1 llama!
Re: "King of Detroit" Argument Sparked Proof Shooting, Says Witness
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2006, 09:01:45 AM »
Thats some stupid shit to die over
but as far as hiphop goes, he prolly was the king of detroit

Jip

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2006, 09:03:53 AM »
yea :(

africas seed

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2006, 09:04:04 AM »
hopefully theres more to the story cuz thats a sad way to go out.

ABN

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2006, 09:10:06 AM »
if the guy that Proof shot pulled out first then there´s no way that the guy who shot Proof will get away with self defense.

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2006, 09:13:28 AM »
hopefully theres more to the story cuz thats a sad way to go out.

word

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

eKardz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I bleed red white and blue, I am a New York Ranger
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2006, 09:15:53 AM »
if dude pulled the tool first then proof shot him in self defense.  thats some weak shit to die for fuck them niggas.

rip derrty harry

Ozir

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Westside!
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2006, 12:14:17 PM »
I kinda believe this story a little more... it makes more sense... although the whole situation was some "nonsense" going on.

The other story claims that Proof and Bender were fighting and then someone fired a shot into the ceiling.  Then everyone got quiet.  Then Proof pistol whipped and shot Bender.

If that was the case, everyone in that club would be able to easily remember that and corraborate it.  Plus it doesn't make sense that Proof woulda pistol whipped and shot dude after someone popped a round into the ceiling and everybody was quiet and watching.

This story about Proof shooting the guy after the dude pulled a gun makes more logical sense.

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2006, 04:19:47 PM »
Something just struck me as a bit odd.

Proof was shot in the head from the back right?

How come the reports say Proof got shot "three times in the head and the chest"?

I'm not going on some conspiracy theory trip, but wouldn't it be extremely borderline self defense to shoot a guy from the back to his head first, and then shoot him in the chest?

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2006, 04:30:40 PM »
so these dudes died over a debate about being the "king of detroit"? lmao sorry but thats funny
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2006, 04:34:41 PM »

How come the reports say Proof got shot "three times in the head and the chest"?

I'm not going on some conspiracy theory trip, but wouldn't it be extremely borderline self defense to shoot a guy from the back to his head first, and then shoot him in the chest?

Is probably just all them damn witnesses sayin 'this happned no this did'

Witness after witness....they all have something different to say

Jip

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2006, 04:41:23 PM »

im no expert on guns but they have recoil, if the guy fires 4 shots, the first one goes in his chest, his hand goes up due to recoil the the next 3 hit him in the head or something

his head must have been a mess

Eihtball

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2006, 04:46:44 PM »

It's possible that the impact of the shots caused his body to jerk involuntarily.  Maybe he got shot in the chest first, and then turned, and as he did, he got bucked in the head.  Or maybe the other way around, I dunno.

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2006, 05:22:54 PM »
^^
Yeah, most likely something like that...

Fucked up shit...

Citizen-Y

« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2006, 08:43:25 PM »
so these dudes died over a debate about being the "king of detroit"? lmao sorry but thats funny

as my friend from Detroit said, "It'd be like saying "I'm King of this really shitty area nobody else wants to live in".