Author Topic: Something that will break your heart  (Read 248 times)

Trauma-san

Something that will break your heart
« on: April 15, 2006, 03:25:49 PM »
Alright, so I'm messing around on the internet, and read something about an adopted kid, then read something about Steven Curtis Chapman (He's a christian singer who helps people adopt kids), then I found this website, AdoptUsKids.

There are pictures and descriptions on the website of kids living in orphanages or foster homes here in the U.s., fuckin' 500 THOUSAND kids, just in the U.S.  Probably 100 million orphans world wide.  You look @ their pictures, and they're just normal kids, but they'll end up dead or fucked up if nobody gets to them, and the odds are nobody will.  Saddest shit I've ever seen in my life.

http://www.adoptuskids.org/servlet/page?_pageid=188&_dad=portal30&_schema=PORTAL30

africas seed

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Something that will break your heart
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2006, 04:34:40 PM »
must be so hard on these kids growing up without any parents. i could never imagine their pain. my family did their part by adopting a daughter.

Trauma-san

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2006, 04:37:59 PM »
That's great... I'm getting older every year and don't have any kids, I may end up adopting down the line but that's a big decision.  Kids are pretty resiliant but after so much they end up cynical and fucked up.   Some of those kids have seen some fucked up stuff, though, I'll bet.  Think about the ones from russia and shit, that'd be even worse. 

africas seed

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2006, 04:44:34 PM »
yeah the pain and struggle all of these kids have gone through has definetly taken a huge toll on them but i dont think anyone would have regrets bout adopting a child and the child would be very grateful for the opportunity at a new life that you have given them. most of the children that get adopted r really young the majority of them being babies. kinda sad cuz once a child reaches the age of 8 i think his/ her chances of being adopted r really slim and this is because the parents dont want a child that has already been traumitized and want one that is still growing up so they can be their during the childs imprinting period and other critical points during their childhood much like my pranets did with my sister.

Trauma-san

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2006, 04:48:12 PM »
yeah the pain and struggle all of these kids have gone through has definetly taken a huge toll on them but i dont think anyone would have regrets bout adopting a child and the child would be very grateful for the opportunity at a new life that you have given them. most of the children that get adopted r really young the majority of them being babies. kinda sad cuz once a child reaches the age of 8 i think his/ her chances of being adopted r really slim and this is because the parents dont want a child that has already been traumitized and want one that is still growing up so they can be their during the childs imprinting period and other critical points during their childhood much like my pranets did with my sister.

Yeah, I'm convinced that by the time you're about 6 or 7, you're already basically 'who you're going to be', any damage done before that is nearly impossible to overcome. 

Think how the kids that grow out of the orphanage must feel.  They've been in an orphanage or whatever for fuckin' 8 or 9 years and never got adopted, nobody wanted them, now they're out on their own and supposed to bring themselves up alone in the world with nobody.  It's fucking horrible. 

africas seed

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2006, 04:52:06 PM »

Yeah, I'm convinced that by the time you're about 6 or 7, you're already basically 'who you're going to be', any damage done before that is nearly impossible to overcome. 

Think how the kids that grow out of the orphanage must feel.  They've been in an orphanage or whatever for fuckin' 8 or 9 years and never got adopted, nobody wanted them, now they're out on their own and supposed to bring themselves up alone in the world with nobody.  It's fucking horrible. 

yeah and then since they most likely missed out on any sort of education they have to resort to a life of crime or violence to find a way to survive.

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2006, 10:38:52 PM »
There are pictures and descriptions on the website of kids living in orphanages or foster homes here in the U.s., fuckin' 500 THOUSAND kids, just in the U.S. 

the same number of Iraqi children died in sanctions and wars u cheered.
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Trauma-san

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2006, 04:33:48 AM »
Yeah, Wars a bitch, ain't it? 

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2006, 11:31:24 AM »
Yeah, Wars a bitch, ain't it? 

so are coward chicken hawks...arm chair general

whip it real hard, whip it whip it real hard
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll