Author Topic: can someone help/explain eBay to me?  (Read 87 times)

WestCoasta

can someone help/explain eBay to me?
« on: April 15, 2006, 09:51:47 PM »
I just registered an eBay account and activated it and all that shit...

I'm just wondering about the whole process of buying shit, etc..  It's kinda confusing to me

do you need a credit card?  if not then how would u buy shit without a credit card?

and how do u know if the shit u're getting it legit or not....

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
Re: can someone help/explain eBay to me?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2006, 10:00:15 PM »
If I remember correctly you need a credit card to register an account, so I don;t know what's going on with you there. After you bid and win a prize, you pay according to how the seller prefers (which is showed before you bid). Credit Card is the main option, but you can also do money orders and other stuff. You don't really have a way of seeing if something is legit. The only ensentive for the seller is he won't get his account deleted or you wont try and track him down and sue his ass. That's why ebay has a user rating system so you know how reliable the seller is. Plus most people have a paypal account which is basically a third party who makes sure the transaction is complete (and even compinsatse you in certain caes. Best part paypal is free so it's very valuable to have.

WestCoasta

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2006, 10:03:31 PM »
^^ nah it's free to register... and they say u don't need a credit card cuz u can use PayPal

but I don't know how to go about PayPal now  ???

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2006, 10:15:35 PM »
It's free to register, but when I did they said they needed a credit card to show that I had some eay of bidding. But that was before I got paypal. I'd be cautious with paypal because there is fake one going around trying to get people's info (http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=102901.0).

K A I N

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2006, 10:21:34 PM »
Register w/Paypal, you'll need a bank account though.  Your email address will be your ID. 

When you make a purchase or sell on eBay they will link you to Paypal screens to complete the transaction...it's simple.

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2006, 10:43:08 PM »
b careful b4 u buy from someone,make sure they have solid postive feedback from various ppl

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24