Author Topic: The hip-hop community will be the next segment of US soceity to embrace Islam  (Read 1716 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Suratal Nasr-

"When comes the help of Allah
and you will see the people
enter Allah's religion in crowds
Celebrate the praises of the Lord
and pray for his forgiveness
For he is oft-returning in grace
and in mercy".

Just as hip-hop was started by the Pan African/Pan Islamic movements like the Zulu Nation, I believe that the fans of hip-hop (like myself) will soon represent a large block of American society embracing Islam.  We grew up listening to so many rappers expressing Pan-Islam or atleast sympathetic to Islam and Muslims, that we have grown up with favourable views towards Islam.  Even 2pac had a video in 1996 "I Ain't Mad At Ya" in which he gives encouragement to an old friend who converted to Islam.

We already know how many rappers are Muslim, but you will be suprised to find in the coming years how many fans of hip-hop will enter into Islam. 

Look at the kids in school today, they are still trying to skateboard and listening to local rock artists who are no longer mainstream and will soon become irrelevant.  And when it comes to young kids who are into hip-hop, there will always be ignorant hip-hop heads, but not everyone is going to settle for music that has no substance; and a life that has no meaning.  Those who are conscious and are seeking to attain a higher level of conscious will soon embrace Islam as a means of learn knowledge and discipline.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2006, 05:59:50 AM by Islamic Khalifah Sultan Abdul Hamid- 1908- »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
i doubt it

isn't music banned in islam anyway?

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
i doubt it

isn't music banned in islam anyway?

No.  The Qu'ran says nothing against music.  There is report with a weak chain of narration, of the Prophet Muhammad saying something against music, therefore some Muslims do not listen to it.  However, as Muslims we are only obligated to regard as forbidden what Allah has made forbidden for us in the Noble Qu'ran.   

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
However, as Muslims we are only obligated to regard as forbidden what Allah has made forbidden for us in the Noble Qu'ran.

Seriously, don't you think it's kind of pathetic that you base your life around what some dead guy says in a book?  I just don't get it.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
Hip Hop is also embraces drug dealers, pimps, murderers, and gang members. Much more so than it does Islam. Does that mean that more kids will become criminals.

And the basic Rock and Roll band isn't going anywhere. It's hit bit of a snag but a new sound will emerge in the main stream and get the kids riled up and take over. It's not like no bands sell. In recent years bands like U2, Creed, Nickelback, Greenday, Fallout Boy, and even Good Charlotte have all gone multiplatinum. I may hate all that Emo crap but those bands do alright too. Not to mention i taskes more talent to write and perfrom a mediocre Rock band hit than it does a very good rap song.

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!

Seriously, don't you think it's kind of pathetic that you base your life around what some dead guy says in a book?  I just don't get it.

The book was inspired by the Creator of the Worlds. 

Why don't you write down all your knowledge on life and death, and put it side by side with the Qu'ran.  Then see which one you would rather follow.

Wessia4LiaNia Chieee Chieee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'M Mo' Than a God I'M a Warrior
Hip Hop is also embraces drug dealers, pimps, murderers, and gang members. Much more so than it does Islam. Does that mean that more kids will become criminals.

There it is... I think those who will follow Islam won't do it because they fav rappers are Muslim but because they found theyselves in the religion. I'm a fan of Hip Hop, a mad one, but I know the difference between being a fan of it and "idolise" (don't know exactly the word) it. I found myself into many many aspects of Islam, I found myself into many aspects of hinduism too, and I just follow my thoughts...I don't have to follow another religion just because most of the culture that I love (Hip Hop) does it. If my father is an alcoholic I should be one too?(it's not a good example tho)but don't know how to exactly express myself...  But in fact you are right...many of the ones who will embrace Islam are hip hop fans, but ask yourself how many will do it because they love Islam and how many will do it cause they love rappers?
Lyrical Swords 4 Lia

nibs

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aco forever
I may hate all that Emo crap but those bands do alright too. Not to mention i taskes more talent to write and perfrom a mediocre Rock band hit than it does a very good rap song.

i disagree with you, there are hip hop producers that are very talented musically and lyricists that are very skilled poetically.  as far as i can tell rock bands don't even make a decent effort in terms of their lyrics and half of them can't sing either.  so the vocal talent is lacking.

"a four letter word is going out to every single enemy" - kam

nibs

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aco forever
Quote from: Islamic Khalifah Sultan Abdul Hamid- 1908-
Just as hip-hop was started by the Pan African/Pan Islamic movements like the Zulu Nation, I believe that the fans of hip-hop (like myself) will soon represent a large block of American society embracing Islam.

islam in hip hop reached it's peak in the mid 90's when it seemed like half the west coast was noi and half the east coast was 5%'ers. 

now you only hear islamic themes and references in some underground artists, talib kweli or hasan salaam. 

islam is on the decline in hip hop, definitely in mainstream hip hop.

there is also this constant theme in news from afghanistan that the black soldiers are both being ill recieved and behaving exceptionally poorly as well.  i don't know if this is propoganda to get blacks behind the war, but there seems to be a stronger schism between the blacks in the mideast and others.

i'm skeptical of your theory.
"a four letter word is going out to every single enemy" - kam

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
I doubt Hip-Hop will embrace Islam as much as it did in the late 80's, early 90's when Paris, Public Enemy and Ice Cube were platinum selling artist. Right now Hip-Hop is in selfish phase, and I don't see that ending soon. 2004 was it's only hope to grow out of this stage when every artist was a politican, but once Bush won again, it was back to business as usual.

Eihtball

Yeah, I agree with what the people above me have said.  The Afrocentric phase in hip-hop pretty much died out 10 years ago, which in my opinion probably had a lot to do with the increasing awareness that dissing the "white devil" was counter-productive when white kids were the biggest consumers of hip-hop records.  Even though I'm as tired of all the thug-talk in hip-hop as anyone else, I can't say I miss the Afrocentric days THAT much, either.

Although I do think it's kinda true that hip-hop could, in theory, get kids interested in Islam.  When I was a shorty, I got interested in the Qur'an and Malcolm X after listening to Public Enemy and Brand Nubian, and I thought about becoming a Muslim, but it ain't happened yet (and almost certainly won't).  Of course, that's probably cause I became interested in gangbanging after I started listening to Snoop Dogg and Eazy-E, and that's when I started throwing up Southside Village and going out blued up and shit.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
I may hate all that Emo crap but those bands do alright too. Not to mention i taskes more talent to write and perfrom a mediocre Rock band hit than it does a very good rap song.

i disagree with you, there are hip hop producers that are very talented musically and lyricists that are very skilled poetically.  as far as i can tell rock bands don't even make a decent effort in terms of their lyrics and half of them can't sing either.  so the vocal talent is lacking.

I meant the good bands talent wise. Not Good Charlotte, Simple Plan, etc. Bands like Pearl Jam, the Red Hot Chili Peppers, or Springsteen. A guy like Springsteen is more musically talented across the board than anyone in maybe the history of rap, and as good as any of the best lyricists.

However my main point was that it takes more talent to write and record an average rock song than it does to write and record an average hip hop song. You give me a computer, a stack of records to sample from, and a microphone and I my self will produce a rap song that isn't much worse than most of the rap in the mainstream today (Infinte was talking about the Mainstream). You give me a piano, a guitar, a bass, drums, and I'll have a very difficult time coming up with anything. In gerenral it's harder to play instruments than play with a computer program (which it what most hip hop is today). Top level DJing and scratching maybe an art and a true talent but it has a very small place in today's mainstream hip hop scene (unfortunately).

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!

However my main point was that it takes more talent to write and record an average rock song than it does to write and record an average hip hop song.

i taskes more talent to write and perfrom a mediocre Rock band hit than it does a very good rap song.

So which one is it?

Eihtball

However my main point was that it takes more talent to write and record an average rock song than it does to write and record an average hip hop song. You give me a computer, a stack of records to sample from, and a microphone and I my self will produce a rap song that isn't much worse than most of the rap in the mainstream today (Infinte was talking about the Mainstream). You give me a piano, a guitar, a bass, drums, and I'll have a very difficult time coming up with anything. In gerenral it's harder to play instruments than play with a computer program (which it what most hip hop is today). Top level DJing and scratching maybe an art and a true talent but it has a very small place in today's mainstream hip hop scene (unfortunately).

No, you definitely could not.  Even making "average" hip-hop beats is still like conducting a minor orchestra: It's all about arrangement.  It's also important to keep in mind that sampling is (essentially) dead these days, and that most of the "samples" you hear on modern hip-hop records are actually played by other musicians (like on Dre's present-day records, where he has Scott Storch on the keyboards and Mike Elizondo doing guitar and bass).  Hip-hop beats may be based upon a repetitive chord structure and looping, but coming up with something so catchy in the first place is still difficult.  The average hip-hop beat is far more complex and has far more layers of depth than the average rock beat, IMO.  Just look at all the beats available on Soundclick or in our own Lab section...do you really hear any that are even CLOSE to as good as what most hip-hop producers come up with?  And those are made by cats who have computers, mics, and stacks of records to sample from.

Besides, it's interesting that you group all "rock" in the same category and say that just because it takes guitar, bass, and drums that means it takes more talent.  Part of the appeal of punk in the 1970s' was that any frustrated British youth could basically get on stage and belt out some "glorious noise" even if they were inexperienced, and indeed, a lot of people wrote off punk as a genre for that reason.  More recently, we've seen the same thing with Nirvana and the onset of "grunge" in the early-90s'.

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
However, as Muslims we are only obligated to regard as forbidden what Allah has made forbidden for us in the Noble Qu'ran.

Lot of things u dont get. Dont hurt yourself, buddy. Dont think too hard. Sit down, catch your breathe, have a drink of water.
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll