Author Topic: Easter?  (Read 4575 times)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
Re: Easter?
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2006, 10:02:13 AM »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

So when did all this start happening for you? How old were you and how were you introduced to Islam and the Quran?

infinite sent me a copy of the qu'ran in january, and i began studying it.

P.S. I never felt the Gospel was a way to stay oppressed it just states you shouldn't commit evil to fight evil, but that no one can really be perfect so just make sure you are sorry when you do wrong and try harder to keep from doing it the next time.

i agree that there are other ways to interpret the gospel; but the gospel has been used as a tool of oppression; and the emphasis on the afterlife has been used as a mechanism to subjugate conquered peoples.

i was in monterrey mexico last week (business \w a client based in mexico), i visited a couple local museums and was able to see some of the exhibits on the aztecs and other native cultures.  it's one things to hear the story of how religion was theoretically used to subjugate peoples; it's extremely powerful to be able to see the actual tools that were used.  they artifacts of crosses with an image representing the face of jesus blended along with other symbols of the native religions.  indicating that "our god has dominated your gods"; and also tricking people to embrace and worship jesus along with the native customs.  they also had artifacts of mary with the baby jesus and the back drop of native symbols and images.  the usurping of the symbols of those native religions very closely parallels the catholic churches policy of adopting pagan holidays and reinterpretting them within christianity.

So you've only been Muslim since January?

And who cares what people use in the name of a religion and what that has to do with a religion. The Turks used Islam to take over and oppress my ancestors for 400 years, and then used it kill 1.5 million Armenians in a holocaust, and whatever Greek they found, then sent all the Greeks in Turkey into Greece in hopes of there being more people than resources to take care of them. I never held Islam at fault because some jackass in Turkey enslaved my great great great great Grandfather and told him "you know if you were Muslim we couldn't enslave you", a nice little trick I'm sure that got many slaves to convert just to get out of bondage.

For the record I'm Orthodox Christian and the Cathloic Churches decision don't have much affect on me or how I believe. Even the Easter Eggs stem from a story that Mary Magdelene turned white eggs into red eggs infront of Caesar. I can read up on how Islam was created from the paganism in the area. The moon God Al ilah of the old Pagan arabs seems to some little connections to to aspects of Islamic beliefs.
your wrong here ,the moon god was called hubal .but in arabic when we say gods we say illah so ,before islam there was more the one god so hubal was called illah hubal and he was the moon god. islam doesn't have to do anything with the moon ,then when the ottamon khalifa started they took their one emblem and put it in every mosque ,to show their control over the region. so in arabic illah means one of the gods .allah means the god .thats like in english you call the hindu deties gods ,but call jesus god. so illah----gods  allah----the god(one--no partner)

I meant it as a counter point to the claims that Christianity had been paganized. I didn't mean that Islam was founded on the moon God. I'm just saying there are muslims that "this" about Christianity, and chrsitians that say "that" about Islam. And athiests that think both are nuts. I think the two different sides of finger pointing is just one trying to justify their beliefs over another. I don't need justifivation. I belive what I feel is right and see no point in trying to prove religion since I know that elder monks and imams have spent lifetimes of prayer, faith and wisdom and still can't convince the other.

nibs

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aco forever
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2006, 10:08:43 AM »
I think the two different sides of finger pointing is just one trying to justify their beliefs over another.

let's clarify this: i wasn't finger pointing; i was illustrating how christianity had been used to both oppress people and then subjugate them to the laws of their oppressors.  the adoption of the symbolism of the native religions were a part of this.  we both agree that this has nothing to do with christianity.  but a perversion used by individuals for their own gain.  this returns to the original question of why do christians continue to embrace these holidays with the pagan roots, as originally they had nothing to do with christianity.

it isn't an attack on christianity but on traditions that have their roots in deception and oppression.
"a four letter word is going out to every single enemy" - kam

herpes

« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2006, 10:47:41 AM »
lol @ u easter bunnies catchin feelins
u catch the same feelings when someone talks shit about islam

dexter

« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2006, 10:56:17 AM »
Why does it bother you if Christians celebrate Easter?  I'm agnostic but it doesn't bother me in the least bit if people celebrate easter, hanukkah (i'm sure i butchered the spelling), ramadan, whatever.  This day doesn't hold significance to me at all, but it does to others.  So on a day that some people do find happiness, why does that bother you?

most christian holidays do have pagan origins, so asking people their opinions on these holidays isn't necessarily an intolerant question.  the catholic church hijacked and redefined many pagan holidays as a way of attracting christian converts.
there are several christian sects that do not support these holidays.  jehovah's witnesses do not celebrate easter.  seventh day adventists (i attended this church as a youth) acknowledge the pagan origins, but see no real harm in celebrating christmas or easter...etc.  even if it is a pagan holiday that has adapted pagan symbolism; it's not like they start worshipping the pagan gods.
i don't see the harm in questioning the holiday, or asking people why they celebrate it.  down in mexico they took the week off and were going to church everyday.  that can't be a bad thing.

why isn't the effect to which the catholic church shaped the current direction of christianity, and the motivation behind those actions a valid question?  the catholic influence represents an interesing shift in focus, as many of the early christians largely focused on understanding and following christ's teachings; yet the catholic church shifted that focus to a celebration of christ, and to a lesser extent mary.  the easter holiday is a direct reflection of this.

i don't see this as an issue of intolerance.
PAGANS! Pagans

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2006, 11:20:10 AM »
So I guess it's a hoax so these big American companies can make money off easter eggs and lil bunnies right? pshhhhhh.... Look, alot of Christian activities doesn't make sense to the modern man just like Islam. The day however shouldn't be slandered because it doesn't make sense to you, it promotes remembrance and brings families together which is a great and positive thing to do. In the middle east days like this aren't CELEBRATED, they are MOURNED with negative energy. I have personally experienced both sides. That's the only difference.

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

WestCoasta

« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2006, 12:38:01 PM »

Easter > sucks

Islam > gay

Fathom

• 'G'
« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2006, 01:48:51 PM »
happy easter

Easter is a hoax.

The holidays in America are promoted by big business advertisers, and they are a successful marketing tool. 
So?

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2006, 03:49:16 PM »
I think the two different sides of finger pointing is just one trying to justify their beliefs over another.

let's clarify this: i wasn't finger pointing; i was illustrating how christianity had been used to both oppress people and then subjugate them to the laws of their oppressors.  the adoption of the symbolism of the native religions were a part of this.  we both agree that this has nothing to do with christianity.  but a perversion used by individuals for their own gain.  this returns to the original question of why do christians continue to embrace these holidays with the pagan roots, as originally they had nothing to do with christianity.

it isn't an attack on christianity but on traditions that have their roots in deception and oppression.

I never meant to impy I was talking about you. I was just saying what I htink people in general are doing, Christian and Muslim, when they spend so much time trying to disprove the validity of the other religion.

As for your question on why Christians embrace the holidays; It's not the date of the year or the little customs that go along with the days but the meaning behind them. Christmas ultimately represents the birth of Christ for Christians and whether he was born on that day or not isn't the point. The point is that they want to express devotion to the one thay call their saviour. The same for Easter and celebrating what they believe Jesus did. Are the days a main part of the religion or essential in order to fully be Christian? Not as far as I'm concerned, but I don't see anything wrong with celebrating on those days. I would go out on Haloween as a kid and it had no religious significance to me. It was just a day to have some fun.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2006, 05:23:34 PM »
Basically, what I'm seeing in this thread is that people don't really care if the holiday is fake because they say "it's all about fun, family, and having a good time!"

Well, that sounds nice, but if Americans are so much about family and having a good time, then why are they among the world leaders in suicide rates, anti-depression drug use, and broken, dysfunctional families?

...the reason why is America is the best at selling you a fantasy.  Everybody thinks they are going to grow up and be rich and famous and fall in love and have all the women and go on a great adventure; basically they think life is like the movies because most Americans spend their lives watching Tom Cruise and Tom Hanks movies.  Many people chase after that fantasy and when they don't find anything on the other end they become frustrated.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2006, 05:26:58 PM by Islamic Khalifah Sultan Abdul Hamid- 1908- »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2006, 05:31:30 PM »
Basically, what I'm seeing in this thread is that people don't really care if the holiday is fake because they say "it's all about fun, family, and having a good time!"
That's because not everyone here is Christain, therfore not everyone takes it seriously. Since American has this thing called freedom of religon, Easter can't be designated as a  religious holiday.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2006, 05:44:14 PM »

That's because not everyone here is Christain, therfore not everyone takes it seriously. Since American has this thing called freedom of religon, Easter can't be designated as a  religious holiday.

If Americans are having so much fun with all your fake holidays then why are ya'll on so many anti-depression drugs?

Americans act like your supposed to live in a constant state of euphoria.  There's always a new movie, a new album, another holiday, another weekend, another reason to party, so on and so forth.   

It's like Imam Jamil Al Amin says on drug use:

"This society arouses within you desires and passions that make you seek to escape reality by being high.  Everything is geared toward keeping you in a state of euphoria.  One holiday follows the next: Christmas to New Years, to Easter, to Mothers Day, to Fathers Day, to the NBA playoffs, to the Superbowl, to the Championship fights, to Olympics.  Everything keeps you high.  Everything is geared towards keeping you away from encountering reality, everything is geared to keep you from remembering God.  The problem is not so much crack and cocaine, but that we live in a system that can infect, that develops within you an appetite to divorce yourself from reality.  Therefore when intoxicants are introduced to you as a physical experience, you have already been conditioned spiritually and mentally.  A condition has been created where you begin to oppress yourself in a state that is unnatural."
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

J Bananas

« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2006, 05:49:04 PM »
^^^
stop hating asshole, just cuz you lack testosterone doesnt mean you have to envy/hate/desire american life because our stereotype is alpha. i know where ur whole fucked up psyche comes from its transparent.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2006, 06:33:29 PM »

If Americans are having so much fun with all your fake holidays then why are ya'll on so many anti-depression drugs?

Americans act like your supposed to live in a constant state of euphoria.  There's always a new movie, a new album, another holiday, another weekend, another reason to party, so on and so forth.   

It's like Imam Jamil Al Amin says on drug use:

"This society arouses within you desires and passions that make you seek to escape reality by being high.  Everything is geared toward keeping you in a state of euphoria.  One holiday follows the next: Christmas to New Years, to Easter, to Mothers Day, to Fathers Day, to the NBA playoffs, to the Superbowl, to the Championship fights, to Olympics.  Everything keeps you high.  Everything is geared towards keeping you away from encountering reality, everything is geared to keep you from remembering God.  The problem is not so much crack and cocaine, but that we live in a system that can infect, that develops within you an appetite to divorce yourself from reality.  Therefore when intoxicants are introduced to you as a physical experience, you have already been conditioned spiritually and mentally.  A condition has been created where you begin to oppress yourself in a state that is unnatural."
Why do you speak in second person plural? You seem to forget that you are American too, therfore you will suffer the same problems as me or any other American. How does that feel? But wait since you're Muslim you are not like the rest of Americans. Your religous discrimination sickens me like only a white man's discrimination can.

herpes

« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2006, 06:42:01 PM »
Every time I think your started to grow up brian you show your true colors and show what a piece of shit you really are.  And no im not catching feelings over this, not im not getting offended b/c im not religious at all.  Im just stating the obvious, your a piece of shit brian. 

Sikotic™

« Reply #44 on: April 17, 2006, 07:36:55 PM »
I hope you enjoyed having the day off on our fake holiday.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE