Author Topic: Easter?  (Read 4531 times)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
Re: Easter?
« Reply #60 on: April 18, 2006, 12:56:58 PM »
Why do you guys take Infinite so seriously? He's obviously joking. You can tell by his writing that he isn't as completely stupid as he pretends to be. He's just trying to get people riled up. Just like he did when he said 2Pac deserves his own religion and Dr. Dre has more musical talent Ludwig Von Beethoven.

I no longer take any offense to what he says. He's no Muslim. He's just some kid white kid in the suburbs with a computer and a lot of free time. There is no doubt that he knows about Islam and studied it but he follows it about as much as CWalker follows Christianity, (I realize Cordell Walker could just be a gimmick too). I'm a Christian and I know it. I don't even go to Church in the traditional sense because Christianity is about a lot more than that. I'm not perfect but I don't pretend to be, and nothing ol' Brian here can say will ever make me doubt my faith or lifestyle. You guys shouldn't waste valuable typing time on the guy. If you really want to piss him off just don't respond to any of his posts at all from now on. I'm going to try it. Let's see how long before he snaps.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #61 on: April 18, 2006, 01:10:42 PM »

Oh, I get it. So Muslims spend 24-7 in there churches praying. They don't eat sleep or procreate because they're Muslims 24-7. Christains on the other hand are only Christains on Sunday according to you.
So if a Christain is only a Christain when he's at church/praying, and Muslims are Muslims 24-7 then that means they spend 24-7 praying/worshiping. They don't eat, sleep, procreate, or do anything like that because a Muslim is a Muslim 24-7. :P

No, not exactly.

You see, Islam means "submission to the Creator".  So it's a state of mind and a state of being.  Even going to work becomes an act of worship, because we go to work for the sake of Allah; and we don't forget to remember him even when at work.  There is giudance in the Qu'ran for how a Muslim should conduct his business.  It's like that in all things; it's spending your whole life in submission to Allah.  Even sex is an act of worship.  The Prophet Muhammad (saws) was asked by his companions "How is it, that Allah rewards us for having sexual relations with our wife?"  The Prophet Muhammad replied, "If you were out in the world engaging in unlawful activities Allah would punish you correct?  Well, likewise; Allah rewards when you engage in what is permissable".   
And what makes you think Christianty doesn't have the same belief?

nibs

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aco forever
« Reply #62 on: April 18, 2006, 01:13:01 PM »
Why do you speak in second person plural? You seem to forget that you are American too, therfore you will suffer the same problems as me or any other American. How does that feel? But wait since you're Muslim you are not like the rest of Americans. Your religous discrimination sickens me like only a white man's discrimination can.

there's an interesting psychological/philosophical debate that you are touching on there.  the basic notion is that you are what you identify with.  i touched on this with shallow about how american blacks identify with a race; whereas jamaicans and africans identify with nations.  (africans also identify with tribes within their nations); europeans identify with their nations, and even many white americans still identify with their european nations of origin.

if you look at a religion like hinduism, it states that all of these identities are false; illusions that people believe which only serves to divide them.

in a similar manner, the qu'ran states in several places that all people are the same, created from the same pair.  thus, the only identification one should have is with other muslims.  the qu'ran states that peaceful and amicable relations should be maintained with everyone, but the only identification one should make is with other muslims; as that is the only identification that matters.

so while you challenge infinite and criticize him for denying "who he is"; why shouldn't infinite be allowed to define who he is on his own?
"a four letter word is going out to every single enemy" - kam

nibs

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aco forever
« Reply #63 on: April 18, 2006, 01:14:23 PM »
Quote from: Dat Nigga Ted aka The 10th Nazgūl link=topic=107663.msg1111187#msg1111187
And what makes you think Christianty doesn't have the same belief?

the qu'ran asserts that the followers of christ's teachings do believe the same; unless they have distorted the teachings of christ.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #64 on: April 18, 2006, 01:21:14 PM »
Why do you speak in second person plural? You seem to forget that you are American too, therfore you will suffer the same problems as me or any other American. How does that feel? But wait since you're Muslim you are not like the rest of Americans. Your religous discrimination sickens me like only a white man's discrimination can.

there's an interesting psychological/philosophical debate that you are touching on there.  the basic notion is that you are what you identify with.  i touched on this with shallow about how american blacks identify with a race; whereas jamaicans and africans identify with nations.  (africans also identify with tribes within their nations); europeans identify with their nations, and even many white americans still identify with their european nations of origin.

if you look at a religion like hinduism, it states that all of these identities are false; illusions that people believe which only serves to divide them.

in a similar manner, the qu'ran states in several places that all people are the same, created from the same pair.  thus, the only identification one should have is with other muslims.  the qu'ran states that peaceful and amicable relations should be maintained with everyone, but the only identification one should make is with other muslims; as that is the only identification that matters.

so while you challenge infinite and criticize him for denying "who he is"; why shouldn't infinite be allowed to define who he is on his own?
Because who he is and what he is is 2 diffrent things.

nibs

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aco forever
« Reply #65 on: April 18, 2006, 01:27:35 PM »

is he left handed or right handed?

is he tall or short?

is he healthy or sick?  happy or sad?  noodles or rice?  chicken or steak? boxers or briefs?

what he is is alot of things, none that he has denied.  yet you focus on one; and attribute more importance to one then all the rest.  why is that?  why can't infinite decide what is important to him?

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #66 on: April 18, 2006, 01:46:50 PM »
But he HAS idenified himself with America. But it seems a lot of the times when he wants to bash America he changes his mind as says you americans. Then he'll turn around an idenify himself with Arabs, Blacks etc.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #67 on: April 18, 2006, 01:53:21 PM »

is he left handed or right handed?

is he tall or short?

is he healthy or sick?  happy or sad?  noodles or rice?  chicken or steak? boxers or briefs?

what he is is alot of things, none that he has denied.  yet you focus on one; and attribute more importance to one then all the rest.  why is that?  why can't infinite decide what is important to him?
Who you are is your choice. What you are is a combination of many factors. If you are born white can you change that? It's not what you idenify with, it's what you are. If you are born American can you vhange that? No. It's what you are. He will say Americns are living a lie, but then say he isn't. It's a contradiction.

nibs

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aco forever
« Reply #68 on: April 18, 2006, 02:03:52 PM »
Who you are is your choice. What you are is a combination of many factors. If you are born white can you change that? It's not what you idenify with, it's what you are. If you are born American can you vhange that? No. It's what you are.

how relevant is it, if it isn't relavent to him?  he hasn't denied his race, he simply has not defined himself by that.

He will say Americns are living a lie, but then say he isn't. It's a contradiction.

if he doesn't view himself as an american, than it makes sense.  in some legal sense, sure; it's a contradiction; he is an american citizen.  however, he isn't filing a legal brief.  if he does not identify with americans; he can exclude himself freely.

what i'm getting at is this; you aren't arguing his point that americans are living a lie; you are arguing the semantics of what it means to be american.

why argue the  semantics of some ancillary issue and ignore the meat of his argument which is that [most] americans are living a lie.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2006, 02:07:02 PM by nibs »

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #69 on: April 18, 2006, 02:23:13 PM »
if he doesn't view himself as an american, than it makes sense.
I'm your average white American citizen

if he doesn't view himself as an american, than it makes sense.  in some legal sense, sure; it's a contradiction; he is an american citizen.  however, he isn't filing a legal brief.  if he does not identify with americans; he can exclude himself freely.

what i'm getting at is this; you aren't arguing his point that americans are living a lie; you are arguing the semantics of what it means to be american.

why argue the  semantics of some ancillary issue and ignore the meat of his argument which is that [most] americans are living a lie.
1st you misunderstand what I am argueing about (that may be my fault for not making it clear enough). I'm not argueing whether Americans are living a lie or not (although you can probably figure out where I stand on that). I'm trying to show the contradiction in his thought process.
2nd of all he dosen't say most Americans are living a lie. He says Americans are living a lie.
3rd he say he isn't living a lie.
4th he contradcts himself because he is American he's even said so himself.
I'm your average white American citizen
What I'm argueing is he contradictes himself in saying he is American, says Americans are living a lie, then thinks he isn't living a lie despite the fact that he is American.

nibs

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aco forever
« Reply #70 on: April 18, 2006, 02:46:06 PM »
What I'm argueing is he contradictes himself in saying he is American, says Americans are living a lie, then thinks he isn't living a lie despite the fact that he is American.

isn't his contradiction proof that americans are living a lie? :P

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #71 on: April 18, 2006, 02:50:52 PM »

isn't his contradiction proof that americans are living a lie? :P
LOL. Touché. It's not proof, but it is some damn good evidence.

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #72 on: April 18, 2006, 05:47:15 PM »
Basically, what I'm seeing in this thread is that people don't really care if the holiday is fake because they say "it's all about fun, family, and having a good time!"

Well, that sounds nice, but if Americans are so much about family and having a good time, then why are they among the world leaders in suicide rates, anti-depression drug use, and broken, dysfunctional families?

...the reason why is America is the best at selling you a fantasy.  Everybody thinks they are going to grow up and be rich and famous and fall in love and have all the women and go on a great adventure; basically they think life is like the movies because most Americans spend their lives watching Tom Cruise and Tom Hanks movies.  Many people chase after that fantasy and when they don't find anything on the other end they become frustrated.

Where do I start? The reason why the Holiday IS important isn't because Americans are ALL about family....It's actually the quite opposite, we don't spend enough time with family out here, our society pushes us not to. We all have too much going on, so something as simple as Easter gets people together, which is a good thing. Now is everyone sitting there talking about Jesus on the cross? NO, but it's JESUS who brings them together. Is everyone in Christmas talking about how Jesus was born? NO, they get gifts for each other and at least THINK about each other once a year and you get reminded who your true people are, and JESUS is what brought them together. Fake or not, it's a good thing. It's a GODLY thing. Now you want to go ahead and bring Muslims in, they also have holidays exactly like these. But instead of celebrating life, they mourn it. In the Middle East muthafucaz parade around BEATING THEMSELVES when holidays like these come around EVERY FUCKIN YEAR, it never ends. So it isn't because Americans are ABOUT family, it is because they are NOT! And I don't side with Americans, I side with pure logic.

And in the great words of my older uncle, when you fake it before you make it, you have a greater chance of making it, why? Because you're already studying the ways of the people who have made it without knowing it. You say America sells us all a fantasy? Yea they do, and it is the EXACT reason why we have the most successful people out of the whole world on this land. Why? Because they were all sold a fantasy when they were kids and were raised on having dreams and freedom of expressing it. This does not happen in other parts of the world. Therefore, they have very much less chance of expressing and following on their dreams. Do they have less talent than us? NO, they just don't have the opportunities that we have. And more importantly, they don't have no support, their souls have no courage to encourage them to follow on their dreams, their society doesn't make them feel as though they will be successful when they grow up. But this society does, and it is a positive thing to sell fantasies to kids when they're young, because it will make them strive for the better. Now ofcourse there's the smaller percentage of kids who turned spoiled or just fuck up, period. They get lost in fantasy. That's a whole different issue.

Also, you're exposed and brain-washed by all the Anti-Americans, I don't agree with alot of the bullshit in America either, but I do side with logic and logic says that the percentage of people who are on hard drugs such as heroin and cocaine is MUCH higher in the Middle East, a mostly Muslim region. So don't stereotype, be real about your shit. Have you ever been to the ghettos of Middle East and seen muthafucaz play with needles every other hour like its cigarrets? These are the same people who pray 5 times a day. Does that make the religion of Islam a bad thing? No, the principles are beautiful.

It is not the religion, it's the heart of the man. Remember that.

« Last Edit: April 18, 2006, 06:00:06 PM by ZILLA THE GOODFELLA »

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

authentic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #73 on: April 18, 2006, 05:53:15 PM »
^^ if that doesnt answer the ? im not sure what is.

authentic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #74 on: April 18, 2006, 05:54:00 PM »
^^ if that doesnt answer the ? im not sure what will