Author Topic: The Official Professional Wrestling Thread (WWE, TNA, etc.)  (Read 265707 times)

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
Re: The official WWE Thread
« Reply #135 on: May 04, 2006, 11:03:15 PM »
Well JBL is Cwalker. I'll leave it for someone else to get the next dude.

good job Sikotic, u get a prop  ;)

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #136 on: May 05, 2006, 10:43:28 AM »
here is an article by Aaron Rift (one of the guys at nodq.com who posts news and stuff) on the problem with Smackdown:

Smackdown: A mess of a show

WWE Smackdown is in bad shape right now. The ratings are close to their all-time lowest. What can be done to turn things around? Will WWE bother to make any changes? Let's take a look at what's wrong with Smackdown today:

Rey Mysterio as World Champion. Randy Orton put it best: Mysterio is a charity case. He got a big push because Eddie Guerrero passed away. Now, if Eddie died and Rey dedicated one win to him, it would have been acceptable. But then WWE started mentioned Eddie in every aspect of Rey's journey to the WWE Title. I used to like Rey, but now I am just disgusted when I see him with the title. It's not all his fault, although he could have said no to doing Eddie storylines, but then he might not have gotten his push. In any event, the booking leading up to Rey winning the title was pathetic and he went along for the ride. Not only were people chanting for Eddie instead of Rey, but they booked Rey to look like a loser. He lost to Orton at No Way Out and then, out of sympathy, Teddy Long puts Rey in the title match. Then Rey loses a series of matches leading into Wrestlemania. Then at Wrestlemania, it's clear that Angle deserved to win, and Rey only won by pinning Orton. Wrestling is about illusion and suspension of disbelief, and as of this moment, people see Rey Mysterio as a small charity case who doesn't deserve to be World Champion.

Now the question is, who should beat Rey and become the next champion? That takes us to the next problem - a lack of star power. Kurt Angle is injured, Randy Orton is suspended, Batista is injured, Ken Kennedy is injured, and The Undertaker is a novelty act. The top stars right now besides Rey are JBL and Mark Henry. Yes, Mark Henry's contract still hasn't expired yet, and he'll probably be pushed heavily on TV until right before the contract expires. JBL was already champion in 2004-2005, and I'm not too excited about the idea of him being champion again. They might as well keep it on Rey until one of the big names makes a return. They could also have a big star jump from RAW, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

The 3rd major problem is the booking, which is often worse than RAW's. How many storylines have they done where somebody gets "injured" and has to take time off? Let's see: Mark Henry injured Batista, Angle injured Orton, and Henry injured Angle. Is WWE even going to bother completing these storylines? As far as other booking blunders go, what's the point of a cruiserweight division when all of the guys get beat up by one heavyweight? Why are there tag-team champions when the belts weren't even defended at Wrestlemania? Why does WWE make a big deal out of Rey/Angle for the World Title which turns out to a great match, but then ruin it and piss off everyone by having a Mark Henry run-in?

I've said it many times in the past that WWE should just end the brand extension, but that doesn't seem likely. At the rate things are going, the brand extension will continue until UPN or the CW Network cancels Smackdown because of low ratings. Will WWE make changes? How about a WWE Champion that is credible. How about bringing some guys from an over-crowded RAW roster to Smackdown? How about booking some unique storylines instead of repeating the same ones over and over. WWE might finally get around to making changes, but unfortunately, it might end up being too late...

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=16613805&blogID=117507705&MyToken=ed84fbb1-16bc-4ea8-b299-807b472d9b8a

personally, i agreed with everything except with what he said about Rey; i think Rey does deserve to be the champ, he's fun to watch with his high-flying moves; that sjust my opinion though

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

Bramsterdam (see ya)

• UG HipHop Head
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #137 on: May 05, 2006, 12:32:01 PM »
I agree with him aswell and also on the Rey point.. I think someone else should be champ.. even put it on the Undertaker, let him retire with it too

Sikotic™

« Reply #138 on: May 05, 2006, 01:41:14 PM »
(Credit: PWInsider.com)

Over at the the Canadian Viewer's Choice website, in a promo for the June Vengeance PPV, it states the following: "DX, the degenerates that started the Attitude Era, will reunite at Vengeance Are You Ready? Don't miss a minute of the live action as RAW presents WWE's Vengeance, Sunday, June 25th at 8pm ET/5pm PT, live and only on Pay-Per-View. A World Wrestling Entertainment Production. Go to wwe.com for more details. See It All On Viewers Choice!"

We are unsure if this means that DX will be reformed at or by this show. There has been a lot of talk concerning the return of DX and with and Triple H's actions on recent TV. This wouldn't be the the first time that someone in WWE marketing released something before they were supposed to. In addition to that, Triple H is now said to be receptive to turning babyface.

This is such a bad idea. Let them team up, but not under the whole DX gimmick. They've both transcended that. They're both bigger than DX ever was. Plus I dont see them making many dick jokes with HBK's new found faith.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #139 on: May 05, 2006, 03:40:50 PM »
(Credit: PWInsider.com)

Over at the the Canadian Viewer's Choice website, in a promo for the June Vengeance PPV, it states the following: "DX, the degenerates that started the Attitude Era, will reunite at Vengeance Are You Ready? Don't miss a minute of the live action as RAW presents WWE's Vengeance, Sunday, June 25th at 8pm ET/5pm PT, live and only on Pay-Per-View. A World Wrestling Entertainment Production. Go to wwe.com for more details. See It All On Viewers Choice!"

We are unsure if this means that DX will be reformed at or by this show. There has been a lot of talk concerning the return of DX and with and Triple H's actions on recent TV. This wouldn't be the the first time that someone in WWE marketing released something before they were supposed to. In addition to that, Triple H is now said to be receptive to turning babyface.

This is such a bad idea. Let them team up, but not under the whole DX gimmick. They've both transcended that. They're both bigger than DX ever was. Plus I dont see them making many dick jokes with HBK's new found faith.

i don't think bringing back D-X is a good idea, i do like how they make the crotch signals during matches though, i mark out. I agree they are both bigger than D-X ever was, but it's clearly obvious that WWE is desperate and instead of creating new angles they are re-treading on old ones. All i can think of is the nWo retuning disaster when i think of D-X reuniting. Triple H and Michaels getting back together would be a good idea though, i think Michaels should turn heel and hook up with Triple H. I never understood why they broke up Evolution, i really liked that group, even if they would've let Batista and Orton leave they could've brought in new talent and pushed them but oh well,

chill
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :

Bramsterdam (see ya)

• UG HipHop Head
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #140 on: May 05, 2006, 06:23:24 PM »
As long as they re-unite them with the OG colours (green, black) it could work. But if they keep the same attire as they have now it will suck.. but D-X with only 2 members? Gotta have more than that

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #141 on: May 06, 2006, 02:25:48 PM »
WWE Sign Midget Sidekick For Fit Finlay
Posted by Andy Steven on 05/06/2006 at 08:55 AM

Several reports have confirmed that World Wrestling Entertainment has signed midget wrestler Nick Postl, better known as Shortstack. Shortstack, a veteran of NWA Wisconsin, currently works using the gimmick of "The World's Sexiest Midget", and is believed to be given a Leprechaun gimmick to work as a sidekick to Fit Finlay.

Shortstack recently appeared in WWE programming once before in a backstage skit involving Candice Michelle, Gene Snitsky and Goldust that aired on WWE Unlimited a few weeks back.

http://nodq.com/wwe/148926889.shtml

Shortstack's comments on signing a contract: http://nodq.com/wwe/148948396.shtml

can't wait to see this lol

Sikotic™

« Reply #142 on: May 06, 2006, 03:43:22 PM »
WWE Sign Midget Sidekick For Fit Finlay
Posted by Andy Steven on 05/06/2006 at 08:55 AM

Several reports have confirmed that World Wrestling Entertainment has signed midget wrestler Nick Postl, better known as Shortstack. Shortstack, a veteran of NWA Wisconsin, currently works using the gimmick of "The World's Sexiest Midget", and is believed to be given a Leprechaun gimmick to work as a sidekick to Fit Finlay.

Shortstack recently appeared in WWE programming once before in a backstage skit involving Candice Michelle, Gene Snitsky and Goldust that aired on WWE Unlimited a few weeks back.

http://nodq.com/wwe/148926889.shtml

Shortstack's comments on signing a contract: http://nodq.com/wwe/148948396.shtml

can't wait to see this lol

LMAO

McMahon loves stereotypes.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Perfection

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "When you come to a fork in the road...Take it"
« Reply #143 on: May 06, 2006, 08:03:59 PM »
Jim Niedhart's daughter has signed a development deal with the WWE

Actually that news is incorrect. When contacted about it Nattie Neidhart told Slam.ca that her signing a deal with WWE was news to her cause as far as she knows she hasn't.

Mark Henry has signed a one year non-guaranteed contact with WWE for $300,000

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #144 on: May 06, 2006, 08:07:18 PM »

Actually that news is incorrect. When contacted about it Nattie Neidhart told Slam.ca that her signing a deal with WWE was news to her cause as far as she knows she hasn't.

yea, i found that out afterwards but got lazy to post it lol
thx for both pieces of info

i wished they wudnt hav signed Henry, he's gonna end up injurin sumbody els

Perfection

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "When you come to a fork in the road...Take it"
« Reply #145 on: May 06, 2006, 08:13:21 PM »

Right now with all the injuries & with the storylines Henry is involved in, they couldn't really afford to lose him at the moment. Things should be picking up for Smackdown though, Batista should be coming back soon & the same goes for Mr. Kennedy.

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #146 on: May 06, 2006, 08:35:14 PM »

Right now with all the injuries & with the storylines Henry is involved in, they couldn't really afford to lose him at the moment. Things should be picking up for Smackdown though, Batista should be coming back soon & the same goes for Mr. Kennedy.

hopefully after they get back Batista and Kennedy, then hav the draft lattery (assuming they have one) and pick up a pretty good heal, then can slowly take Henry away; he's a HUGE (no pun intended) liability for SD in the long-run

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #147 on: May 08, 2006, 01:43:36 PM »
Update on Mark Henry's Contract

Mark Henry/WWE Contract Update, WWE Tryout
Posted by Andy Steven on 05/08/2006 at 03:12 PM

Source: Wrestling Observer

There are some rumors circulating on the internet saying that Mark Henry has signed a one year contract extension for $300,000 with WWE. Those rumors are false as his contract hasn't been extended yet.

WWE will be holding a tryout on July 16th in Houston, Texas.

http://nodq.com/wwe/149122274.shtml

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #148 on: May 08, 2006, 01:47:27 PM »
And a spoiler alert:

Mick Foley mite be turning heel tonight after the match with Edge
and expect an ECW related announcement tonite as well

Sikotic™

« Reply #149 on: May 08, 2006, 04:46:11 PM »
Update on Mark Henry's Contract

Mark Henry/WWE Contract Update, WWE Tryout
Posted by Andy Steven on 05/08/2006 at 03:12 PM

Source: Wrestling Observer

There are some rumors circulating on the internet saying that Mark Henry has signed a one year contract extension for $300,000 with WWE. Those rumors are false as his contract hasn't been extended yet.

WWE will be holding a tryout on July 16th in Houston, Texas.

http://nodq.com/wwe/149122274.shtml

Why?

THA SAUCE HOUSE