Author Topic: The Official Professional Wrestling Thread (WWE, TNA, etc.)  (Read 267196 times)

P Nelson

• 40 illa
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: The official WWE Thread
« Reply #720 on: July 23, 2006, 12:55:11 AM »

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #721 on: July 23, 2006, 01:27:47 AM »
it's time for one roster again, especially the tag divisions, and the reunion of La Resistance and the MexiCools

Sikotic™

« Reply #722 on: July 23, 2006, 01:39:47 AM »
I hate how they break up tag teams now. They're gonna break up Spirit Squad next.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
« Reply #723 on: July 23, 2006, 05:24:58 AM »
I hate how they break up tag teams now. They're gonna break up Spirit Squad next.

i hope what they do instead is break up the group, but keep like 2 of them together as a tag team

i read they think Kenny can be a big star, so he'll prolly go into singles.

the other 4 guys they shud split into two teams and start a mini-feud where they blame the other guys for breaking of the SS lol

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

Bramsterdam (see ya)

• UG HipHop Head
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #724 on: July 23, 2006, 10:06:57 AM »
thing is if you turn it back to one roster theres so many wrestlers and half of them wont be able to compete because of all the others who are scheduled to, unless like, well I dunno IMO theres just so many of them and it'd be somewhat hard to give everyone ring time..

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #725 on: July 23, 2006, 10:52:39 AM »
thing is if you turn it back to one roster theres so many wrestlers and half of them wont be able to compete because of all the others who are scheduled to, unless like, well I dunno IMO theres just so many of them and it'd be somewhat hard to give everyone ring time..

You still have two shows, so the talent can still get on TV, plus the titles don't seem so watered down. From 2001-2005, there was a need to have two shows, but with all the injuries, and ever since Eddie's death, it seems Raw is the only show and Smackdown is just there for the ride. On CW, you can move Smackdown back to Thursday (god I hope so because I am not staying in on a Friday) and you can also have some Raw superstars main event well allowing young talent to shine on national broadcasted TV. Put Saturday Night Main Event every two months, and a PPV each month like they've been doing. But right now, they don't have the talent to do two rosters, unless they give Smackdown 25% of Raw's main event roster. And this is coming for a BIG supporter of the roster split.

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #726 on: July 23, 2006, 12:06:38 PM »
snme was only a two time deal unless nbc wants to do more.

westkoastanostra

« Reply #727 on: July 23, 2006, 12:52:13 PM »
^^^^i doubt they'll wanna do more since the last one got really terrible ratings...

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #728 on: July 23, 2006, 01:18:20 PM »
Yeah but what can you expect, Saturday night , in the sumertime. The should of had it in september or october. How about late october to hype the survivor series. I realy think the wwe got too big. They need to cut back. Fuck the brand slpit , cut loose a couple of wrestler, cut loose a couple of ppv so the ones they do hav mean something.

TheDeli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #729 on: July 23, 2006, 01:32:59 PM »
With SD falling apart and having poor ratings and reviews its time again to merge the shows

With no roster trade after WM this year it seemed that a merger was on the card

Perhaps WWE is waiting till ECW's deal with Sci-Fi ends before they merge the brands then give ECW the SD tv deal?

Sikotic™

« Reply #730 on: July 23, 2006, 01:51:48 PM »
I don't even think the WWE cares about the injuries on Smackdown. In the beginning of the brand split, it seemed like they were gonna both be equally strong brands. Then in the past year or two, its more than obvious that Smackdown is suppose to be the inferior label. They always made hints about it in the past, but now it's basically fact. That's why Vince used to make appearences on both Raw and Smackdown and now he's exclusively a Raw peformer.

So Raw is for the big leagues (all of his favorites are on this brand, including himself), Smackdown are the minor leagues (younger talent and a few oldies like Taker. Seems more directed towards minorities), and ECW is even a league before that. I guess that's cool and all, but it would be much more exciting if the WWE gave each brand equality. It would make for a little more competition.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Trauma-san

« Reply #731 on: July 23, 2006, 02:11:48 PM »
Yall dont' get the full vibe of what's going on though... Vince isn't just going to join the labels back on a whim, he's got so much shit going on... he's got twice as many production crew as he needs, twice as many wrestlers as he needs, he's got 3 different networks PAYING HIM for his television shows... he's got 3 times as many advertisers as he'd have if he only had 1 show, he does 3 times as many house shows with the paying public buying tickets and giving him money than he would if he had 1 show, he sells three times the t-shirts and shit, he has three times the pay per view shows that he gets paid for...

If he collapsed it all back into 1 brand, it wouldn't just double up and stack on top of itself, he'd likely still have houseshows not to full capacity, he'd stilll not sell as many t-shirts, etc. 

They may be spread thin, but not thin enough that they'd make more money as 1 brand. 

This is *BIG* business; Vince McMahon is a Billionaire.  You, and I, have no idea what's involved with his company, he does, and his billion dollars says he knows what the fuck he's doing better than we do. 

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
« Reply #732 on: July 23, 2006, 06:09:01 PM »
i just heard what the Punjabi Prison match is like

ahrd to describe cause of the detail, but it sounds pretty sick
on wwe.com check out the Cole report and he explains what it looks like

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

Sikotic™

« Reply #733 on: July 24, 2006, 11:10:28 AM »
Chaos backstage at RAW, Stephanie McMahon goes into labor
Monday, July 24, 2006 at 2:02 PM EST

In a piece of breaking news, word has been received that Stephanie McMahon, who was backstage at the venue for tonight's RAW, has gone into labor.

Tonight's show therefore will need re-writing to some degree as Vince McMahon and Stephanie's husband Triple H are going back to Connecticut to be with her.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Trauma-san

« Reply #734 on: July 24, 2006, 01:13:34 PM »
Good for her, I hope everything goes well with that.