Author Topic: The Official Professional Wrestling Thread (WWE, TNA, etc.)  (Read 270967 times)

-CaliKid-

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ^dime^
Re: The official WWE Thread
« Reply #1080 on: August 30, 2006, 07:59:27 AM »
Here's an interesting comment by Triple H in WWE magazine when asked about backstage politics.

"I haven't read a dirt sheet in 10 years. And that's the damn truth. Yes I'm in a top position. Yes I'm married to the boss's daughter. Yes I sit in production meetings. But, at the end of the day, there is only one person with the stroke in this business. And that's Vince McMahon. If he doesn't like something , whether it's my idea or not, it's not going to happen. I want guys like John Cena around. I want to bring new guys up and help make them. People always accuse me of not wanting to drop the belt to a guy. That's complete crap. I didn't drop the belt to RVD because no one asked me to drop it to RVD. I've yet to see Hulk Hogan lose to anybody. He wrestles once every 6 months, and it doesn't matter if you're the biggest name in active competition today, he's not going to lose to you. There was suppose to be a Hogan/Michaels 2, and Hogan was supposed to lose. All of a sudden his knee starting "bugging" him."

Nice jab at Hogan once again lol

Nice lil read, I think HHH spoke the truth

"I've yet to see Hulk hogan lose to anybody".  Now, I may have a foggy memory, but Hulk Hogan lost the title belt to HHH.  So, HHH isn't speaking the truth.  He's speaking bullshit.  He not only has seen Hulk Hogan lose to anybody, he's seen Hulk Hogan lose to HIM. 

No, actually HHH was the one who lost the title belt to Hulk Hogan. It happened at Backlash 2002.

So, HHH = speaking the truth
« Last Edit: August 30, 2006, 08:01:12 AM by CaliKid »

westkoastanostra

« Reply #1081 on: August 30, 2006, 10:01:34 AM »
Here's an interesting comment by Triple H in WWE magazine when asked about backstage politics.

"I haven't read a dirt sheet in 10 years. And that's the damn truth. Yes I'm in a top position. Yes I'm married to the boss's daughter. Yes I sit in production meetings. But, at the end of the day, there is only one person with the stroke in this business. And that's Vince McMahon. If he doesn't like something , whether it's my idea or not, it's not going to happen. I want guys like John Cena around. I want to bring new guys up and help make them. People always accuse me of not wanting to drop the belt to a guy. That's complete crap. I didn't drop the belt to RVD because no one asked me to drop it to RVD. I've yet to see Hulk Hogan lose to anybody. He wrestles once every 6 months, and it doesn't matter if you're the biggest name in active competition today, he's not going to lose to you. There was suppose to be a Hogan/Michaels 2, and Hogan was supposed to lose. All of a sudden his knee starting "bugging" him."

"I've yet to see Hulk hogan lose to anybody".  Now, I may have a foggy memory, but Hulk Hogan lost the title belt to HHH.  So, HHH isn't speaking the truth.  He's speaking bullshit.  He not only has seen Hulk Hogan lose to anybody, he's seen Hulk Hogan lose to HIM. 

No, actually HHH was the one who lost the title belt to Hulk Hogan. It happened at Backlash 2002.

yup...and besides i bet u HHH was talking about more recent shit, not shit that happened 4 years ago...

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #1082 on: August 30, 2006, 10:16:13 AM »
Undertaker = Wilt Chamberlain
Shawn Michaels = Michael Jordan
Kurt Angle = LeBron James

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
« Reply #1083 on: August 30, 2006, 01:59:28 PM »
i think HHH might be referring to Hogan's current contract; I dunno when he signed it and what not, but he gets pretty much the full creative control on how he wants things.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2006, 03:37:30 PM by Mo Z. Dizzle »

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #1084 on: August 30, 2006, 02:18:31 PM »

ehhh i dont think you can compare.

Trauma-san

« Reply #1085 on: August 30, 2006, 06:21:28 PM »

Hogan dropped the belt to the Undertaker less than a Month later at the very next ppv.  Hogan's jobbed to everybody in wrestling, HHH is just running his mouth and being a prick, because he knows HOgan's the shit.  At the last PPV he went out and tried to get a bigger pop out of the crowd than Hogan, didn't fucking happen.  He's just like the rest of the wannabees that talk shit about the Hulkster, they want to be better, they want to be bigger... but try as they may, no matter how big they get, Hogan can walk in anytime he wants and all the attention turns to him because he's the greatest professional wrestler of all time. 

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #1086 on: August 31, 2006, 03:35:42 PM »

nah, angle is a better wrestler than michaels, although michaels is top five, i also think angle in the GOAT

chill
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #1087 on: August 31, 2006, 03:43:26 PM »

nah, angle is a better wrestler than michaels, although michaels is top five, i also think angle in the GOAT

chill

I enjoyed watching Michaels more than Angle...Brett Hart is also ahead of Angle...PeACe

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #1088 on: August 31, 2006, 09:42:29 PM »

chill

I enjoyed watching Michaels more than Angle...Brett Hart is also ahead of Angle...PeACe

that's you. I think Michaels is one hell of a performer, and will go down as one of the greatest of all times. The late 80's-late 90's might have been the best era in professional wrestling history. Michaels, Hart, Flair Sting, Triple H, The Rock, Austin, Taz, Angle and then you have the great hosses, like Hogan, Undertaker, Kane, Vader, Simmons, The Giant/Big Show and great high flyers like Mystero, Guerrero, Sabu, Van Dam, Jericho. It is only reasonable that our age would think the GOAT would be from our era. Hart is up there with the throwbacks like Thesz, Brisco, Race, Gagne, Carpentier, Austin and now Triple H, Angle and Benoit. Michaels is an entertainer, and his up there in a class with more modern wrestlers like Jericho, Randy Savage, Guerrero, Van Dam in the OG ECW and Ricky Steamboat, and Hogan leads the hosses, which include Undertaker, Kane, Vader, Goldberg, Lesnar, Bruno Sammartino, Billy Graham, and of course the most famous hoss outside of Hulk Hogan, Andre the Giant.

Trauma thinks Hogan's the greatest, which is arguable, because Hogan is a very entertaining strong man who lifted Andre the Giant in one of the most memorable wrestling moments ever, and brought wrestling to heights never thought of. Austin is also arguable, because he fit the mold of an old school tuff guy brawler, with scientifical skills (until his neck injury, which no one questioned his skillz even though he wrestled more conservative) who made more money for one promotion than any other wrestler in history, many insiders would say Angle, who might be the best pure wrestler ever, though in that sense Thesz, Hart, and Carpentier all have claims to that too. Where Angle wins is that his got better mic skills. And of course Michaels, who is the best high flyer in wrestling history, no questions asked, and is one of the best entertainer I've ever seen in the ring. So whoever you chose, it's all good, I go Angle as the GOAT, I've seen a lot of wrestling, but Angle is a beast like non I've ever seen before. Of course Guerrero is my favorite, and Hogan is the one I think of as my childhood hero.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #1089 on: August 31, 2006, 10:28:47 PM »

chill

that's you. I think Michaels is one hell of a performer, and will go down as one of the greatest of all times. The late 80's-late 90's might have been the best era in professional wrestling history. Michaels, Hart, Flair Sting, Triple H, The Rock, Austin, Taz, Angle and then you have the great hosses, like Hogan, Undertaker, Kane, Vader, Simmons, The Giant/Big Show and great high flyers like Mystero, Guerrero, Sabu, Van Dam, Jericho. It is only reasonable that our age would think the GOAT would be from our era. Hart is up there with the throwbacks like Thesz, Brisco, Race, Gagne, Carpentier, Austin and now Triple H, Angle and Benoit. Michaels is an entertainer, and his up there in a class with more modern wrestlers like Jericho, Randy Savage, Guerrero, Van Dam in the OG ECW and Ricky Steamboat, and Hogan leads the hosses, which include Undertaker, Kane, Vader, Goldberg, Lesnar, Bruno Sammartino, Billy Graham, and of course the most famous hoss outside of Hulk Hogan, Andre the Giant.

Trauma thinks Hogan's the greatest, which is arguable, because Hogan is a very entertaining strong man who lifted Andre the Giant in one of the most memorable wrestling moments ever, and brought wrestling to heights never thought of. Austin is also arguable, because he fit the mold of an old school tuff guy brawler, with scientifical skills (until his neck injury, which no one questioned his skillz even though he wrestled more conservative) who made more money for one promotion than any other wrestler in history, many insiders would say Angle, who might be the best pure wrestler ever, though in that sense Thesz, Hart, and Carpentier all have claims to that too. Where Angle wins is that his got better mic skills. And of course Michaels, who is the best high flyer in wrestling history, no questions asked, and is one of the best entertainer I've ever seen in the ring. So whoever you chose, it's all good, I go Angle as the GOAT, I've seen a lot of wrestling, but Angle is a beast like non I've ever seen before. Of course Guerrero is my favorite, and Hogan is the one I think of as my childhood hero.

I guess it all comes down to opinion, I just didn't really think Angle was THAT great when I used to watch wrestling...PeACe

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #1090 on: September 01, 2006, 10:27:17 PM »
Its a good thing Raw is pretty good right now becasue Ecw is not realy good and Smackdown is just fucking stupid, seriously i just saw an interview with the Miz this guy has to be the most annoying guy in the world and i dont wanna see Lashley and finlay fight everyweek fuck its been going on for the last year or something.

Paul

« Reply #1091 on: September 02, 2006, 05:46:35 AM »
^^^ im glad kennedy won the title, hes a good entertainer. Lashley's lookin good though
funkyfreshintheflesh

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
« Reply #1092 on: September 02, 2006, 06:27:46 PM »
Mike Johnson reports that the relationship between Kurt Angle and the WWE continues to sour. According to various reports, Angle has still has yet to take steps towards dealing with his issues which has greatly upset Vince McMahon.

http://nodq.com/wwe/159245167.shtml

this doesn't look good at all for either party.
Angle should deal with those problems and get his life back in order or it'll come and bite him in the ass in the future.
and WWE will lose out big if Angle doesn't come back to them; and be hurt even more if he signs with any competition

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

NiCc_FrUm_ThA_nO

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • EastSide But I Represent The Whole F
« Reply #1093 on: September 02, 2006, 09:33:19 PM »
^^^ im glad kennedy won the title, hes a good entertainer. Lashley's lookin good though
Whoa Kennedy champ already? Good news.

Sikotic™

« Reply #1094 on: September 03, 2006, 01:41:35 AM »
That story about Kurt and Vince being on bad terms must be false. This is a letter Angle posted on his official site http://www.kurtanglewwe.com. It's long, but I promise you, it's worth reading:

To all my respective fans in WWE/ECW,

The letter you are about to read is not from WWE, nor from my agent, but from me- Kurt Angle…to my all fans.

This is my personal ‘Thank You’ straight from my heart, to all my fans for being here with me and providing me with the most honorable privilege to perform and entertain for you. Thank you for tuning into your TVs weekly, for visiting me at hundreds of house show chanting ‘You Suck’ (I love that phrase), to every single good, bad or indifferent e-mail I’ve received over the past 6 years and continue to receive daily. Thank you for being there and making my life truly blessed.

When I came to WWE, many fans had doubts that an Olympic Gold Medalist in Amateur Wrestling could turn and master the art of Sports Entertainment. To my humble surprise, God graciously granted me the gift to make this exciting transition in my life. Coming into the WWE, I had one goal in mind...to be the VERY BEST! Many say I am; some may say I'm not. But I want you to know with over six solid years of non-stop wrestling action under my belt from all the shows to the world tours...I treated every single match as if it were my last!

I’ve never known a time in my life from training, competition or entertainment that I have not tried to give over 100%. I honestly do not know of any other way to wrestle or perform, and I have always wanted to give YOU, the fans, what I would expect to see.

From the entertainment standpoint, (good guy or bad guy), it’s been truly exciting, but I know in my heart that I have not reached my peak. Critics have compared me to very honorable wrestlers like Rick Flair, Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels and the Undertaker, all of whom I value and truly respect. But there is one BIG difference between us. I am by far the most aggressive and intense athlete of all on the mat. When I step into the ring, I treat it as real, it feels real and then I play it like a real shoot fight.

As an amateur wrestler for 23 years and a pro for 6, unfortunately over the past 4 years I have suffered many injuries. I broke my neck twice and had two major neck surgeries. I’ve fractured my ribs, hip, tailbone, fingers and toes while also tearing almost every major muscle at least one time or another. Injuries have always been a natural part of the business and my life, but where I have failed is not taking the time off to recover. When I’m off the mental stress, sitting back becomes worse than the physical pain. Something tells my inner soul to go back regardless of the condition. The funny thing is, this obsession is what the industry loves, but this obsession can also be my destruction.

Week after week, day after day, 250 days a year on the road can be a living hell for anyone, especially when you’re in daily pain for months on end. It was at home when I began to realize how severe the problems were- when a simple task like taking out the garbage is like a full workout and I needed Motrin in order to get up and do it.

It’s time to rest! After 6 long years, I looked into my wife’s eyes and finally saw that she, too, was severely stressed and worn out due to my livelihood that she had to endure. My 3-year old daughter Kyra basically became my nurse, thinking she had to put ice packs or heating pads on my neck, back and legs because she could see the pain her daddy was in.

At this point, something happened that made me realize that wrestling wasn't the most important thing in my life. I sat down with my wife Karen, who had tears in her eyes. I could see in her face how concerned she was for me. She said,

“I love you. I didn't marry you because you were a WWE Superstar. I married you before you ever joined them. Kurt, I’m so worried that if you continue going at this pace, something bad is really going to happen and I don't want Kyra and Kody (our unborn son) to grow up without their father.”

I did take this all to heart, but then, as usual, a couple of days later, I went back on the road, wanting to electrify my new ECW fans.

My last event was at the Westchester Arena in White Plains, New York. The show was sold out. The main event was me against RVD. I had a great match against RVD as the fans were cheering for both of us. The more we wrestled (Rob and I wrestle more of a realistic shoot style), the more I wanted to give them. Ten minutes into the match, I severely pulled my groin. Most wrestlers would have quit right on the spot. But the fans were chanting louder and louder "THIS MATCH RULES!" continuously, so I kept going. Compensating for my groin injury, I pulled my lower abdominal muscle off my pelvic bone. Now, I was in trouble, but I looked up at the fans and they were screaming louder than ever.

So Rob and I started into our finish, false finish after false finish, back and forth. But the one thing the fans noticed is that I was doing half of the match on one leg. That made it feel even more real for the fans. I can only thank God and the fans for keeping me going, as I was in so much pain. And at the end of the match, I had the opportunity to beat RVD. I set him up for the Angle Slam and Rob countered with a flying DDT. My hamstring blew out. The fans cheered and I could not move in the ring. As the agonizing pain grew greater, I could only look around. Every fan was on their feet giving me a standing ovation. And this was at a house show, not a PPV. My only regret was that I could not stand up and thank them all for it.

To the ones who love me, the ones who hated me and even the ones who loved to hate me- You were and are my inspiration. God was and is my strength and so is my family—my Mom, sister and brothers, my father (God rest his soul), my Manager Dave Hawk and most especially, my wife Karen, who went through hell during my career. She has never given up on me.

Fans, thank you all for the memories. It was quite a ride. I would not trade any of it for the world. As I sit here a bit teary eyed, I do want all of you to know, I will be fine. I will finally get to spend some real quality time with my family… time that is much, much overdue. My plan and goal is to become stronger mentally, physically and spiritually. I, Kurt Angle, will be back! That’s a promise. And that’s DAMN TRUE!

Vince, if you happen to read this, I want to again say thank you from the bottom of my heart. You are a great man! When we get together, the next cup of coffee is on me. ; )

God Bless,
Kurt Angle
He doesn't seem upset now. Maybe at the time, but he's had a week to reflect.

You can't help, but respect Kurt, especially after reading this. I wish him the best in his life.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE