Author Topic: The Official Professional Wrestling Thread (WWE, TNA, etc.)  (Read 267211 times)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
Re: Sticky: The Official Professional Wrestling Thread (WWE, TNA, etc.)
« Reply #7005 on: April 17, 2013, 01:00:14 PM »
Cena's kids were mainly from 08, right now most his fans are about 11-14. The timing is there.

DJ SUGAFREE QUIK

« Reply #7006 on: April 17, 2013, 03:57:58 PM »
If only the nWo never added Bischoff. I think that was when the nWo went too far. I remember seeing Bischoff joining the nWo and changing the channel. Bischoff believed too much in it to completely bury it with Hogan, Savage and Brutus. The nWo was fresh, and it Hart joined instead of Hogan, it still would have been big.  Oh well. Let's live in the now.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/HGgvBfbohQ0?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/HGgvBfbohQ0?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0</a>
Nah, with wrestling & most music nowadays, the now blows.  And plus a lot of the wrestlers I liked to watch are either retired or dead. 

Hogan would of burried the NWO if he wasnt apart of it... thank god he was smart enough to know it made business sense

Exactly. There is no way the nWo even makes it to Starcade 97 if Hogan was going against them. It would have ended with Hogan beating Bret at Starcade 96.

And that actually might have been a good thing for WCW long term. The nWo with Bret would have spread like wildfire, just like it did with Hogan (a bit less because of Hogans stature as the ultimate baby face), and then having old man Hogan, Savage, and probably Ed Leslie, beat the nWo would distinguish that fire and leave such a bad taste in everyone's mouth the company would have been forced to change direction earlier. DDP would have had to have been pushed faster, Goldberg's streak would have been starting, Benoit wouldn't have been as held back, because Nash would have been buried. Hall and Nash probably would have been back in the WWF by 98 when Waltman came back and joined the D-X storyline.

Had WCW not turned into the Russo smut fest, and that may still have happened, it most likely still would have existed today. Although it may have been nothing more than a slightly better TNA.
Maybe but when Bret talked about hogan, he kinda left hint that Hogan refused to go against bret for unknown reasons.  WCW & WWF.  Early 90's I wanted to see that matchup.  And remember 20 years ago when yokozuna beat bret for the title at the main event, hogan appeared afterwards & challenged yokozuna & beat him.  I always wondered, if bret had won would hogan challenge him afterwards?

DJ SUGAFREE QUIK

« Reply #7007 on: April 17, 2013, 04:06:25 PM »
wrestling is 4 red necks
Well wrestling was at its best in the mid 90's, starting in 96.  ECW got a fanbase & their programming was on at 2 or 3 AM early sat. morning on prime ticket.  Wrestling was so popular from 96-2000 that it made the nfl move its monday night games to 5:15 or 5:30 cause wrestling was taking some of their ratings.  Well WCW & WWF were.  Until 99 when WCW killed their company with the hogan/nash finger match  >:(  At least WCW had repeats, WWF didn't.  So if people wanted to find out what went on, they had to watch it then.  East coasters had it worse, west coasters didn't cause we had the repeats. 

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #7008 on: April 17, 2013, 07:16:05 PM »
Cena's kids were mainly from 08, right now most his fans are about 11-14. The timing is there.

All I know is all my friends that have kids between 6 and 10 all love Cena. That's why I assumed.

un0mic

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Aaaaaaannnd weeeeeee'reeeeee baaaaaaaaack!!!
« Reply #7009 on: April 22, 2013, 07:17:24 PM »
Word Life
Wowzers!
L.A.M.B. Bitch!
-M.O.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7010 on: April 22, 2013, 09:56:02 PM »
This is basic Thugamonics.

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #7011 on: May 04, 2013, 06:46:39 PM »
For everyone that wants a cena heel turn. How would you change his character and how would u turn him heel?

The Best of 3 Worlds

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7012 on: May 04, 2013, 08:35:51 PM »
For everyone that wants a cena heel turn. How would you change his character and how would u turn him heel?

Tell the fans they turned heel on him, join the Shield and borrow from the Justice Lords as they want to make a perfect world with no bad guys.

O.G A.Geesta'z

« Reply #7013 on: May 06, 2013, 01:06:06 AM »
Have Cena and Ryder both turn heel and join the Shield have Cena wwe champ who.turned his back on the fans, give Ryder the US champ, have Seth Rollins and Ambrose as tag team champs and give Romans a big push... you got yourself the future of WWE and a good.stable that dominates and is.over

The West is Back

DJ SUGAFREE QUIK

« Reply #7014 on: May 06, 2013, 01:23:16 AM »
It's simple to turn cena heel but vince is too fucking stubborn  >:(  It's been talked about for 6-7 years that cena should turn heel but never happened.  Go back to the heel rapper look which a lot of people preferred.  Wear a hated rival's jersey at the city's arena & do a rap badmouthing players who fans love.  He did wear a yankees jersey in massachusetts around a decade ago.  He's been getting booed by the fans for about 6-7 years.  In the past when there's a face who people don't like, wrestling organizations do their best to turn them heel.  Women & kids like cena which is the other reason vince won't turn cena heel.  And also fans won't be doing the triple 6 hand signal vince has cena doing anymore.  If parents were man & woman enough to not take their kids to wrestling events anymore till cena turns heel, then maybe things will change. 

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7015 on: May 06, 2013, 09:16:47 AM »

All I know is all my friends that have kids between 6 and 10 all love Cena. That's why I assumed.

Yeah, and that's from him always being on TV. When Hogan turned in 1996, he was basically off air from 1992-1995 and in 1995 the kids then were southern kids who's dads rooted for Ric Flair. There is no perfect time to turn Cena heel except for this summer. His core base from the 2000's have joined in the booing of him and his Make a Wish videos are getting boos from the crowds. It's time. If done right, it can change the business and people will buy it.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #7016 on: May 10, 2013, 08:13:50 PM »

Yeah, and that's from him always being on TV. When Hogan turned in 1996, he was basically off air from 1992-1995 and in 1995 the kids then were southern kids who's dads rooted for Ric Flair. There is no perfect time to turn Cena heel except for this summer. His core base from the 2000's have joined in the booing of him and his Make a Wish videos are getting boos from the crowds. It's time. If done right, it can change the business and people will buy it.

I'll take your word for it on the timing being now, but I can't imagine it having a quarter of the impact on the business. Cena is probably closer to early 80s Bob Backlnd in popularity than he ever was to mid 80s Hogan. What I mean is that Cena came to be the biggest thing in wrestling, but never grew to be a mainstream phenom. It was more kids that would have watched wrestling anyway as opposed to kids that only started watching to see Hulk Hogan.

That's half of it, the other half is that there were two major promotions of the time and two of the other big promotions biggest stars were invading the other, and the big heel turn of Hogan was combined with that invasion to as you said "change the business".

There is also no "Sting" equiolent to go against Cena when he does turn. I'm not saying you said it could be as big as those days, and no one is expecting it to be. But I really don't think the time is now where the WWE is ready to make significantly more money with Cena heel that they would make keeing him face.

But I'll gladly admit I'm wrong if they do it and it makes wrestling huge again.

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7017 on: June 05, 2013, 11:04:17 AM »
Quinton "Rampage" Jackson is in TNA. Fuck yeah!! Need to start watching Imapct again. Can't remember the last time I watched it :laugh:

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
« Reply #7018 on: June 28, 2013, 09:57:23 PM »
The original Doink the Clown (Matt Osbourne) passed away today.

RIP.

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

Sccit

« Reply #7019 on: June 28, 2013, 10:53:10 PM »
damn, on my birthday...RIP Doink. i still remember playin with him in WWF Superstars :laugh: