Author Topic: HERE is the final tracklisting for Mobb Deep - Blood Money EDIT: NOT  (Read 3584 times)

Eihtball

All Music Guide has it.  If they have it, you know it's official:

http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&token=ADFEAEE57916D24EAB7F20C986374BC4B560D20AD14FF89750254E40C0BC125F993850D96BE9DDD2B0FC6AB679AFF962AC500FD5C0EF53ECBC1B&sql=10:4d47gjyr66iw

Note that "Have A Party" and the "Outta Control" remix are both included as bonus tracks.

EDIT: Never mind, this is clearly NOT the final tracklisting.  Guess I shouldn't have had faith in AMG.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2006, 04:20:07 PM by RBXtra (Rough Is The Texture) »

mauzip

Re: HERE is the final tracklisting for Mobb Deep - Blood Money
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2006, 05:17:37 PM »
so that's only 2 new tracks with 50, eh?

Jip

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2006, 05:19:20 PM »
no nightmares

SERIOUSLY FUCK OFF INTERSCOPE

Eihtball

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2006, 05:23:19 PM »
no nightmares

It might have been re-titled as something else.

Dubz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2006, 05:26:16 PM »
if theres no nightmares then no way im checkin this out. not that i really think i would have anyway...

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2006, 05:27:55 PM »
no nightmares

Not so sure.  You only see Young's name listed on Outta Control Rmx.  G-Unit is on at least half of the tracks.

Eihtball

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2006, 05:30:38 PM »
no nightmares

Not so sure.  You only see Young's name listed on Outta Control Rmx.  G-Unit is on at least half of the tracks.

Hmmm, good point.

Why would they do that, then?  Seems kinda unlikely a Dre track would fail to make the cut.  But the thing is, several of the early reviews (including the XXL review) mentioned the song, so I don't see why it would be.

Maybe AMG made a mistake and I was wrong for posting this?

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2006, 06:17:51 PM »
no nightmares

Not so sure.  You only see Young's name listed on Outta Control Rmx.  G-Unit is on at least half of the tracks.

Hmmm, good point.

Why would they do that, then?  Seems kinda unlikely a Dre track would fail to make the cut. But the thing is, several of the early reviews (including the XXL review) mentioned the song, so I don't see why it would be.

Maybe AMG made a mistake and I was wrong for posting this?

Could be a mistake.  I was reading Scratch yesterday and I believe Hav said that they were given 2 Dre beats - 1 was Nightmare, the other was Outta Control Remix. This raises the question of why would a beat given to Mobb Deep end up on 50's album?

This lead me to this thought (which could be completely baseless).  I wonder if Dre had sold / given 2 beats to MD for use at their discretion, and 50 knew about it.  Probably called MD up and said "Hey, give me that beat, i'll feature you on the song - in return sign You to a deal."  50 def didn't have that "In Da Club" Dre cut on the Massacre, and he knew he needed one.  Not that this has any real significance one way or the other, but why else would a beat given to Mobb end up on 50's album?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2006, 06:23:29 PM by Jrome The Damaja »

Eihtball

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2006, 06:24:44 PM »
This lead me to this thought (which could be completely baseless).  I wonder if Dre had sold / given 2 beats to MD for use at their discretion, and 50 knew about it.  Probably called MD up and said "Hey, give me that beat, i'll feature you on the song - in return sign You to a deal."  50 def didn't have that "In Da Club" Dre cut on the Massacre, and he knew he needed one.  Not that this has any real significance one way or the other, but why else would a beat given to Mobb end up on 50's album?

Nope.  50 and Mobb Deep both said that they made the remix to "Outta Control" before Mobb Deep had even signed to G-Unit.  So I think it was more along the lines of 50 wanted to sign Mobb Deep, and he offered them the huge advance, the Porsches, and a chance to appear on a beat that he knew was hot enough to be his next big single, and that was their incentive for inking the deal.  Why would Dre give them a beat, anyway, when they were still free agents with no deal and no album in sight?  Besides, the original "Outta Control" on "The Massacre" was very much an "In Da Club"-style track, so your theory makes little sense.  I think it's pretty clear that beat was for 50 originally, not Mobb Deep.

Please stop trying so hard to find conspiracy theories to explain how 50 is just trying to use and abuse the Mobb and how this deal ain't nothing but trouble for them.  You've been doing it too much.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2006, 06:26:36 PM by RBXtra (Rough Is The Texture) »

Eihtball

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2006, 06:29:21 PM »
BTW, I just noticed an error: AMG's site says "Outta Control" is only 4:07 in length...my copy is 4:17, and so is the version on "The Massacre" Special Edition.  Seems possible that tracklisting really might have mistakes.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2006, 06:31:28 PM »
This lead me to this thought (which could be completely baseless).  I wonder if Dre had sold / given 2 beats to MD for use at their discretion, and 50 knew about it.  Probably called MD up and said "Hey, give me that beat, i'll feature you on the song - in return sign You to a deal."  50 def didn't have that "In Da Club" Dre cut on the Massacre, and he knew he needed one.  Not that this has any real significance one way or the other, but why else would a beat given to Mobb end up on 50's album?

Nope.  50 and Mobb Deep both said that they made the remix to "Outta Control" before Mobb Deep had even signed to G-Unit.  So I think it was more along the lines of 50 wanted to sign Mobb Deep, and he offered them the huge advance, the Porsches, and a chance to appear on a beat that he knew was hot enough to be his next big single, and that was their incentive for inking the deal. Why would Dre give them a beat, anyway, when they were still free agents with no deal and no album in sight?  Besides, the original "Outta Control" on "The Massacre" was very much an "In Da Club"-style track, so your theory makes little sense.  I think it's pretty clear that beat was for 50 originally, not Mobb Deep.

Please stop trying so hard to find conspiracy theories to explain how 50 is just trying to use and abuse the Mobb and how this deal ain't nothing but trouble for them.  You've been doing it too much.

Dog, I was just writing what I read in the Mag.  Hav said that Dre gave MOBB DEEP 2 beats 1 was Nightmares, and the other was Outta Control Remix.  He didn't say "Dre gave 50 this beat, and he invited us to get down".  Maybe Hav was lyin, I don't know.

Eihtball

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2006, 06:49:28 PM »
Dog, I was just writing what I read in the Mag.  Hav said that Dre gave MOBB DEEP 2 beats 1 was Nightmares, and the other was Outta Control Remix.  He didn't say "Dre gave 50 this beat, and he invited us to get down".  Maybe Hav was lyin, I don't know.

But either way, it still would've had to come through 50.  Mobb Deep had zero connections with Dre before they met 50, so it's clear that they would've gotten the hookup through their G-Unit affiliation.  In other words, your whole theory that 50 only offered them a record deal in exchange for the "Outta Control" beat makes no sense.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2006, 07:34:52 PM »
Dog, I was just writing what I read in the Mag.  Hav said that Dre gave MOBB DEEP 2 beats 1 was Nightmares, and the other was Outta Control Remix.  He didn't say "Dre gave 50 this beat, and he invited us to get down".  Maybe Hav was lyin, I don't know.

But either way, it still would've had to come through 50. Mobb Deep had zero connections with Dre before they met 50, so it's clear that they would've gotten the hookup through their G-Unit affiliation. In other words, your whole theory that 50 only offered them a record deal in exchange for the "Outta Control" beat makes no sense.

What does it matter if they knew Dre through 50 or not?  Completely irrelevant.  Bottom line is that OC remix wasn't on the original retail version of "The Massacre".  Hav stated that Dre gave MOBB DEEP 2 beats in the latest issue of Scratch.  If thats the case, how did it end up on 50's album? I don't believe that Dre intended that beat to go to 50.  If that was 50's beat all along it would have been on the OG retail Massacre album.  If it's on "The Massacre" original retail, believe it would have been the lead single.  And if it would have been, I bet The Massacre would have pushed another million units.  People like me would have bought the album with that type of lead single.  Instead they came with Candy Shop and I was quickly disinterested.

Eihtball

« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2006, 07:48:49 PM »
\What does it matter if they knew Dre through 50 or not?  Completely irrelevant.  Bottom line is that OC remix wasn't on the original retail version of "The Massacre".  Hav stated that Dre gave MOBB DEEP 2 beats in the latest issue of Scratch.  If thats the case, how did it end up on 50's album? I don't believe that Dre intended that beat to go to 50.  If that was 50's beat all along it would have been on the OG retail Massacre album.  If it's on "The Massacre" original retail, believe it would have been the lead single.  And if it would have been, I bet The Massacre would have pushed another million units.  People like me would have bought the album with that type of lead single.  Instead they came with Candy Shop and I was quickly disinterested.

LOL, but see, this is what I'm talkin bout...the whole "If Jrome doesn't like it, that means nobody else will" rhetoric that's typical in your posts.  The fact is, the "Outta Control" remix didn't do nearly as well on the charts as "Candy Shop", so obviously, a lotta people disagree with you.  Anyway, I don't know if 50 asked them to let him put the song on his album or not, but all I know is, this whole idea that 50 baited them to sign a deal, ONLY because he wanted that particular Dre beat on his album (which Jrome the Great Prophet says is so hot that it would've let 50 sell a million more records) makes no fucking sense whatsoever, which is unfortunately typical of a lotta your theories regarding G-Unit.

Another flaw in your theory, I should point out, is that the decision to re-release "The Massacre" was probably planned after that song was made (once it became clear Yayo's album would flop and that 50 needed to take matters into his own hands).  So I think they simply replaced the original "Outta Control" with the remix because they'd already shot a video for it and it wouldn't have made sense to shoot two videos for a song with the same name (cause remember, the whole selling point of the new version was that it would have a video for every song).  Financially, it makes far more sense that they would use the song for 50's album than for a Mobb Deep album.  Besides, we also know that Mobb Deep's album was barely in the planning stage then.

Dubz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2006, 08:07:13 PM »
^dog, did you read any of jrome's responses to you? he said HAVOC TOLD SCRATCH THAT DRE GAVE HIM THE BEAT ORIGINALLY. its not jrome on conspiracy shit, its what hav said to a magazine. who knows if its true, but you don't.