Author Topic: HERE is the final tracklisting for Mobb Deep - Blood Money EDIT: NOT  (Read 3582 times)

jeromechickenbone

Re: HERE is the final tracklisting for Mobb Deep - Blood Money
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2006, 08:30:22 PM »
LOL, but see, this is what I'm talkin bout...the whole "If Jrome doesn't like it, that means nobody else will" rhetoric that's typical in your posts. The fact is, the "Outta Control" remix didn't do nearly as well on the charts as "Candy Shop", so obviously, a lotta people disagree with you.

Any credible music fan with half an ear for music will tell you that OC remix was the best single released from the album.  The fact that it didn't chart well was more due to the fact it was the last single released, and further was on a re-issue.  I'm sure there were tons of teeny boppers  that bought that album again, but I'd bet lots of people didn't want to drop $16 bucks for one dope song and a bunch of cheesy videos. 

I know lots of people that disliked "Candy Shop".  I honestly can't recall EVER hearing someone say that they disliked OC remix.  I'm saying if thats the 1st single, I would have almost certainly bought the album thinking - Damn, if the rest of the album is like this, it will be dope.  What actually happened was "What the  fuck is this Candy Shop shit?  If the rest of the album is like this, it will be fuckin wack. "  Hence me not purchasing the CD.  I bet lots of people would attest to feeling like that.

Jrome the Great Prophet

I really like that name by the way...

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2006, 09:24:34 PM »
maybe 50 decided to keep "Nightmares" for his album
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

wcsoldier

« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2006, 12:45:48 AM »
I'm not surprised, Mobb get a Dre beat the same way Banks, Buck and Yayo had on their albums....

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2006, 01:51:00 AM »
I'm not surprised, Mobb get a Dre beat the same way Banks, Buck and Yayo had on their albums....

Okka

« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2006, 02:11:06 AM »

Denial! Is Actively Joinin The Revolution

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2006, 04:19:03 AM »
wow its funny how the success of a MOBB DEEP G UNIT album realys on whether there is a dre beat on there or not
Hittman is not a real person. He was a computer program generated by Dr. Dre and Mel Man back in the mid 90's. When Dre started treating Mel-Man like shit, Mel infiltrated the computer and put a virus in the hittman program

ABN

« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2006, 04:42:37 AM »
i´m not really interested in this album anymore and i wouldn´t have been more exited if it had 1 Dre beat on it. The Massacre had 2 Dre beats and was one of the most sub-par albums released in 05.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2006, 06:54:23 AM by Pissin' On The Throne »

Eihtball

« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2006, 06:49:36 AM »
^dog, did you read any of jrome's responses to you? he said HAVOC TOLD SCRATCH THAT DRE GAVE HIM THE BEAT ORIGINALLY. its not jrome on conspiracy shit, its what hav said to a magazine. who knows if its true, but you don't.

Yeah, I read that, but that's not what I'm addressing.  I'm addressing his explanation for why 50 ended up with the beat, which IS basically some conspiracy bullshit.  So fuck off.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2006, 07:01:31 AM by RBXtra (Rough Is The Texture) »

Eihtball

« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2006, 06:59:26 AM »
Any credible music fan with half an ear for music will tell you that OC remix was the best single released from the album.  The fact that it didn't chart well was more due to the fact it was the last single released, and further was on a re-issue.  I'm sure there were tons of teeny boppers  that bought that album again, but I'd bet lots of people didn't want to drop $16 bucks for one dope song and a bunch of cheesy videos. 

I know lots of people that disliked "Candy Shop".  I honestly can't recall EVER hearing someone say that they disliked OC remix.  I'm saying if thats the 1st single, I would have almost certainly bought the album thinking - Damn, if the rest of the album is like this, it will be dope.  What actually happened was "What the  fuck is this Candy Shop shit?  If the rest of the album is like this, it will be fuckin wack. "  Hence me not purchasing the CD.  I bet lots of people would attest to feeling like that.

I also liked the "Outta Control" remix best of all the singles that came off "The Massacre", too (I never really felt "Disco Inferno" and "Candy Shop", and I can't stand "Just A Lil Bit" at all).  But that's just my opinion...the fact is, "Candy Shop" sold 2x Platinum in single sales/digital downloads, so obviously, that means 2 million people disagree with me and you.  The "Outta Control" remix never got certified Gold...your theory that it's just because a lotta people didn't want to buy the album again holds no water, because the song was available as a download separate from the album, so they could've done that.  And it didn't chart as well as "Candy Shop", either (it got to #6 for like 1 week, while "Candy Shop" was at #1 for a couple weeks).

And I know lots of people that don't like "Candy Shop" either, but most people clearly do - even now, I hear students blaring it from their dorms on campus all the time, whereas I rarely hear "Outta Control".  So if your only reason for saying "Outta Control" woulda been more successful is personal experience, than I can do the same.  Sales don't lie, aiight?  So, the conclusion is, more people liked "Candy Shop" than "Outta Control", whether you did or not.

Elevz

« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2006, 08:22:04 AM »
Who in the hell cares about a beat and who produced it? I might give this album a listen, but not to hear if the beats are any good. Just give me some dope verses.

Ðøšïå

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2006, 08:23:24 AM »
LOL, but see, this is what I'm talkin bout...the whole "If Jrome doesn't like it, that means nobody else will" rhetoric that's typical in your posts. The fact is, the "Outta Control" remix didn't do nearly as well on the charts as "Candy Shop", so obviously, a lotta people disagree with you.

Jrome the Great Prophet

I really like that name by the way...

the OC remix was wack. i never liked it and still dont. so now you heard it from someone.

youngmessnucca

« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2006, 09:46:51 AM »
looks boring...no 40 glocc?

Larrabee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2006, 10:23:24 AM »
I remember watching the Making Of The Video for the "Outta Control" Remix. 50 said that originally he had recorded vocals on that beat ( OC Remix ) and that he held it off the album for some reason. Then after The Massacre dropped, he was hearing the beat and he was like "Aw man, I was bugging. This beat is crazy..." So he got a hold of Mobb Deep and sent them the track with his verse\hook already done and they did their verses, sent it back, then Dre mixed it. So that clears up who had the beat first, despite what Mobb Deep said in the Scratch Magazine. Maybe they meant that aside from the OC Remix, Dre or 50 sent them what turned out to be "Nightmares". If that track is not on the album, it will be a huge disappointment. All this shit about Dre's experimental production on it and all that hype, it will really come off as sour if they leave it off "Blood Money".

Mobb Deep was just on MTV's Direct Effect last week talking about their album, and the host asked them about Dre's involvement and they hyped it up like "Yeah, Dre hit us with a beat, it's crazy". Olivia said she's got a Dre track on her album too. Lord knows how old that song is by now  :D
« Last Edit: April 17, 2006, 10:26:06 AM by Larrabee »

Jome

« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2006, 01:47:05 PM »
Seems odd to me that old tracks like Have A Party and Outta Control Remix will be on the album..

But what's even weirder is that they list "It's Alright", which everybody thinks is a mixtape-track, and they don't even credit Alchemist, real name A.Maman, who originally made the beat.. ???

Blige, M./W.G. Harris/Henderson, W./Jackson, C./Johnson, A./Matta, G./Muchita, K.

I know Allmusic has been putting up early tracklists before, so it might be the case again.

Elevz

« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2006, 02:46:52 PM »
they don't even credit Alchemist, real name A.Maman, who originally made the beat..

Seems a little obsessive right there, but I guess you're right. Tracklist doesn't seem 100% legit to me. Spelling mistakes and tracks missing like it's a Nas album with the best tracks becoming leftovers...