Author Topic: 'Behind the Music' of Busta Rhymes  (Read 143 times)

Nosak

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Half Dogg,Half Monkey..Bitch! Donkey Kong
'Behind the Music' of Busta Rhymes
« on: February 18, 2002, 04:16:45 PM »
Code: [Select]
Busta Rhymes was the subject of the latest installment of VH-1's "Behind the Music," which premiered on the network Sunday night. "There's never been nobody like him before, and there will be nobody like him after him," P. Diddy said during the show's opening sequence. Through interviews with his influences, former partners, his parents and the man of the hour himself, the show set out to prove just that, following the ups and downs of Busta's life, from his early days with Leaders of the New School and his emergence as a solo artist, actor and entrepreneur, to dropping out of high school, losing his first son (born prematurely) and battling overblown media coverage of gun charges and paternity suits. Most of Busta's life story and musical history is well-known to hip-hop fans, but this brief documentary introduced it to an entirely new audience. Busta discussed his christening by Public Enemy's Chuck D, the tensions between he and fellow L.O.N.S. member Charlie Brown that eventually led to the group's breakup, and the calming influence of Q-Tip and P. Diddy, all of whom are interviewed for the show as well as Dr. Dre, Missy Elliott, Rah Digga and Dinco D. Despite all the struggles that Busta has faced, he said it was all worth it and necessary in order to get him to where he is today. "I feel like I'm in a place where the blessing is starting to truly come into fruition and manifest itself and it's gonna blossom," Busta said. "Because I'm gonna make sure now that I identify with it, that I nourish it the way that I should have a long time ago. The next level of my growth has officially been initiated." "Busta Rhymes: Behind the Music" will air again on Tuesday at 4 p.m. ET, Wednesday at 8 p.m. and 11:30 p.m. ET and Thursday at 2 a.m. ET.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »
snoop dogg - "i don't fuck with the pocus everybody
knows this , i fuck with the chronic cause the chronic
gives me dopeness"                                   

- Look here bitch you're fine and i dig your style...-

PLANT

Re: 'Behind the Music' of Busta Rhymes
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2002, 04:19:16 PM »
thanks fo the info homie ;D

Nosak

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Half Dogg,Half Monkey..Bitch! Donkey Kong
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2002, 04:21:39 PM »
;)
snoop dogg - "i don't fuck with the pocus everybody
knows this , i fuck with the chronic cause the chronic
gives me dopeness"                                   

- Look here bitch you're fine and i dig your style...-

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2002, 07:03:31 PM »
Ya, I saw it, but still man, theres more important artists other than busta 2 be featured on dat show.........For Example: Pac

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2002, 07:13:39 PM »
Ya, I saw it, but still man, theres more important artists other than busta 2 be featured on dat show.........For Example: Pac

HBKid_Jr

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2002, 07:13:54 PM »

i heard they jus need clearence for some clips,  but that was a while ago.  Afeni proberly aint gettin enough money from it so she proberly told vh1 to fuck off