Author Topic: New Study Says Listeners Of Rap Music More Prone To Substance Abuse  (Read 840 times)

Okka

Re: New Study Says Listeners Of Rap Music More Prone To Substance Abuse
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2006, 05:25:07 PM »
Gangsta rap is what it is. It's not constructive or destructive. Gangsta rap initially was started to tell how shit was going down in the west. It wasn't started to command people to go do drugs, go join a gang, go kill someone. They was just telling stories of that lifestyle.
It even reached a point that Snoop had to tell kids to stop doing it on record (the re-twist of "The Streets") because it became so common. 

Yeah and by the way that was a diss to Xzibit too...

Trauma-san

« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2006, 06:21:33 AM »
I don't know about anybody else but I know I get pissed off when studies and people and shit bash the hip hop community. I don't see no other genre get critizied more than Hip Hop and I don't like it.

Maybe you don't like the truth, then.  The truth is not always appealing.  Think of it this way.  Out of all the genre's of music, one, whether it's rock or country or rap or blues or whatever... has the most negative connotations with it.  Maybe it just happens to be rap and that's why people criticise it so much.  Maybe it's more worth of criticism.

If you weigh 400 pounds, and everybody in your family only weighs 180, and you're the one everybody calls fat... that's not unfair, that's the truth. 

Trauma-san

« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2006, 06:22:17 AM »
this is a community college poll. You ask most students there, I bet more black kids are also higher with substance abuse, and I bet more kids who come from low income are more than likely to use illegal substance, and I bet that most people that like R&B will more than likely have pre-marital sex. This ain't nothing new. It's a society thing more than it's music. People were on drugs for a long time, many cowboys did Opium, Coca Cola, or Coke, has coca plant which is also used to make cocaine, and rap artist now talk about weed. In about 20 years, someone else will be talking about another drug, they will more than likely be from the poorest class, which is represented by the poorest race. Don't be surprised

That's all cute, but it's common knowledge that much more whites listen to rap than blacks do. 

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2006, 06:11:32 AM »
This isn't surprising to anyone, is it? Hip-hop beats tend to be very repetitive and melodic and therefore would be more appealing when under the influence.
when high, rock> reggae> rap ... well for me...

Don Seer

« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2006, 06:13:48 AM »

fuck whoever wrote this report.. i'mma buck em..  :D

Wessia4LiaNia Chieee Chieee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'M Mo' Than a God I'M a Warrior
« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2006, 06:51:21 AM »
One day after listening mad crazy again and again for "Just tah let u know" when i went out i tried to get in the feeling "It's the E ! that's what they scream when they see me" My name starts with "I"=EE and I was gangsta ! LOL
I think it's kinda right...
Lyrical Swords 4 Lia

Eihtball

« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2006, 06:57:14 AM »
Do you know Snoop? I don't think so, so you can't ask a question like that and what do you mean in "real life", Snoop smokes everyday allday (that's what i've heard alot times)...

I don't know what the fuck you're asking, but it sounds you changed tones twice in this.