Author Topic: Some thoughts....  (Read 116 times)

DreDay

• Lil Geezy
  • Free Project Pat!!!!!
Some thoughts....
« on: February 18, 2002, 01:20:20 PM »
What's up everyone,

I just wanted to get some shit off my chest about what is goin on currently in this rap game.  You all know I have been a West Coast supporter for a long fuckin time now, but I am finding myself liking it less and less every day.  Don't get me wrong, I still like Dre, Snoop, and all the usuals but I feel that the production from the West Coast producers has been getting stale over the past few years.  The last West Coast release that actually had me satisfied was 2001 from Dre.  There has been good songs evey now and then, but nothing like the music that was being released in the eraly 90's with Dre and the DeathRow camp.  I think the problem lies mainly with the production.  Everything is starting to sound the same.  Every beat Battlecat does sounds the same and doesn't really interest me at all.  Dre's beats are still hot but I don't think all the creativity is there anymore.  The beats are so simple with basic guitar licks and many songs are starting to sound very similiar.  "The Knoc" has that same breakdown as "What's the Difference" with the synths.  Nate Dogg's "Your Wife" is a tight song but the beat gets boring after awhile.  Is anyone else also growing tired of Dre's constant rapping about fucking ho's and such when you know he is loyal to his wife.  Don't get me wrong, I am the biggest Dre fan out there, but I just miss the old style he brought with the g-funk.  Sampling, synths, better lyrics all that stuff.  He still can out produce anyone on the west coast and that brings me to my next point.  Project Pat from the Three 6 Mafia just dropped a promo of his upcoming album and the beats are straight fire.  Juicy J and DJ Paul are the super-producers of every 3-6 mafia release and they lace Pat with some of the tightest beats I have ever heard.  All of 3-6 releases come with hot beats and that is why I think Paul and Juice are starting to move ahead of Dre in the production department.  If you haven't listened to much of the Triple Sic shit, I suggest you start with this Pat album.  Go to http://www.tennsfinest.com/index2.html
and listen to the Project Pat promo.  Especially the songs.... "Ridin Clean" "U know where I'm at"  "Smoke and Get High" and "Fight"  I personally think "Fight" is the song "Fight Music" done right.  The lyrics are also on point with the 3-6 dissin and reppin their hoods.   Something a lot of the West Coast has stopped to do as they have grown older.  I'm just ventin and I know a lot of you might disagree with me.  At least give a listen to those Pat tracks and tell me you wouldn't want to hear Snoop, Em, Dre, and all the West Coast vets rappin on em.

Take Care

DreDay
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »