Author Topic: Devean George hurt! Lakers are in a major slump, but expect them to rise soon...  (Read 523 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

At least Odom has took a stance in setting himself some goals:

Odom says he has to step it up for Lakers

BY AL BALDERAS
The Orange County Register

EL SEGUNDO, Calif. - Lakers forward Lamar Odom isn't necessarily the one to blame for the Lakers' 4-6 start to the season, but he sure seems to be taking the initiative at righting the ship.

Odom announced after Tuesday's practice at the Toyota Sports Center that he needs to take a more aggressive approach into each game and help out with the scoring.

The disparity between guard Kobe Bryant and Odom, who currently is second on the team in scoring, is nearly 20 points.

"Right now it seems the focus is more on Kobe," Odom said. "He's still getting big numbers but we're still not beating them (opponents) so it's not good enough as a team.

"I have to put the ball up just to put it up and try to get these defenses to stop focusing on him. We need more scoring and most likely it's going to have to come from me. The next four games, I'm trying to look to average 20 points."

acbaylove

Odom says he has to step it up for Lakers

Is it a quote from the past season? Cause he's repeating it from quite a few months without doing it.
And me personally i'm calling him out from this summer because i wanted him to step it up.
I want more facts, less words.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

He just set himself a goal to score more consistantly...He's aiming to average at least 20 points in the next four games to take some offensive pressure off a Kobe. He's been getting his numbers across the board, he just hasn't been scoring consistantly as of yet...PeACe

acbaylove

Let's hope he can walk the walk.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

I dont understand how you can be so optimistic about the Lakers all the time.  I understand you are a fan and all, but still........C'mon man.  Im a Raptors fan but I can still admit they suck right now and they arent going anywhere anytime soon.  Doesnt mean Im not a fan, but sometimes the truth hurts.

BTW, are you willing to make that bet on the Lakers making the playoffs or what ???

Raptors don't have Kobe Bryant, Lamar Odom, and Phil Jackson...I mean, if those 3 ALONE tried their hardest and didn't make the playoffs, it would be a mystery to me. Lakers don't have a bad team, the system is just not in tact and the players don't know their role yet. Best shooting guard in the league (Kobe), up-and-coming defensive minded point guard who hasn't been touched by any point guard this year and is still learning the NBA game (Smush), all-star caliber small forward who needs to apply his size to his game but still plays like an all-star for the most part (Odom), an underachieving power foward who can still play a decent game and is always a strong defensive presence (Kwame), and a steadily improving center who likes to learn and will progress as the season passes us by (Chris Mihm). That's a description of our starting 5. Add the greatest coach in basketball history who is known to take his time perfecting complex ideas (Phil Jackson), and you easily have a potentially strong team.... If you wanna get Seer to ban me if the Lakers don't make the playoffs, go ahead...It was just a comment I made though...PeACe

Well I get what you're saying but still.....Phils greatness had alot to do with coaching the greatest player to ever play the game, and then having Kobe, Shaq and a great cast of role players.  You cant expect Phil to coach a team to the playoffs when he doesnt have a good roster behind him.

But I already broke down the Lakers starting 5 and they don't seem to have a bad roster. Honestly, look at teams like Atlanta, New Orleans, Toronto. Those rosters are non-playoff rosters...Add Kobe to any of those rosters, and the team will have playoff hopes. Lakers will prevail...
Well are you willing to delete your account if the Lakers dont make the playoffs?  If they do, I will delete mine.

No, because I wont gain anything out of that...LOL...If you wanna ask Seer to ban me (if the Lakers dont make the playoffs), I give you permission to. I was just using that to point out how confident I was in it...I'd much rather bet with money than WCC accounts. More to gain...You can't win anything betting with WCC accounts.
Well to me, it shows that I am more confident in the Lakers NOT making the playoffs than you are with them getting into the playoffs. 

You do realise now that I can use this against you in future Laker discussions, sort of like a "put your money where your mouth is" type of deal

Im not gonna ask Seer to do anything, the bet should be between the two of us.......

OK...And if I win, what do I get out of it? Your account deleted? LOL...That's nothing for me...I'll bet you an eigth of some dank ass tree. Lakers make the playoffs, you send me your dankest (well concealed) eigth in the mail. Lakers don't make it, I'll send you my shit...That sounds a little more reasonable and more interesting to me.

ok, sounds good to me.........you got yourself a bet!!!!!

8)

8) 8) Represent. Where you at?! 8) 8)

Just Another Sunny day in California

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Twin Turbos....yeeeee
they'll rise no doubt, but past the 1st round??  i don't know maybe against the Suns but against Mavs or Spurs it doesn't look to good for them
Oh I like this one... One dog goes one way, the other dog goes the other way, and this guy's sayin', "Whadda ya want from me?

GangstaBoogy

bastards! i thought this was a new thread. i got nervous for a second
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
Holy shit! I was scared that this was a new topic when I saw it in the index. :P
LOL at NIK. He's like an elephant, never forgets. At least when it comes to the Lakers.
But a bet is a bet. Plant, send the good stuff to NIK. And NIK, smoke some for me. ;D

BizzyR.I.P.

they'll rise no doubt, but past the 1st round??  i don't know maybe against the Suns but against Mavs or Spurs it doesn't look to good for them
The Lakers own the Mavs. The Suns an Spurs are way bigger problems to the Lakers.

TeeRaySix9Teen

The Lakers own the Mavs. The Suns an Spurs are way bigger problems to the Lakers.

Mavs are still more experienced in the playoffs then the Lakers (even tho Dallas usually cant make it past the second round lol). The Lakers best shot is an upset in round one. Highly unlikely, but its their best shot as of now. Maybe catch the Suns sleepin or somethin. I just dont see it happenin tho. I mean, they should win one game....MAYYYYYYYYYBE two, but thats it. The Suns should be motivated for the playoffs, they have the easiest road to the Western Conference Finals and who knows what could happen there. Running teams really never succeed in the playoffs. But they can hope that the Mavs and Spurs wear eachother down so bad that they cant keep up with Pheonix's offense.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Mavs are still more experienced in the playoffs then the Lakers (even tho Dallas usually cant make it past the second round lol). The Lakers best shot is an upset in round one. Highly unlikely, but its their best shot as of now. Maybe catch the Suns sleepin or somethin. I just dont see it happenin tho. I mean, they should win one game....MAYYYYYYYYYBE two, but thats it. The Suns should be motivated for the playoffs, they have the easiest road to the Western Conference Finals and who knows what could happen there. Running teams really never succeed in the playoffs. But they can hope that the Mavs and Spurs wear eachother down so bad that they cant keep up with Pheonix's offense.

The Suns have the easiest road? LMAO!...Trust me, no one wants to see Kobe and Phil in round 1. Suns are small and undermatched. Not only do they not have Amare Stoudemire, but their other big, Kurt Thomas, is out as well! They're under .500 in their last 20+ games!!! Suns are gunna get shitted on in the playoffs, everyone will act all surprised, but if you've been watching, you'll see ;)...PeACe