Author Topic: Israel considering reoccupying Gaza  (Read 199 times)

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Israel considering reoccupying Gaza
« on: April 21, 2006, 06:28:19 AM »
aIsrael 'could occupy Gaza again'
An Israeli general has said Israel will consider re-occupying part or all of Gaza, if Palestinian militants continue firing rockets across the border.
Gen Yoav Galant said the move would be considered if such attacks reached an intolerable level, or involved more powerful, longer-range weapons.

Gen Galant is head of the Israeli military's southern command.

Palestinian militants in Gaza frequently fire short-range and crudely made rockets into Israel.

The rockets rarely cause significant damage or casualties.

Israeli forces say they fired more than 2,000 artillery shells into the northern Gaza Strip, in the first two weeks of April. Israel says this is an attempt to halt the growing number of rocket attacks by Palestinian militants.

A number of civilians have been killed and injured in the shelling.

'Operational plans'

"I don't want to get there, but if necessary we can re-occupy part or all of the Gaza Strip, and there are operational plans," Gen Galant told the Israeli Maariv newspaper.

He said Israeli forces were "already operating inside the Gaza Strip", but did not give any details.

Gen Galant's comments echo those of other army Israeli officers.

Two senior army officers also gave newspaper interviews recently saying that ground operations could be launched in the future in Gaza.

Israel withdrew its settlers and soldiers from Gaza last September, after almost four decades of military occupation.

Story from BBC NEWS:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/1/hi/world/middle_east/4930470.stm

Published: 2006/04/21 11:52:03 GMT

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

Jip

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Israel considering reoccupying Gaza
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2006, 11:32:41 AM »
they both need to give it up

if they dont

i hope someone gets bored and nukes both their asses

i know im getting bored of this shit

Kassem

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2006, 11:47:47 AM »
it doesn't matter if it will take a year or a 100 years, the second crusade will be kicked out of arab land
United Arab States

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2006, 04:05:17 PM »
they both need to give it up

if they dont

i hope someone gets bored and nukes both their asses

i know im getting bored of this shit

well, its such a pity that you are bored. Fuck the dead Palestinians, because Jip is bored.
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll