Author Topic: Hip-Hop's Elite on 'Their Greatest MCs Of All Time'  (Read 1045 times)

RZARECTA

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Witty Unpredictable-Talent And Natural Game
Re: Hip-Hop's Elite on 'Their Greatest MCs Of All Time'
« Reply #45 on: April 21, 2006, 03:15:12 AM »
wow jay-s is gettin ether'd again in this thread  ....  #1  overated MC of all time

Sweet & Tender Hooligan

« Reply #46 on: April 21, 2006, 04:42:31 AM »
*Agrees with everything Juronimo says*

Redman/Method Man/Ghostface/Raekwon >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Jay

And no1 mentions either one of em besides MJB i dont think......

But its all personal opinion i could sit and listen to Redman, Cube, Snoop, Pac, Rakim accapellas all ,day long but i just couldnt do it with Jay. Unless he got a bangin beat i just dont feel him, his voice is boring and annoying, his lyrical content is pretty much non existant as he has been rapping bout the same shit all his career.

Not 2 mention he said "Too much westcoast dick licking" and he absolutly shit all over a 2pac song which should hav been left completely as 2pac wasnt even talkin bout a bitch he was tlakin bout a gun.

And all this "the best rapper alive since the best rapper retired" is just nonsense, never at any point in his career do i think Jay was the best.

NOt 2 mention he aint fuckin wit Killa......... 8)

The Maestro

da_notorious_mack

« Reply #47 on: April 21, 2006, 07:18:03 AM »

its fucked up yall got me arguin on jays behalf cus im not even a massive fan..

but snoop should be in there on the basis he used to have a pretty nice flow....an dre gave em beats...

west coast board...makes sense i suppose....

jay got where he is with no major label pushin him...helpin with his image etc...

i find where jays concerned....people who write lyrics or whatver tend to appreciate his skills alot more dan people who dont....

ooooo an jays flow not bein nice...

"my 1st song"
"big pimpn"
"welcome to NYC"<<<<<<<<<<pretty much ethers cams attempt at beef...witout respondin

theres loads....

content....."song cry"...."heart of da city"....

plus theres a handful of mc's could school 3 legends in their own right(nas,mobb deep) on 1 song...jay did it...

u may found his voice annoyin..but i could use dat to dismiss any arguement bout the best emcee...

like fuck big..i found the fact he overweight annoyin...

it dosent take away from his actual skills...

an i didnt even bring the fact he dosent write his rhymes down lol...

Sweet & Tender Hooligan

« Reply #48 on: April 21, 2006, 03:14:31 PM »

its fucked up yall got me arguin on jays behalf cus im not even a massive fan..

but snoop should be in there on the basis he used to have a pretty nice flow....an dre gave em beats...

west coast board...makes sense i suppose....

jay got where he is with no major label pushin him...helpin with his image etc...

i find where jays concerned....people who write lyrics or whatver tend to appreciate his skills alot more dan people who dont....

ooooo an jays flow not bein nice...

"my 1st song"
"big pimpn"
"welcome to NYC"<<<<<<<<<<pretty much ethers cams attempt at beef...witout respondin

theres loads....

content....."song cry"...."heart of da city"....

plus theres a handful of mc's could school 3 legends in their own right(nas,mobb deep) on 1 song...jay did it...

u may found his voice annoyin..but i could use dat to dismiss any arguement bout the best emcee...

like fuck big..i found the fact he overweight annoyin...

it dosent take away from his actual skills...

an i didnt even bring the fact he dosent write his rhymes down lol...

Yeh he just steals them  ::)

The Maestro

Z the laidback Virus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm as laidback as possible without being high
« Reply #49 on: April 21, 2006, 03:39:08 PM »
Listening to a fat rapper does not hurt my listenerspleasure...it does hurt that pleasure when the guy has an annoying voice a la Jay-Z. And getting there without someone pushing him does not make him a better rapper.
Z knows about ALL your inner conflicts..

da_notorious_mack

« Reply #50 on: April 22, 2006, 04:52:31 AM »
Listening to a fat rapper does not hurt my listenerspleasure...it does hurt that pleasure when the guy has an annoying voice a la Jay-Z. And getting there without someone pushing him does not make him a better rapper.

no...it just means he didnt have his image molded by a bunch of PR men to cater to your age group...

an who wants to heard sum fat ass rappa gaspn 4 breath between words... ;D

nah fair play mate...its ur opinion...jus to me jay is easil top 5...

Diabolical

« Reply #51 on: April 22, 2006, 08:42:39 AM »
I agree wiht most of those, except Jigga.

I would rate most members of the Wu above him.