Author Topic: Mobb_Deep-Blood_Money-2006  (Read 2797 times)

Okka

Re: Mobb_Deep-Blood_Money-2006
« Reply #45 on: April 19, 2006, 02:30:51 PM »
Somebody hook me up too  8)

Elevz

« Reply #46 on: April 19, 2006, 02:38:42 PM »
No way Dre did Creep.

YEAH BOOOOIIIIIIIIIIII!!!! That's Dre's new direction for Detox!

Cheese

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #47 on: April 19, 2006, 02:50:50 PM »
I appreciate the hookup, but still... I'm not feeling this album at all! It got some nice tracks, but overall I think it sucks. And I really dont think it got any Dre productions, nothing sounds like  anything Dre would make
« Last Edit: April 19, 2006, 03:26:25 PM by vetklep2000 »

Larrabee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #48 on: April 19, 2006, 02:55:52 PM »
Taken from the latest issue of Scratch...

Creep f\ 50 Cent Produced by Havoc

Havoc: "I bought that record overseas. Me and Alchemist, whenever we are overseas, we find the record stores and we be digging. I found that record, an Indian record. It was the type of record that if you didn't listen to the whole thing, you wouldn't have found the sample. And that shit sounded different to me. Even when I hear it, I'm still trying to wonder what kind of fuckin' instrument is that. I sat in the studio listening to that for about five hours, just zoning."

ωεεźγ ғ

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #49 on: April 19, 2006, 02:57:04 PM »
i knew it was an Indian instrument, the instrument that makes that weird noise is called a "tabla"

dude should have phoned me instead of stressin himself  :nawty:
« Last Edit: April 19, 2006, 02:58:36 PM by PRIN©È »

Larrabee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #50 on: April 19, 2006, 02:57:58 PM »
Hookup anyone  ???

Okka

« Reply #51 on: April 19, 2006, 03:01:21 PM »

Eihtball

« Reply #52 on: April 19, 2006, 03:25:35 PM »
OK, I listened to this album again in the erg room today, since I was the only dude there and I didn't have to worry about the other rowers fighting over the stereo with me.  Overall, I'm still reasonably satisfied with this album, even if it ain't up to "Infamous"/"Hell On Earth" standards.  The main thing that's kinda surprising is that a lot of the production kinda grows on you...there's far more layers on each track than you think, and the choice of samples is definitely interesting (although I admit "Creep" just still doesn't work for me).  As far as lyrics, go, tho...I put on "Survival of the Fittest" immediately when I got back, and I'm longing for something like that from P and Hav again.

At the very least, I'm happy Mobb Deep stuck to what they do best (gritty street shit), not what they do worst (crossover club joints).  On the other hand, I do wonder how well this album's gonna sell when it comes out.  I'm pretty sure I'll buy it, but that's cause I'm a Mobb fan.  I dunno how the rest of the public's gonna feel, tho...everything on this album seems a bit too dark to cross over besides "Put 'Em In They Place" and maybe "It's Alright."  The fact that "Put 'Em In They Place" doesn't seem to be charting ain't a good sign for them, either.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #53 on: April 19, 2006, 03:27:49 PM »

At the very least, I'm happy Mobb Deep stuck to what they do best (gritty street shit), not what they do worst (crossover club joints).  On the other hand, I do wonder how well this album's gonna sell when it comes out.  I'm pretty sure I'll buy it, but that's cause I'm a Mobb fan.  I dunno how the rest of the public's gonna feel, tho...everything on this album seems a bit too dark to cross over besides "Put 'Em In They Place" and maybe "It's Alright."  The fact that "Put 'Em In They Place" doesn't seem to be charting ain't a good sign for them, either.

Yep, Im glad they kept that Mobb sound. I have a feeling this album is a grower.

evan the dude

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Alaskan Connection
« Reply #54 on: April 19, 2006, 03:56:02 PM »

Yep, Im glad they kept that Mobb sound. I have a feeling this album is a grower.

Get the dubcnn "california love" wallpaper here!!

Larrabee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #55 on: April 19, 2006, 04:00:25 PM »
Props for the hookup, Detox... 8)

somevietkid

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #56 on: April 19, 2006, 04:29:06 PM »
Sent you a message half hour ago.  Props if you send the album.

Spicemuthafuc*in1

« Reply #57 on: April 19, 2006, 04:43:28 PM »
Propz on the hookup detox, Im gonna give it a listen

Spicemuthafuc*in1

« Reply #58 on: April 19, 2006, 05:24:56 PM »
first three songs are coo, creep is wack,  im gonna keep listening to the album though

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #59 on: April 19, 2006, 06:00:55 PM »

I could be wrong, but it's just impossible for me to think a Dre beat would fail to make the cut for the album. 

You mean like how you believe 50 had the OC remix the whole time but it failed to make the original pressing? LMAO!

Damn, nigga, youre still on this "50 stealing hot beats for himself" shit?  Somebody already proved in the other topic that Dre gave the "Outta Control" remix beat to 50 first, not P and Hav.

Nobody proved shit.  It's all on who you believe - Hav said it was given to Mobb Deep.  50 allegedly said he had it all along at Making the Video or whatever.  So it's all on who is more credible.