Author Topic: Mobb_Deep-Blood_Money-2006  (Read 2824 times)

Eihtball

Re: Mobb_Deep-Blood_Money-2006
« Reply #90 on: April 20, 2006, 03:40:20 PM »
So "Have a party" and "Outta Control" don’t count huh? I think they sure as hell do considering Mobb Deep recorded just under a hundred songs for this project and these two some how made the final cut. 10 of the songs on this album have a guest feature, 10 out of 16 that's 62% my friend. And you must have been just listening to the first 15 seconds of each song dude because 50's fingerprints are ALL OVER THIS RECORD. Even when 50's not rapping/singing/backupvocaling/ghostwriting/ Havoc and Pee are trying to rap like him. I mean just listen, Mobb Deep are singing... SINGING! Purposely slurring words, harmonizing their vocals this shit sounds like a 50 Cent cover band… its as clear as day.

Yeah, those two don't count.  Even if you do count them, tho, that's only NINE songs with guest appearances.  But I don't count them b/c they've been on other albums and are just included as bonus tracks (probably to make up for "Nightmares" being cut).

I listened to this album many times.  P and Hav do try some singsong shit, but it's not THAT frequent.  You exaggerate everything; this is a FAR cry from selling out...that implies they're trying to go completely pop, which characterized a lotta songs on "Infamy".  This album at least has the sort of haunting, sparse production that best suits their style, and even if P is still wack, at least Hav sounds hungry in comparison.  So no, I don't see how this is as bad as you say.  Honestly, you ain't feeling "Daydreamin", "The Infamous", etc.?
« Last Edit: April 20, 2006, 03:49:47 PM by RBXtra (Rough Is The Texture) »

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #91 on: April 20, 2006, 03:48:45 PM »

I wanna hear this

kemizt

Spicemuthafuc*in1

« Reply #92 on: April 20, 2006, 04:25:17 PM »
One thing I will admit is this is def not a pop album, its got that grimey sound to it

Spicemuthafuc*in1

« Reply #93 on: April 20, 2006, 04:30:25 PM »
The Beat in Creep ruins any chance of the song being tight, however when it comes to the verses in the track 50 definently flows the best

SlickPants

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #94 on: April 20, 2006, 05:09:54 PM »
okay artistically this isn't that great of an album, lyrics are sub par...

but I STILL LOVE IT.  the beats are crazy, these guys got charisma and flow and its good music to bump to.  i'm not g-units biggest fan but i can't deny this shits hot

EDIT:  oh yeah and tony yayo stayed on beat!!!!!  lmao, who the fuck knows what's going on with all of prodigy's fee fi fo fum bullshit though
« Last Edit: April 20, 2006, 05:16:29 PM by SlickPants »

Okka

« Reply #95 on: April 21, 2006, 01:50:53 AM »
It's an dope album, that Alchemist produced track is fuckin dope  8)

D1G1T4L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Digital Productions
« Reply #96 on: April 21, 2006, 01:56:11 AM »
how do beats like creep make final cuts? wow i dont know

they should have replaced that creep beat with one of mines
http://www.soundclick.com/d1g1t4l

::Mr. Hahn::

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #97 on: April 21, 2006, 02:02:47 AM »
YO can u send me a link?
Currently Training at:
www.VT1GYM.com

Gang Starr

"But they can't take the respect, that I've earned in my lifetime
And you know they'll never stop the furious force of my rhymes
So like they say, every dog has it's day
And like they say, God works in a mysterious way
So I pray, remembering the days of my youth
As I prepare to meet my moment of truth"

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #98 on: April 21, 2006, 02:58:05 AM »
this album is ass. i give credit to havoc because he carried this album. but most of prodigys rhymes dont rhyme at all, i have to suffer through 50 on every other track, and the production sounds either wack our dated. typical g-unit quality

bring on mase
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Jome

Re: Blood Money leaked...
« Reply #99 on: April 21, 2006, 08:30:33 AM »
After the 1st listen I am very pleased.
After one listen , a good album
good album
this album is pretty good.
shit sound good in the car///
actually , i like this album on a first listen  8) only the creep song is wack the rest is kinda dope, i think imma show this some love acutally..
i think its hot, fuck g-unit haters, FUCK EM  8)
Damn, this album is real nice.Definately getting myself a copy of this 8)
This album is pretty solid if you ask me. .
okay artistically this isn't that great of an album, lyrics are sub par...
but I STILL LOVE IT.  the beats are crazy, these guys got charisma and flow and its good music to bump to.  i'm not g-units biggest fan but i can't deny this shits hot
It's an dope album.

VS.

BLOOD MONEY = ABSOLUTE GARBAGE
BLOOD MONEY = ABSOLUTE GARBAGE
...this album blows even by Gunit standards
I'm not feeling this album at all! It got some nice tracks, but overall I think it sucks.
this shit is garbage...
Not very impressed at all
this album is ass.
here is a term for that and its called "selling out." And that's exactly what happened here with "Blood Money"

Gotta love Dubcc.. whenever a album drops, it's usually praised as dope by some people, and absolute garbage by others..  ;D

Got mixed feelings about this album, I miss some real bangers. Amerikaz Nightmare >> Blood Money.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #100 on: April 21, 2006, 09:44:16 AM »
^^^^ You and I obviously heard completely different records.  The version of "Blood Money" I heard was hardly crossover-friendly at all.  And where's this "60%-30%" shit?  There's only 7 NEW tracks where G-Unit appears, "Have A Party" and "Outta Control" don't count because they're bonus tracks.  And stop acting like my views are the majority when I'm fending off a lotta hate from cats like yourself.

So "Have a party" and "Outta Control" don’t count huh? I think they sure as hell do considering Mobb Deep recorded just under a hundred songs for this project and these two some how made the final cut. 10 of the songs on this album have a guest feature, 10 out of 16 that's 62% my friend. And you must have been just listening to the first 15 seconds of each song dude because 50's fingerprints are ALL OVER THIS RECORD. Even when 50's not rapping/singing/backupvocaling/ghostwriting/ Havoc and Pee are trying to rap like him. I mean just listen, Mobb Deep are singing... SINGING! Purposely slurring words, overly annunciating vowels, harmonizing their vocals this shit sounds like a 50 Cent cover band… its as clear as day.

Lmao the hate for GUnit on this forum is amazing. Mobb Deep definetly didnt sell out. They dont have a party,club track with 50 on the hook as a 1st single. Theyve keept their grimey sound. The GUnit verses are all dope,except for Yayos and even he was that bad.

Documentary was more GUnit influenced than Blood Money.

Bomb-A®

« Reply #101 on: April 21, 2006, 10:23:59 AM »
crap...not impressed at all

peace

Mr. Humonculous

« Reply #102 on: April 21, 2006, 11:43:59 AM »
i was disappointed blood money is garbage there last album was a lot better
« Last Edit: April 21, 2006, 11:47:06 AM by Mr. Humonculous »

tempo2

« Reply #103 on: April 21, 2006, 12:21:29 PM »
anyone hook me up with it?

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #104 on: April 21, 2006, 01:12:21 PM »
In the run up to the release of Mobb Deep's "Bloody Money" album, their first release since joing G-Unit, we had a chance to interview Mobb Deep's Havoc about the album and it's leak onto the Internet before it's release, joining G-Unit and the recent death of D12's Proof.

Havoc: Yo, what’s up?

JD: Hey, how you doing?

Havoc: Aiight

JD: I want to start off with a few questions about the album. What can we expect from the album? Is it going to be a typical Mobb Deep album?

Havoc: You know basically, it's another Mobb Deep classic, we put our heart into it and the album is crazy, you know what I’m saying?

JD: Yeah, what can we expect as far as guest appearances go?

Havoc: Well we kept it limited to the G-Unit family and ourselves, so of course we got 50, we got Yayo, Young Buck, Lloyd Banks and even a special feature from Mary J. Blige.

JD: Did you handle all of the production or did you get others in as well?

Havoc: I produced about half of the album, of course we got other producers on there, which is a good thing, you know what I mean? You get to hear Mobb Deep over different and various tracks.

JD: You've got a track on the album produced by Dre haven't you?

Havoc: Yeah, yeah, it's called Nightmares, man that's tight.

JD: What was it like working with Dre?

Havoc: I mean, it was a good experience because I am a producer myself. So working with him was like an honour, you know to sit there and watch him do his thing, that was crazy.

JD: Did you just sit back and take notes?

Havoc: Yeah of course, I took a lot of mental notes, you know what I mean, I was glad I was a part of that.

JD: Where do you think Bloody Money ranks amongst your other albums?

Havoc: Ah man, it's right there at the top, you know what I mean, for real.

JD: So you think it is the best Mobb Deep material?

Havoc: Yeah man.

JD: What is your favourite track from the album?

Havoc: Errm, I would have to say, there's a song that I did called Creep, it's real crazy.

JD: And what makes it your favourite?

Havoc: I mean just the beat in general, you know what I mean, and our flow is real crazy.

JD: When you were recording the album, did you feel pressured that you had to live up to your previous material?

Havoc: Well, you know, I am always trying to out do myself, so that feeling is always there, you know what I mean, within myself.

JD: I'm not sure if you've heard yet, but the album actually leaked onto the Internet yesterday (April 19).

Havoc: Yeah, I heard about that.

JD: How do you feel about albums being leaked onto the Internet before they're release date?

Havoc: I mean, sometimes it's hard to control that situation, but I think of it as a preview. If people want it that much that they leak it onto the Internet, you know, it works both ways, it could be a good thing depending on how early it gets leaked. In this case it was only about 2 weeks, so it's not that bad.

JD: I hear you are planning to preview the album on Shade 45 this weekend.

Havoc: Yep.

JD: What can people expect. Are you going to play the entire album or just snippets of tracks?

Havoc: Yeah, we will probably play snippets and a couple of tracks, just to get people warmed up.

JD: I just want to talk about the move over to G-Unit. How did it feel to be part of a rap super group like G-Unit?

Havoc: I mean, for real it was a good feeling, you know its a family, its a family atmosphere, you know what I mean, that's what we [Mobb Deep], we been searching for that for a long time. We did good on our own, but its always good to be part of a family.

JD: How did the deal come about because it seemed to come out of nowhere.

Havoc: what happened was, we were on Jive and we got released from Jive through our differences with each other. A week later I got a call from 50 Cent saying that he heard we were free agents and that he wanted to work with our next project.

JD: Was it an easy decision to make once you found out 50 was interested?

Havoc: Yeah, obviously we had to think about it and when we had the meeting with 50 we were confident that he would do what he said and come through, you know what I mean.

JD: Do you think it was a good move based on the fact you will get much more international exposure?

Havoc: Urm yeah because music most of the time is all about exposure and we always looking for that so yeah, it's a good thing.

JD: Did 50 Cent have much input on the album?

Havoc: Oh yeah definitely, he is who he is and with the creative mind that he has, you know alongside of ours it just turns out that we made a classic album because of that.

JD: Have you learnt anything from working with 50, or have you actually taught him a thing or two?

Havoc: Basically, no matter where you think you are in your life, you still gotta work hard.

JD: Now that you're a part of G-Unit, I mean G-Unit do much more than music nowadays, have you got any plans to sign any of your own artists or do books or DVDs or anything?

Havoc: Yeah, for sure. Now that you mention that, we do have a couple of artists, we got 40 Glocc, who is from L.A. California and we got Nyce from Jamaica, Queens, so yeah we definitely gonna be putting our artists on the Infamous/G-Unit label.

JD: A lot of people have been wondering that since you joined G-Unit, have you inherited their beefs, in particular the one with The Game?

Havoc: I mean, it is what it is, I mean us being signed to G-Unit, if people dislike it of course they are going to come at us, so I just take it day by day and I don't pay attention to it, I just make music.

JD: M.O.P. also signed to G-Unit around the same time as you, have you got any plans to do any collaborations with them?

Havoc: Yeah definitely, its inevitable, you know what I’m saying, we get along real well, so we definitely going to be doing an album with them.

JD: You're going to make an album together?

Havoc: Yeah, if not an album, definitely songs.

JD: How come they aren't on the new album?

Havoc: We didn't get a chance to collaborate on this one, but in the future they will be.

JD: Outside of G-Unit, is there anyone you would like to work with who you haven't had chance to?

Havoc: You know I’m a producer so that’s natural that I’ma work with other artists anyway, so I don't have anyone specifically in mind, but it's definitely something I will do.

JD: Are you going to be handling some of the production for G-Unit now?

Havoc: I mean, I been doing work with G-Unit since before I signed to them, I’ve been producing for a couple of their artists.

JD: Are you going to continue doing production for people outside of G-Unit?

Havoc: Oh yeah, of course, like I said, its only natural, I’m a producer, so for sure, yeah.

JD: Have you got any plans for a tour this year and are you coming to the UK?

Havoc: Yeah, we start the tour in the US May 3rd and we will be in Europe I would say by the beginning of July.

JD: You've been in the rap game for quite a long time now, how do you think it's changed since you started out?

Havoc: Of course a lot of things have changed, you know, I don't mind, I welcome change and I remain and still do what I do.

JD: What are your thoughts on the whole Proof situation in Detroit?

Havoc: Yeah, I think about that and it's a bad situation, I knew him, he was on the road with us and any time there is an untimely death, it's never good, it's never good, you know and I send my condolences out to his family and pray that they get good because people like family and you never want to see family go.

JD: Finally, is there anything you would like to tell the fans?

Havoc: I just want to thank the fans for supporting Mobb Deep, you know, for the time they have supported us and definitely go and pick up the album because it's a collectable item for real.

Source