Author Topic: Worst President Ever?  (Read 729 times)

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Worst President Ever?
« on: April 19, 2006, 05:59:12 PM »
More are begining to agree with that assertion....

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/profile/story/9961300/the_worst_president_in_history?rnd=1145468541266&has-player=true&version=6.0.8.1024

And an interesting fact:

"According to the Treasury Department, the forty-two presidents who held office between 1789 and 2000 borrowed a combined total of $1.01 trillion from foreign governments and financial institutions. But between 2001 and 2005 alone, the Bush White House borrowed $1.05 trillion, more than all of the previous presidencies combined. "

Kassem

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re: Worst President Ever?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2006, 06:05:12 PM »
i don't think he makes all the decisions
United Arab States

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2006, 06:15:00 PM »
Not agreeing or disagreeing, cuz I don't know enough about past presidents.  I'll say this though - I have a subscription to RollingStone, however i'll probably not renew it.  It seems like that magazine spends too many pages dedicated to hating anything non left extreme.  I'd rather see them expose the bullshit politics in the music biz than our government.  I'm buying RollingStone, not Government's digest.  And it has nothing to do with GW - it could be anybody.  It just gets tiresome having to skip these articles bashing the government over and over and over and over and over. 

Then again, with the current state of music, it's probably difficult to find info on bands that people give half a fuck about.  Especially when it comes out bi-weekly.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2006, 07:02:50 PM »
Short answer to your question. Yes.

William Henry Harrison was a better president.

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2006, 07:16:52 PM »
Rolling Stone, that is a bastion of deep intellectual analysis.  ::)

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2006, 07:19:13 PM »

u wouldnt recognize an intellectual analysis if it fucked u in ur loose polack ass
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2006, 07:29:25 PM »

The article was not written by a Rolling Stones journalist, but they featured a piece by Princeton Professor and editor of the New Republic named Sean Wilentz.  Why do you say so many ignorant things?  That's like saying calling an article on economics by Paul Sameulson worthless if just by chance it was published in Entertainment Weekly.  The mode of publication really matters little, what counts is the substance, the validity of the argument, and if reputation of the author.

More on the author of this piece: 

http://www.princeton.edu/pr/news/98/q4/wilentz-bio.htm

SEAN WILENTZ

Dayton-Stockon Professor of History
Director, Program in American Studies
Department of History
Dickinson Hall
Princeton University
Princeton, New Jersey 08544

EMPLOYMENT

Professor
Department of History
Princeton University
1987 -

Contributing Editor
The New Republic
1994 -

EDUCATION

Ph.D., Yale University, 1980.
M. Phil., Yale University, 1976.
M.A., Yale University, 1975.
B.A., Balliol College, Oxford University, 1974.
BA., Columbia College, Columbia University, 1972.

-----

Yale, Oxford, Columbia, and now Princeton... yeah he is definitely intellectually challenged.  Either way, I don't agree with a person because of their degree, but feel free to read the piece.  I doubt you're actually capable of making it the whole way thru.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2006, 07:37:15 PM »
It's more intellectual then you, Bill O'Reilly, George Bush, and Bernard Goldberg combined.

africas seed

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2006, 09:36:38 PM »

a blind duckbill platypus wouldve been a better pick for a president.

Diabolical

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2006, 06:39:05 PM »

a blind duckbill platypus wouldve been a better pick for a president.

haha

J Bananas

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2006, 08:20:38 PM »
lincoln was worse, roosevelt was worse, atleast bush hasnt detained thousands of war protesters yet... or does virtuoso have a special article on underground torture caves bush is running under delaware?

LAKERS_FAN89

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2006, 09:13:50 PM »
bush is the worst president ever...........best president ever was bill clinton!!!!

fuck fuck BUSH!!!!!!

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2006, 09:37:42 PM »
lincoln was worse, roosevelt was worse, atleast bush hasnt detained thousands of war protesters yet... or does virtuoso have a special article on underground torture caves bush is running under delaware?

Lincoln and Roosevelt are worse than Bush?  You have an odd system for presidential evaluations.

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2006, 11:03:23 PM »

::)
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

J Bananas

« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2006, 03:40:41 PM »
ok since youre all so fucking smart you know that lincoln detained thousands of people in the north who spoke out against the civil war and what he stood for, so wow he realized slavery was evil, a real humanitarian. and roosevelt as we all know detained thousands of japanese AMERICANS because their "people" attacked pearl harbor. i havent seen any hippies or a-rabs being put in detention camps around here lately, those are two major human rights violations that bush wouldnt dream of committing. im not saying i liek the dude, but everyones so sensitive these days trying to take things to polar extremes. boo hoo!