Poll

Who Will Advance?

Phoenix Suns
23 (41.1%)
Los Angeles Lakers
33 (58.9%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Author Topic: 2006 Playoffs ~Los Angeles Lakers (45-37) vs Phoenix Suns (54-28)~ Round 1.  (Read 16735 times)

Dogg_Pound_Gangsta

I dont think that the Lakers are mentally ready to take on the Suns.  I pick the Suns in 5, they are gonna run all night and score 120 per game, Kobe will score 100 by himself but no real other help, so Suns!

GangstaBoogy

im predicting sasha vujachic will have A LOT of playing time in this series. he has great defense and he can abuse nash. devin george is a good answer for marion. all we have to do is play defense and we could take the series. eddie house is our only problem.

"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

acbaylove

Lakers Starting 5: Suns Starting 5:
PG Smush Parker-------------------------PG Steve Nash
SG Kobe Bryant---------------------------SG Raja Bell
SF Luke Walton---------------------------SF James Jones
PF Lamar Odom---------------------------PF Shawn Marion
C Kwame Brown--------------------------C Boris Diaw

Diaw a center??? does not sound right he is a gaurd/SF i think Tim or Kurt Thomas start at center
im thinking suns in 6

This season Diaw started at least once in all 5 the positions. ;)

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I Hope Kobe got all the shooting out of his system b/c he needs to go inside ALLOT to Kwame, Lamar, Mihm & Even Luke who's been looking good in the post lately. The Suns are small. Diaw is a 6'8 Center, Kwame should abuse him.  :-\

Like Phil said "Slow it Down, Run the Offense" ...That means no quick shots from Kobe.

The Lakers bench has to play great defense, But i don't know if they could keep up with Barbosa & E.House and all those guys. Hopefully they can.
And Sasha should not be allowed to shoot  :P Just go all out on defense Sasha, u no shoot ball  ;D  .. And If B.Cook could make those shots he's been making all season The suns are not going to be able to Double & Triple team KB & Lamar that much.

Smush also has to play great defense. He hasn't done it that much since that 5-1 road trip but lets see what happens. And he shouldn't shoot so many 3's since he's only making 37 % of his 3's, Just take it to the basket all the time and dunk on those muthafuckas 8)  ;D.

Kobe will dominate but hopefully his mind is on going inside first instead of going for 50 every night. If his teammates aren't making shots then he could shoot the ball all the time. ;D  8) (I hope kobe has a 60 point game)  8)

And Phil will Come up with a great game plan on defense and Lakers win in 7 :firedevil:

Fuck the :sun: 'S  :monkey_piss:   :D :D
« Last Edit: April 21, 2006, 03:59:06 AM by Inglewood Ave »

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
i have to see the first game to comment on this. it all comes down how lakers deal with the suns running the court like motherfuckers. they are a run n gun, fast team, that is something everybody knows, but now that two of their big men are out, they are even faster... its gonna be a lot of fun to watch I think. if lakers can find a way to slow them down or to cope with their running, they have a good shot. if not, suns are gonna run them over with no mercy.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

wcsoldier

Can't wait IT's PLAYOFFS TIME BABY  :banana_trippin:. Gonna watch each televised games by night during my 2 weeks holidays  8) GO LAKERS

wcsoldier

im predicting sasha vujachic will have A LOT of playing time in this series. he has great defense and he can abuse nash. devin george is a good answer for marion. all we have to do is play defense and we could take the series. eddie house is our only problem.

Our perepheric D is without a doubt the key of the serie..., simple as that . On the offensive wise, Kwame and Lamar (by postin up) have to be very aggressive... I'm not worry about Kobe, he's hungrier than never ...

CanadActive

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Only one GOAT... MJ
I'm a big Lakers fan...
But they'll have problem stopping Nash imo...
If they do, Lakers in 7.  If not Suns in 6.
The Canadian Polish

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
so if the lakers win they will advance to play the clippers and not the spurs?

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Lakers Starting 5: Suns Starting 5:
PG Smush Parker-------------------------PG Steve Nash
SG Kobe Bryant---------------------------SG Raja Bell
SF Luke Walton---------------------------SF James Jones
PF Lamar Odom---------------------------PF Shawn Marion
C Kwame Brown--------------------------C Boris Diaw

Diaw a center??? does not sound right he is a gaurd/SF i think Tim or Kurt Thomas start at center
im thinking suns in 6

You're wrong...Diaw's been the main starting center ever since Kurt Thomas went down. He most likely WILL start at center. As for Kurt Thomas, he's out with an injury...So, yes, my list is right...PeACe

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Phoenix in 7
Its going to go to the end, The Lakers are going to give them a run for their money, but in the end Phoenix Prevails

Dont get all mad Laker fans, im just stating what i think is going to happen, lol

VVV LMAO!!! VVV

(#) = How many games it takes to win
Western Conference

#1 SA (4)                                                                                                                             
#8 SAC                     #1 SA (6)                                       
                               #4 DAL                                                                                             
#2 PHO                                                                                                                                
#7 LAL (7)                                                #1 SA                                     #6 LAC                                               
                                                             #6 LAC (7)                                                                           
#3 DEN                                                                                                         
#6 LAC   (6)              #6 LAC                                                       
                                #7 LAL (7)                                                        
#4 DAL (5)                                             
#5 MEM                                                                                                                                                              
                                                                                                                                                        #6 Los Angeles Clippers - NBA CHAMPIONS

Hater? Or simply an idiot...?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Yup...Winner of this series plays the winner of the Clippers/Nuggets series. 8)

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Yup...Winner of this series plays the winner of the Clippers/Nuggets series. 8)

nice 8)

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Laker can win but only if we play smart. If Kobe makes this a personal battle between him and Raja Bell on an ego driven challenge, we'll lose. We must stick to a game plan that means controlling the tempo and establishing an inside game with Kwame and Odom. If we do that, we'll win. If we try to run with them and shoot a host of threes, we'll get swept. Another thing we must do is stay at home with their shooters, even if that means Nash gets 50. I'd rather have Nash score 50 then get 15 assists.

The outcome of this series depends on how smart we play. I got my fingers crossed by I'll say Lakers in 7. I gotta have faith in my team.

[edit] Word on the steet has Kobe playing Nash on D.  :o The plot thickens...
« Last Edit: April 21, 2006, 02:47:14 PM by Juronimo is Public Enemy #1 »
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

Now_Im_Not_Banned

[edit] Word on the steet has Kobe playing Nash on D.  :o The plot thickens...

Sorry, but that would take WAY too much energy out of Kobe and is a HORRIBLE idea...