Poll

Who Will Advance?

Phoenix Suns
23 (41.1%)
Los Angeles Lakers
33 (58.9%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Author Topic: 2006 Playoffs ~Los Angeles Lakers (45-37) vs Phoenix Suns (54-28)~ Round 1.  (Read 16729 times)

mikeOG

• Quadruple OG
  • Muthafuckin' OG
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
laker fan hurr, im picking the suns in 5 tho. lakers arent a good defensive team and not a great offensive team so they cant outscore the suns. suns play crazy ball, lakers have problems with these type of quick teams. if you look at how the spurs beat them last year they pretty much outscored them and beat them at their own game, spurs are a great defensive team but couldnt control them.

lakers have kobe while teh suns have nash, marion, diaw and barbosa as defenisve mismatches...who will step up and stop these 4? and kobe can somewhat be containd by raja bell who does a decent job-pretty good defender...  Tough matchup, if odom can get going or kwame..we might have a chance but i dont see it. hope im wrong   :-\

africas seed

• Muthafuckin' Don!
i think that the lakers have a real legitimate shot in this series.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

laker fan hurr, im picking the suns in 5 tho. lakers arent a good defensive team and not a great offensive team so they cant outscore the suns. suns play crazy ball, lakers have problems with these type of quick teams. if you look at how the spurs beat them last year they pretty much outscored them and beat them at their own game, spurs are a great defensive team but couldnt control them.

lakers have kobe while teh suns have nash, marion, diaw and barbosa as defenisve mismatches...who will step up and stop these 4? and kobe can somewhat be containd by raja bell who does a decent job-pretty good defender...  Tough matchup, if odom can get going or kwame..we might have a chance but i dont see it. hope im wrong   :-\

Sorry, but when it comes to match-up disadvantages, the Lakers SHIT all over the Suns. The Lakers are a pretty balanced team, Suns have no true interior presence... they're small and run a lot, not a good asset when you make it to the playoffs. Who will stop Chris Mihm & Kwame Brown (especially the way he's been playing as of late) on the inside? They're also a horrible rebounding team...Even Lamar Odom would be a better big than anyone they have, and he plays small forward for us. As Lakers have been gearing up for the playoffs, they've shown signs of excellent defense and a potent offense. As the Suns have been gearing up for the playoffs, they've been playing really shitty (check their last 25 games). I dunno how you can claim to be a Laker fan and have that sorta' outlook on your own team...Have some faith, man...PeACe

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
Damn, I can't wait for this series. :banana_trippin: Getting too excited. 2 years is a long time to wait to make the playoffs when you're a Laker fan. :cow:

:banana_llama:~~~~Lakers, Bitch!

mikeOG

• Quadruple OG
  • Muthafuckin' OG
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
Sorry, but when it comes to match-up disadvantages, the Lakers SHIT all over the Suns. The Lakers are a pretty balanced team, Suns have no true interior presence... they're small and run a lot, not a good asset when you make it to the playoffs. Who will stop Chris Mihm & Kwame Brown (especially the way he's been playing as of late) on the inside? They're also a horrible rebounding team...Even Lamar Odom would be a better big than anyone they have, and he plays small forward for us. As Lakers have been gearing up for the playoffs, they've shown signs of excellent defense and a potent offense. As the Suns have been gearing up for the playoffs, they've been playing really shitty (check their last 25 games). I dunno how you can claim to be a Laker fan and have that sorta' outlook on your own team...Have some faith, man...PeACe

hey ima fan and i can say "ya we'll kill em, kobe will go for 70, kwame will dominate etc.." but im being realistic, anything wrong with that?

as for our bigs in kwame and mihm we'll find out if they'll be effective in this series. Kwame has problems vs small teams, he tends to turn it over alot and who will he be guarding? diaw, thats a mismatch as kwame plays better man D vs bigs the shaqs and duncans etc..Diaw's more of a face-up to the hoop type guy ala odom and kwame tends to struggle vs those type of players..mihm is coming off injury and he might not have his timing down. im thinking our weakest spot is smush parker who cant deny penetration by guards..he hasnt all year, ive seen derek fuckin fisher burn him. Now thats bad. if he can stay in front of nash our D will be much better. the suns basically penetrate and when help comes they dish it out to the open guy for 3's, thats the majority of their offense and we'll have to play better pick n roll D.

im hoping parker can deny penetration, sasha can hit his open shots and kwame is the kwame we've been seeing lately but we havent been able to do this consistently so far. we need everyone to step up and click as a team defensively and offensively..if all those things happen 4 outta 7 times we win  8)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

hey ima fan and i can say "ya we'll kill em, kobe will go for 70, kwame will dominate etc.." but im being realistic, anything wrong with that?

You're being realistic in your mind...I personally think it's more realistic for the Lakers to win, especially due to Phil and Kobe's playoff experience, and the fact that Lakers have been the better team the last 2 months of the season...PeACe

LAKERS_FAN89

A and thiz is the first time we going to the playoffs with out shaq...thiz playoffs going be good we got phil back and kobe doing big thing with the new players we got 8)

GO LAKERS

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
A and thiz is the first time we going to the playoffs with out shaq...thiz playoffs going be good we got phil back and kobe doing big thing with the new players we got 8)

GO LAKERS

boy u aint neva lied,n u jus about at ur 200 point post :o 8)

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

GangstaBoogy

im expecting kobe to score 101 points tomorrow ;D
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

LAKERS_FAN89

GO LAKERS

boy u aint neva lied,n u jus about at ur 200 point post :o 8)
NBA HISTORY 8)

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!

^^ ;D  Kobe has to go inside 1st to his big guys, if his teammates start fucking up, then he could go for 100 points  ;D

Im Not going to be able to sleep tonight. I CAN'T WAIT till tomorrow.!!!  Good thing is an early game, I don't have to wait all day for the game. 8)

LAKERS_FAN89

^^ ;D  Kobe has to go inside 1st to his big guys, if his teammates start fucking up, then he could go for 100 points  ;D

Im Not going to be able to sleep tonight. I CAN'T WAIT till tomorrow.!!!  Good thing is an early game, I don't have to wait all day for the game. 8)
yeah i can't wait..is AT 12:30pm is going BE like other team playing so it might start about 12:48pm somewhere around there...GOLAKERS 8) 8) 8)

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!

yeah i can't wait..is AT 12:30pm is going BE like other team playing so it might start about 12:48pm somewhere around there...GOLAKERS 8) 8) 8)

damn gettin all technical wit the time,u too hood 8)
i wont trip if it dont start right at 12 30,thx for the heads up for real 8)

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

africas seed

• Muthafuckin' Don!

actually its more like 12:46 8)

LAKERS_FAN89

actually its more like 12:46 8)
YEAH CLOSED THO 8)