Poll

Who Will Advance?

Phoenix Suns
23 (41.1%)
Los Angeles Lakers
33 (58.9%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Author Topic: 2006 Playoffs ~Los Angeles Lakers (45-37) vs Phoenix Suns (54-28)~ Round 1.  (Read 16551 times)

wcsoldier

Very frustrating loss.... but I'm still confident, Kobe can't have two games like this one....

Now_Im_Not_Banned

It's alright guys, I'm not upset whatsoever at the way game 1 played out (besides that horrible missed call by the ref, which was a game-changing call). Kobe didn't take off AT ALL today, and it was a close game the whole way through. The offense was running more through Kwame than it was through Kobe, which tells me that we can demolish this team. Trust me, when Kobe plays, we will have complete control. Today showed me that our role players alone can compete with Phoenix, Odom, Kwame, Smush, EVEN LUKE all had a better game than Kobe. Game 2 should be extremely interesting, I think we're gunna come out visciously, I can't wait to see Phil's adjustments...I thought Kobe should have taken way more shots throughout the first 3 quarters, but I guess they're tryna establish that inside presence that Phoenix doesn't have...Next game should be all Kobe's, especially after he watches the tape, he's gunna come out KILLIN'...As for the refs, been saying it all season, thought it would change in the playoffs, but that call was ABSOLUTELY HORRENDOUS. Kobe driving into the lane with a chance to make it a 2 point game gets BASHED across the forehead and yet there is no whistle to be heard. Simply mind-boggling...At least we know our other players can step it up when needed, now all we need is Kobe to be his usual self, and the Suns are in the palm of our hands...Game 2 should be ours...PeACe

LAKERS_FAN89

yeah it was a good game by the LAKERS but we need it kobe point in those refs always giving lakers stuipd call o well but u saw that kobe was mad about that play and then kobe came from the timeout and bust a three point NOW that was a mean shot cause he was mad..and next game KOBE should be mad and hot all that dumb call and his going be HOT next yall just watch...CAUSE IT PAYBACK TIME!!!!

GO LAKERS

Doggystylin

the refs are being stupid hoes, that kobe slap was just unbelievable and another horrible call was when tim thomas obviously shoved smush i think it was and then went inside and charged odom or someone and got the 3 point play, wtf was that

africas seed

• Muthafuckin' Don!
the refs are being stupid hoes, that kobe slap was just unbelievable and another horrible call was when tim thomas obviously shoved smush i think it was and then went inside and charged odom or someone and got the 3 point play, wtf was that

yeah i remmeber that one but i dont think that call was too horrendous as they happen everytime. from replay though it seemed like an obvious call but i guess since odom turned sideways(which ur allowed to do to protect urself) the refs maybe thought he was moving. the only call that i think the refs missed was the slap in the face which wouldve given kobe two free throws and made it like a 2or 3 pt game.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

yeah i remmeber that one but i dont think that call was too horrendous as they happen everytime. from replay though it seemed like an obvious call but i guess since odom turned sideways(which ur allowed to do to protect urself) the refs maybe thought he was moving. the only call that i think the refs missed was the slap in the face which wouldve given kobe two free throws and made it like a 2or 3 pt game.

Yes. It would have made it a 2 point game with about a minute remaining...Phoenix then hit a three, it was a 5 point switch because of the piece of shit refs...Lakers will prevail, this was a very bearable loss. Wednesday... 8)

GangstaBoogy

not trying to blame the loss on the refs, but wtf? kobe ends up with a big ass knot on the side of his forehead - no call. sasha clearly hit that halfcourt shot - doesnt count? lol. and i hope that wasnt the lakers game plan, cuz we're gonna get swept playing like that. the playoffs is not the right time to try to develop kwame brown and sasha vujachic

my homegirl went to the game and sent me some pics. ill up em later for yall
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

rik

not trying to blame the loss on the refs, but wtf? kobe ends up with a big ass knot on the side of his forehead - no call. sasha clearly hit that halfcourt shot - doesnt count? lol. and i hope that wasnt the lakers game plan, cuz we're gonna get swept playing like that. the playoffs is not the right time to try to develop kwame brown and sasha vujachic

my homegirl went to the game and sent me some pics. ill up em later for yall
Kwame needs better post up moves. Dude is shooting the ball too far away from the basket. He needs to get closer for a easy lay up or dunk or get the foul call.

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
My bro tapped the game,i just saw the kobe no call and damn thats disgusting,u can see the bump on his head and shit after,he even points to it when talkin to those hater refs >:(,thats even worse then the no calls during that cleveland game in the regular season,amazing :grumpy:

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
well at least we know we can compete with a team like phoenix, that is a very good sign, game two should be even better

just imagine if like only 3 or 4 more of those shots dropped for kobe....next game should be great

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

mikeOG

• Quadruple OG
  • Muthafuckin' OG
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
game 1 was there for the taking and smush parker chocked, game 2 will be a blowout suns win. these lakers are very young..gotta add a reliable pg ala ron harper. the lakers arent that far away from being contenders.this team is a virgin..smush gauranteeing a laker victory didnt help since he his trash. die smush parker you fuckin NY reject, never liked his cocky accent..bench wamer

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
considering kobe didnt have a good game and tim thomas had a great one, lakers have good chances to win some games. I still think the suns gon take it in a long series, at least 6 games, maybe 7. the huge problem of the suns is that they lack big dudes obviously - so I wonder what the fucks up with mihm? will he be out for a long time? the lakers would really need mihm to dominate the paint, kwame just aint good enough
« Last Edit: April 24, 2006, 03:14:43 AM by 7 »
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
oh shit, i forgot about mihm. I wish he was healthy  :'( :'(  Suns don't have shit inside.

Kobe just had a bad game. The Lakers had the win in their hands but kobe just couldn't make shots in the 4th quarter.  :(

Lakers played BAD Defense in the 1st quarter. Smush needs to do a better job staying afront of Nash or who ever he's guarding.

Lakers just have to execute a little bit better on defense and make their OPEN shots.

TeeRaySix9Teen

Good game. The Lakers were in it till the end. The only problem i see for LA is this. They ARE the underdogs and the Suns do have homecourt advantage. Everybody knows game 1 is the easiest one to steal in a series. This was their best chance to steal one in Phoenix, it might be harder from here on out for LA. The good thing for them, they didnt get blown out. If they came out and got killed in game one their confidence as a team would be shot for the rest of the series. So at least they got somethin positive to build on for game 2, they competed.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

the playoffs is not the right time to try to develop kwame brown and sasha vujachic

Develop Kwame? Kwame has been one of our better players the second half of the season...And he didn't even play bad. He had 14 points and 6 rebounds which is all we really need from Kwame. Sasha barely played (11 minutes), Smush was playing almost the whole game. Smush also wasn't THAT bad, he did his part with 15 points, 2 steals, 6 rebounds, and only 1 turnover. Kobe was supposed to take the game over in the 4th, which he didn't...That's more to blame for our loss than anything (other than that stupid no-call by the ref)...PeACe