Poll

Who Will Advance?

Phoenix Suns
23 (41.1%)
Los Angeles Lakers
33 (58.9%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Author Topic: 2006 Playoffs ~Los Angeles Lakers (45-37) vs Phoenix Suns (54-28)~ Round 1.  (Read 16702 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

My bro tapped the game,i just saw the kobe no call and damn thats disgusting,u can see the bump on his head and shit after,he even points to it when talkin to those hater refs >:(,thats even worse then the no calls during that cleveland game in the regular season,amazing :grumpy:

Yea, we need to start a "Give Us A Chance" movement...LOL

Now_Im_Not_Banned

oh shit, i forgot about mihm. I wish he was healthy  :'( :'(  Suns don't have shit inside.

We would sweep them if Mihm was healthy. Maybe they'd steal one game, but we would DOMINATE them with Mihm and Kwame down low, exposing their soft interior defense, and bringing down every board against their undersized players...I was surprise that Mihm didn't play, I was hoping he'd be ready for the playoffs...But there's always the 2nd round. ;)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Good game. The Lakers were in it till the end. The only problem i see for LA is this. They ARE the underdogs and the Suns do have homecourt advantage. Everybody knows game 1 is the easiest one to steal in a series. This was their best chance to steal one in Phoenix, it might be harder from here on out for LA. The good thing for them, they didnt get blown out. If they came out and got killed in game one their confidence as a team would be shot for the rest of the series. So at least they got somethin positive to build on for game 2, they competed.

I don't think Game 1 is the easiest to steal, especially when you're dealing with Phil Jackson...He looks at the game from a psychological prospective, he's known to master adjustments, game 2 should be all Lakers. 8)

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I was angry all day yesterday.  >:(

Then I realized something. We did not play our best basketball yesterday. Granted the role players had good games but we made a lot of mistakes and almost won.

Our entry passes to the middle were god awful, resulting in turnovers yet we almost won.

Devean and Sasha commited stupid fouls 30 feet from the hoop but we almost won. (Why the fuck is Sasha out there anyways? He's useless.)

We collapsed to much on Nash going inside allowing open 3 point shooters in the 1st and 4th quarters. We defended that play better in the 2nd and 3rd quarters which helped us get back in the game.

We missed a ton of layups. Kwame and Odom missed a grip of layups and close baskets. I attribute that to nerves. I think next game they will calm down a bit. I thought they both had good games despite the blown layups, Odom really battled Marion on the glass and played with more passion than I've ever seen him play with as a Laker. Luke had a great game too. I don't even recognize him out there, it's like he's a totally different player.

Also, Kobe was colder than an eskimo's vagina, having the worst game he's had in months and still we almost won.

Our game plan was solid and if we stay at home with their shooters and settle down a bit, we'll take this series.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
yea game 2 on wednesday should be interesting

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

Now_Im_Not_Banned

I was angry all day yesterday.  >:(

Then I realized something. We did not play our best basketball yesterday. Granted the role players had good games but we made a lot of mistakes and almost won.

Our entry passes to the middle were god awful, resulting in turnovers yet we almost won.

Devean and Sasha commited stupid fouls 30 feet from the hoop but we almost won. (Why the fuck is Sasha out there anyways? He's useless.)

We collapsed to much on Nash going inside allowing open 3 point shooters in the 1st and 4th quarters. We defended that play better in the 2nd and 3rd quarters which helped us get back in the game.

We missed a ton of layups. Kwame and Odom missed a grip of layups and close baskets. I attribute that to nerves. I think next game they will calm down a bit. I thought they both had good games despite the blown layups, Odom really battled Marion on the glass and played with more passion than I've ever seen him play with as a Laker. Luke had a great game too. I don't even recognize him out there, it's like he's a totally different player.

Also, Kobe was colder than an eskimo's vagina, having the worst game he's had in months and still we almost won.

Our game plan was solid and if we stay at home with their shooters and settle down a bit, we'll take this series.

I agree...Other than the fact that Sasha is useless... Sasha actually did his part, he hit the 3 to give us the lead and hit that half court shot that coulda' been counted. He plays with passion...And though Kwame and Odom did miss some easy lay-ups, overall they both had good games...Kobe definitely had one of his worst games this year though, and that's why I think we can easily take advantage of this series...PeACe

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
Sasha actually did his part, he hit the 3 to give us the lead and hit that half court shot that coulda' been counted.
Your joking, right? If you've seen it in slow motion (which abc showed) he was clearly still touching the ball when the buzzer went off. Although he does deserve it for sheer effort IMHO. :(

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
I didn't want to start another Laker thread so I'll just ask here. Would it be in the Lakers best interest to play the Clippers or the Nuggets in the second round?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Sasha actually did his part, he hit the 3 to give us the lead and hit that half court shot that coulda' been counted.
Your joking, right? If you've seen it in slow motion (which abc showed) he was clearly still touching the ball when the buzzer went off. Although he does deserve it for sheer effort IMHO. :(

Kidding? I said it COULDA', not shoulda'...I think it happened too fast to see if the ball was still touching his hand, it all looks like one big blur when it's paused. They probably made the right decision, but it coulda' went either way...

Now_Im_Not_Banned

I didn't want to start another Laker thread so I'll just ask here. Would it be in the Lakers best interest to play the Clippers or the Nuggets in the second round?

Both would be just as tough, in different ways. Overall, I'd prefer to play the Clippers... 7 home games (basically), and a great town-rival. Lakers will also re-establish why Los Angeles is Laker town...Nuggets would be cool too though, but I'm going for the Clippers...PeACe

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster

Kidding? I said it COULDA', not shoulda'...I think it happened too fast to see if the ball was still touching his hand, it all looks like one big blur when it's paused. They probably made the right decision, but it coulda' went either way...
My bad, maybe I need some reading glasses. But I think it works like football, where they need overwhelming evidence. Like you said it was blurred.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster

Both would be just as tough, in different ways. Overall, I'd prefer to play the Clippers... 7 home games (basically), and a great town-rival. Lakers will also re-establish why Los Angeles is Laker town...Nuggets would be cool too though, but I'm going for the Clippers...PeACe
Playing the Nuggets=Home Court Advantage.
On the other hand, nothing would be crazier then a LA vs LA series, but the Lakers wouldn't be getting an advantage for playing at home (or a disadvantage for playing "on the road").

Now_Im_Not_Banned

On the other hand, nothing would be crazier then a LA vs LA series, but the Lakers wouldn't be getting an advantage for playing at home (or a disadvantage for playing "on the road").

Like I said, a series vs. the Clippers would be even more of a home-court advantage. Every game against the Clippers is basically a home game. Also, don't forget that we don't have to fly back and forth to Denver and LA, which is a huge advantage on its own...I'm going for Clippers all the way, because the series would be better and because of the 7-home-games/comfortability issue...PeACe

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster

Like I said, a series vs. the Clippers would be even more of a home-court advantage. Every game against the Clippers is basically a home game. Also, don't forget that we don't have to fly back and forth to Denver and LA, which is a huge advantage on its own...I'm going for Clippers all the way, because the series would be better and because of the 7-home-games/comfortability issue...PeACe
Don't be too sure that every game is a home game. People that paid money to see the Clippers are probably Clipper fans. The 7-home-games would give the Lakers an advantage (since there is no travel) over whoever is in the Western Finals (which the Lakers will need). Do the Clippers get any advanatge in this series since technically they are the home team? (like more practice time or whatever) Cause if no then I'm definalty hoping for an LA vs. LA series.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Don't be too sure that every game is a home game. People that paid money to see the Clippers are probably Clipper fans. The 7-home-games would give the Lakers an advantage (since there is no travel) over whoever is in the Western Finals (which the Lakers will need). Do the Clippers get any advanatge in this series since technically they are the home team? (like more practice time or whatever) Cause if no then I'm definalty hoping for an LA vs. LA series.

Dude, I've been to Clipper home games vs. the Lakers. It seems like over 60% of the fans are Laker fans, and the number is gunna be even higher in the playoffs...Staples Center is ours, it'll be a huge advantage for us...PeACe