Poll

Who Will Advance?

Phoenix Suns
23 (41.1%)
Los Angeles Lakers
33 (58.9%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Author Topic: 2006 Playoffs ~Los Angeles Lakers (45-37) vs Phoenix Suns (54-28)~ Round 1.  (Read 16734 times)

LAKERS_FAN89

I didn't want to start another Laker thread so I'll just ask here. Would it be in the Lakers best interest to play the Clippers or the Nuggets in the second round?

Both would be just as tough, in different ways. Overall, I'd prefer to play the Clippers... 7 home games (basically), and a great town-rival. Lakers will also re-establish why Los Angeles is Laker town...Nuggets would be cool too though, but I'm going for the Clippers...PeACe
Playing the Nuggets=Home Court Advantage.
On the other hand, nothing would be crazier then a LA vs LA series, but the Lakers wouldn't be getting an advantage for playing at home (or a disadvantage for playing "on the road").

Like I said, a series vs. the Clippers would be even more of a home-court advantage. Every game against the Clippers is basically a home game. Also, don't forget that we don't have to fly back and forth to Denver and LA, which is a huge advantage on its own...I'm going for Clippers all the way, because the series would be better and because of the 7-home-games/comfortability issue...PeACe
Don't be too sure that every game is a home game. People that paid money to see the Clippers are probably Clipper fans. The 7-home-games would give the Lakers an advantage (since there is no travel) over whoever is in the Western Finals (which the Lakers will need). Do the Clippers get any advanatge in this series since technically they are the home team? (like more practice time or whatever) Cause if no then I'm definalty hoping for an LA vs. LA series.

Dude, I've been to Clipper home games vs. the Lakers. It seems like over 60% of the fans are Laker fans, and the number is gunna be even higher in the playoffs...Staples Center is ours, it'll be a huge advantage for us...PeACe
HOMIE THAT ALWAYS WILL BE OUR HOOD HOUSE..LAKERS RUNNIG SHIT BITCH 8)

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
I didn't want to start another Laker thread so I'll just ask here. Would it be in the Lakers best interest to play the Clippers or the Nuggets in the second round?

Both would be just as tough, in different ways. Overall, I'd prefer to play the Clippers... 7 home games (basically), and a great town-rival. Lakers will also re-establish why Los Angeles is Laker town...Nuggets would be cool too though, but I'm going for the Clippers...PeACe
On the other hand, nothing would be crazier then a LA vs LA series, but the Lakers wouldn't be getting an advantage for playing at home (or a disadvantage for playing "on the road").

Like I said, a series vs. the Clippers would be even more of a home-court advantage. Every game against the Clippers is basically a home game. Also, don't forget that we don't have to fly back and forth to Denver and LA, which is a huge advantage on its own...I'm going for Clippers all the way, because the series would be better and because of the 7-home-games/comfortability issue...PeACe
Don't be too sure that every game is a home game. People that paid money to see the Clippers are probably Clipper fans. The 7-home-games would give the Lakers an advantage (since there is no travel) over whoever is in the Western Finals (which the Lakers will need). Do the Clippers get any advanatge in this series since technically they are the home team? (like more practice time or whatever) Cause if no then I'm definalty hoping for an LA vs. LA series.

Dude, I've been to Clipper home games vs. the Lakers. It seems like over 60% of the fans are Laker fans, and the number is gunna be even higher in the playoffs...Staples Center is ours, it'll be a huge advantage for us...PeACe
What I'm thinking is that this is a diffrent situtation. During the regular season most people go to Clipper home games to root for the Lakers. But no one bought the Clippers playoff tickets knowing that they were going to play the Lakers (if they do). These are people that actually want to see the Clippers play, so I'm guessing these are the real Clipper fans.

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
did yall watch the clipper game yesturday? deezam they came out hungry and straight up out worked denver,great game played by the clippers,this is one of the first times ive watched them play all year, nice team,im sayin Clippers in 5 (against denver)

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

Now_Im_Not_Banned

What I'm thinking is that this is a diffrent situtation. During the regular season most people go to Clipper home games to root for the Lakers. But no one bought the Clippers playoff tickets knowing that they were going to play the Lakers (if they do). These are people that actually want to see the Clippers play, so I'm guessing these are the real Clipper fans.

Wrong...A majority of people don't buy playoff tickets until the 2nd round match-up is decided. What if the Clippers don't even make the 2nd round? Most fans don't waste their money if they're not sure of what they're going to see...Sure, there's gunna be a grip of Clipper fans (mostly season-ticket holders), but the Laker fans will overshaddow them, as they always have in LA...PeACe

Now_Im_Not_Banned

did yall watch the clipper game yesturday? deezam they came out hungry and straight up out worked denver,great game played by the clippers,this is one of the first times ive watched them play all year, nice team,im sayin Clippers in 5 (against denver)

Clippers are playing great. Carmelo needs to step his game up in the playoffs...Denever's also a good team, they're gunna fight back and win a game or two...But the Clippers are simply better and will advance comfortably.

TeeRaySix9Teen

Good game. The Lakers were in it till the end. The only problem i see for LA is this. They ARE the underdogs and the Suns do have homecourt advantage. Everybody knows game 1 is the easiest one to steal in a series. This was their best chance to steal one in Phoenix, it might be harder from here on out for LA. The good thing for them, they didnt get blown out. If they came out and got killed in game one their confidence as a team would be shot for the rest of the series. So at least they got somethin positive to build on for game 2, they competed.

I don't think Game 1 is the easiest to steal, especially when you're dealing with Phil Jackson...He looks at the game from a psychological prospective, he's known to master adjustments, game 2 should be all Lakers. 8)

game 1 is ALWAYS the easiest one to steal, particularly in a seeding matchup like 7 vs 2 or 8 vs 1. That doesnt mean LA cant win game 2, its just much easier to beat a team thats better then you in game 1. Like i said, the good thing for yall is that Kobe didnt have a great game, and you guys can still play better then you did...and you were still in it. Bad thing is, i think Phoenix can play better too. Game 2 should be good tho.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster

Wrong...A majority of people don't buy playoff tickets until the 2nd round match-up is decided. What if the Clippers don't even make the 2nd round? Most fans don't waste their money if they're not sure of what they're going to see...Sure, there's gunna be a grip of Clipper fans (mostly season-ticket holders), but the Laker fans will overshaddow them, as they always have in LA...PeACe
I wasn't wrong because I never claimed that what I said was true. I was just speculating and questioing (so I could get an answer out of you). Thanks for clearing that up. It's definatly going to backed with Lakers fans (assuming they play each other).

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
i'm actually looking forward to this game,Kobe should come out strong as fuck and Nash never dissapoints.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Game 2 Tonight...

Lakers @ Phoenix
7:30 PM (Pacific) on TNT and KCal 9.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
Game 2 Tonight...

Lakers @ Phoenix
7:30 PM (Pacific) on TNT and KCal 9.
:banana_trippin: I'm probably going to miss the begining, but I should be able to catch the entire second half.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Revised Starting 5:

Lakers Starting 5:                           Suns Starting 5:
PG Smush Parker-------------------------PG Steve Nash
SG Kobe Bryant---------------------------SG Raja Bell
SF Luke Walton---------------------------SF Shawn Marion
PF Lamar Odom---------------------------PF Tim Thomas
C Kwame Brown--------------------------C Boris Diaw

Revised Bench:

Lakers Bench:                                     Suns Bench:
PG Sasha Vujacic/Aaron McKie-------------PG Eddie House
SG Jim Jackson-------------------------------SG Leandro Barbosa/Dijon Thompshon
SF Devean George---------------------------SF James Jones/Nikoloz Tskitishvili
PF Brian Cook/Ronny Turiaf-----------------PF Pat Burke
C Chris Mihm/Andrew Bynum---------------C Brian Grant

LAKERS_FAN89

good game last time by luke..i hope he keep it up 8)

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
you guys think Bynum will get any playing time in the playoffs?

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

LAKERS_FAN89

well i don't think so cause this is the playoffs and i think he still need to play more and learn more but if lakers get a good lead phli could take bynum for a minute lol

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!

well i don't think so cause this is the playoffs and i think he still need to play more and learn more but if lakers get a good lead phli could take bynum for a minute lol

yea,he prolly just gonna be sittin on the bench and observin,unless they build up a lead or sumthin