Author Topic: R.I.P Hyphy Movement, Jan 06-April 06  (Read 1808 times)

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
R.I.P Hyphy Movement, Jan 06-April 06
« on: April 20, 2006, 12:59:56 PM »
It had it's hype, but is now good as dead.  I guess that's what happens when you just jack the crunk style and rename it

it was wack anyway, no loss

G FUNK
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
Re: R.I.P Hyphy Movement, Jan 06-April 06
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2006, 01:03:44 PM »
G FUNK
Fuck G-Funk too. That shit is done and played out (at least it lasted longer then a month).

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2006, 01:05:20 PM »
G FUNK
Fuck G-Funk too. That shit is done and played out (at least it lasted longer then a month).

LOL, yet if SNoop, Dre, DPG were a drop a GFUNK track nigga would bust nuts over it(no homo)
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

IzUwitIt

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2006, 01:11:16 PM »
how the fuck can anybody say fuck g-funk?

as for hyphy i never liked it anyway

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2006, 01:12:10 PM »
G FUNK

LOL, yet if SNoop, Dre, DPG were a drop a GFUNK track nigga would bust nuts over it(no homo)
DPG DOES drop G-Funk tracks and it is one of the reasons I don't even pay attention to them dudes anymore. If Dre dropped a hyphy track you would probably bust a nut too. Dre dropped a G-Funk track, then yeah maybe I would "bust nuts over it(no homo)" as you put it. The reason: This is Dre we're talking about. Anything he touches is gold; you know it will be good. As for Snoop Dogg, hell no I wouldn't care if he dropped a G-Funk track. The reason I like Snoop is because he is isn't afriad to do something new. There is always something to look forward to, not the same old thing (unlike a dude like Daz or Kurupt).

youngmessnucca

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2006, 01:13:00 PM »
people got the wrong perception of what the "movement" was. E-40 & BME were foolish to put that phrase up into the video. There are very few Bay Area artists who even do hyphy music ( E-40, Keak, The A'z, Sick Wid It, Mistah Fab ). If it was called the Bay Area movement, more attention would have been payed, even though the Federation did just sign a multi-million dollar deal with Warner. Groups and artists like The Team, Bailey, Ya Boy, Turf Talk, Balance, San Quinn, The Jacka and others are who should be having the attention put on them. The hyphy stuff is cool, it was just blown outta proportion because it was labeled as a movement, which is what it was never supposed to be in the first place. There are alot of diverse styles in the Bay, but with people thinking all they have to off is hyphy....then R.I.P.

BTW The Team sold 4,000 records in 2 weeks, not bad for an unknown group

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2006, 01:13:27 PM »
The old stuff is all gravy, but do you still listen to new G-Funk?

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2006, 01:16:07 PM »

as for hyphy i never liked it anyway

Basicly how I feel...

G-funk is all I listen to still...on behalf of the west.

i love men who take pictures with their booty's out

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You know you want me.
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2006, 02:05:45 PM »

aint e-40 and keak performin on 106th 2day...

TOOTHBRUSH

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • dpg production
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2006, 02:14:47 PM »
people got the wrong perception of what the "movement" was. E-40 & BME were foolish to put that phrase up into the video. There are very few Bay Area artists who even do hyphy music ( E-40, Keak, The A'z, Sick Wid It, Mistah Fab ). If it was called the Bay Area movement, more attention would have been payed, even though the Federation did just sign a multi-million dollar deal with Warner. Groups and artists like The Team, Bailey, Ya Boy, Turf Talk, Balance, San Quinn, The Jacka and others are who should be having the attention put on them. The hyphy stuff is cool, it was just blown outta proportion because it was labeled as a movement, which is what it was never supposed to be in the first place. There are alot of diverse styles in the Bay, but with people thinking all they have to off is hyphy....then R.I.P.

i didn't know that about the feds! good shit they could really blow up the hyphy shit
"its tha pimp of tha crew soopafly comin through wit a dick and a couple balls just to name a few"-soopafly

Big_Ron

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2006, 02:32:47 PM »
The next artist to release an album will definitely blow up.

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2006, 02:33:16 PM »

Yeah The Teams album made it in the Billboard charts, both the Independent and the regular Hip Hop charts. thats pretty big
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2006, 02:52:27 PM »

I feel what you are sayin as far as callin it a "movement"....however, the Bay has a MUCH better chance of blowing up under a specific style or sound, such as hyphy is, versus just comin out with various styles. The reason people outside the west are interested in hyphy music is because it sounds different from a lot of the music out there. Most people in the south aren't really lookin to hear Bay rappers who are dope lyricists, or who sound similar to anything heard before. Basically, the only reason the bay, and the west have any attention right now is because of hyphy. One reason L.A. has been dead is because there are too many different styles coming out, and nothing at all is distinct.

And for hyphy bein dead, yeaaah right...it's just now startin to pick up steam. I am in Florida, and people are jockin the dances and "Tell me when to go" hard as hell. All it needs to build up and stay alive is a few more tracks to get pumped nationwide.

Active Ingredient

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • wake up in tha mornin with my lucky charms cereal
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2006, 02:56:19 PM »
just appreciate g-funk and hyphy shit for what it is and be thankful you're listening to it in the first place, even if u like 1 more than the other

"I keep it gangsta for the kids" -Goldie Loc

The King Of L.A

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • FUCK YOU !!!
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2006, 03:29:16 PM »
wasnt the team sign to upstairs records ......were lil rob is from