Author Topic: R.I.P Hyphy Movement, Jan 06-April 06  (Read 1806 times)

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
Re: R.I.P Hyphy Movement, Jan 06-April 06
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2006, 11:55:18 PM »
it is what it is to you man

'EclipZe

« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2006, 12:48:29 AM »
that the team album is dope  8) btw, when is e-40's new single comin out with t-pain?

XL Middleton

• Crown City Entertainment
  • Muthafuckin' OG
  • www.xlmiddleton.com
« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2006, 12:56:05 AM »
i just wanna know, what do you all mean when you say "g-funk" because i have a feeling that different ppl mean different things when they say it, like some ppl may think it's basically anything from warren g or old deathrow or anything derived directly from that, but other ppl might just mean any kind of melodic kick back west coast party music such as quik or battlecat.  i tend of think of g-funk as the former and as such, yeah it's dead but that quik/battlecat shit still has a chance in my opinion, even if it aint super poppin right now.
XLMIDDLETON.COM
TWITTER.COM/XLMIDDLETON
FACEBOOK.COM/XLMIDDLETON
YOUTUBE.COM/XLMIDDLETONMUSIC
MYSPACE.COM/XLMIDDLETON

Native_Joe99

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2006, 01:40:50 AM »
that the team album is dope  8) btw, when is e-40's new single comin out with t-pain?
his new single already came out, who ever said the hyphee movement is jus starting is on cue, i live in seattle, and e-40 and keak da sneak are already having their second sold out concert in less than 2 months here, also too short was at the radio station 2day!, talkin bout hyphy this hyphee that. MTV jus did a show dedicated to the hyphy movement, where he rode around with 2 short talkin e-a-ski, and san quinn joinin the band wagon and quinn is comin hard from frisco. people better watch out its silent now, but its about to blow up hella hard, then all yall will be on their nutz.

D1G1T4L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Digital Productions
« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2006, 01:46:47 AM »

Okka

« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2006, 01:53:22 AM »
how the fuck can anybody say fuck g-funk?

as for hyphy i never liked it anyway

Native_Joe99

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2006, 02:11:58 AM »
how the fuck can anybody say fuck g-funk?

as for hyphy i never liked it anyway
anyone who thinks g-funk is still alive, is like one of those guys who walks around with a leash in his hand and no dog....

SGV

« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2006, 07:11:52 AM »
I don't look at Quik's current music as G-Funk. He once made G-Funk, but dude re-invents himself and his sound as the years go by. A dude like Battlecat or Warren G are making the same ass music to me, and that's played out ass G-Funk. I can say fuck G-Funk because, well, G-Funk hasn't been worthwhile for damn near 10 years now. I'm all for remembering the classics, but there comes a time where you just have to let go.

Houston has a different sound than they did 10 years ago. Miami has a different sound than they did 10 years ago. Chicago, New York, Philly, The Bay, etc. ALL have different sounds and their fans are loving it. But in L.A., switch your sound, you've sold out. You're not true to the West Coast. You're now wack.

kingwell

« Reply #38 on: April 21, 2006, 07:47:57 AM »
Why do y'all always compare G-Funk to Hyphy???? G-Funk is dead since the late 90's and after that I dont know what era it was but it certainly wasnt G-Funk...and about Hyphy...how can it be dead if its been out since a few months only? give it time to grow on peeps.

After the G-Funk era, I believe the era that began was called "Down South" and "East Coast".   :P :P :P

Diabolical

« Reply #39 on: April 21, 2006, 08:24:07 AM »
From what Ive read about Hyphy on other sites it sounds like ass.

Eihtball

« Reply #40 on: April 21, 2006, 08:24:31 AM »
Hyphy and G-Funk aren't gangsta rap and there is nothin wrong with that.

What?  G-Funk is pretty much THE definitive sound of gangsta rap.  Which isn't to say only gangsta rappers used it (Warren G wasn't that gangsta), but yeah, G-Funk mostly definitely = West Coast gangsta rap.

Houston has a different sound than they did 10 years ago. Miami has a different sound than they did 10 years ago. Chicago, New York, Philly, The Bay, etc. ALL have different sounds and their fans are loving it. But in L.A., switch your sound, you've sold out. You're not true to the West Coast. You're now wack.

Real talk +1.  L.A. is still livin' like it's '95 and cats wonder why their records ain't selling?  It's cause they're irrelevent, why else?

Although SOME cats manage to re-invent themselves without being called "wack", Quik being a good example.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2006, 08:26:42 AM by RBXtra (Rough Is The Texture) »

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #41 on: April 21, 2006, 08:29:30 AM »
DEAD? Either you don't get out or you're a HATER. You have no idea what's taking place....We're only in PRE-SEASON!!!!! Mistah Fab is getting signed as we speak. 40 and Keak will be on 106th & Park PERFORMING "Tell me when to go" with the dancers from the video Today. The clubs are going KRAYZIE rite now with this shit, from the bay to LA to Daygo, ask anyone who's actually out there, like SGV above. You gotta be in the streets to feel the movement, you ain't gonna see it just because the E-40 topics died down on the forums. It's bigger than that, it's huge right now, the West Coast has to stand up cuzz we got something going here. LA has shown much love recently, look at this video from Long Beach for example:

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=619403635&n=2

^ SHIT IS NUTS!!!!! Tell me this ain't a movement!!!!!!! It's only getting started, trust me! 40 and Short aren't doing this for selfish reasons, they are passing the torch and opening all the doors, sit back and watch us shine!

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #42 on: April 21, 2006, 08:36:03 AM »
And like I said....you idiots that aren't OUT THERE have no idea what the difference of CRUNK & Hyphy is. It's different, from the culture to the dances to the slang to the swagger and the way everyone carries themselves. But at the same time, both sides enjoy each other's company. It's a beautiful thing and all you no life ass square bears that are criticizing it need to get slapped the fuck up because the sides JOINED forces, who the fuck are y'all to say anything about it? Look at the positives!!!! Federation gettin signed to Warner Borthers too, mann, we ain't even done with the appetizer of the movement!! It's bout to be summer time, shit is going down!!!!!!!!!!!!

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #43 on: April 21, 2006, 08:50:13 AM »
LOL, this hyphy wackness was just a a cheap imitation of crunk, which sucks too, just so the Bay could be on the map

shit is just garbage, and I'm sorry but when E-40 is leading charge it's NOT goign to blow, same with Too Short

new niggas need to blow it up, and it won't, like when LIl Jon led the crunk charge
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

HD

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WCCWF Champion
« Reply #44 on: April 21, 2006, 09:04:39 AM »
it better be dead