Author Topic: R.I.P Hyphy Movement, Jan 06-April 06  (Read 1799 times)

WestCoasta

Re: R.I.P Hyphy Movement, Jan 06-April 06
« Reply #45 on: April 21, 2006, 09:10:02 AM »
 :laugh: @ dragging these 'genres' through the mud...

u don't like Hyphy, don't fuckin listen to it

and  :laugh: @ people 'fuck G-Funk' just because that's what everyone else is saying

Bay Area Jat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fremont A's
« Reply #46 on: April 21, 2006, 09:11:36 AM »
40 water and keak gonna be on 106 and park performing 2nite. SUCK A DICK HATERS!!! THE BIGGITY BAY IS IN THE BUILDING.
I've forgot more about music and sports than you will ever know!!!

d-nice

« Reply #47 on: April 21, 2006, 11:32:11 AM »
Hyphy and G-Funk aren't gangsta rap and there is nothin wrong with that.

What?  G-Funk is pretty much THE definitive sound of gangsta rap.  Which isn't to say only gangsta rappers used it (Warren G wasn't that gangsta), but yeah, G-Funk mostly definitely = West Coast gangsta rap.

I meant to say Hyphy. Thanks for the correction. My point is that west coast is west coast. I go on other forums that support their regions music and I don't see half the amount of complaining about the music as west coast fans do. It's like we aint never satisfied

guncoke

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #48 on: April 21, 2006, 11:37:48 AM »
i hear hyphy songs on the radio all the time. and i'm not from the bay area.

XL Middleton

• Crown City Entertainment
  • Muthafuckin' OG
  • www.xlmiddleton.com
« Reply #49 on: April 21, 2006, 12:05:49 PM »
Houston has a different sound than they did 10 years ago. Miami has a different sound than they did 10 years ago. Chicago, New York, Philly, The Bay, etc. ALL have different sounds and their fans are loving it. But in L.A., switch your sound, you've sold out. You're not true to the West Coast. You're now wack.

man this is real talk right here dogg...the problem is that LA hasn't created a new sound that's all their own, all we've been doing is trying to make LA crunk music or rap on LA Kanye West beats and rap with that east coast jiggaman swagger...hyphy is blowin up cuz its a new sound and its particular to that region so its like they didnt bite off no one they made up their own shit, that's what we need down here not "rock the chain/ pop ya brain/ cop the range" fabolous imitators lol...
XLMIDDLETON.COM
TWITTER.COM/XLMIDDLETON
FACEBOOK.COM/XLMIDDLETON
YOUTUBE.COM/XLMIDDLETONMUSIC
MYSPACE.COM/XLMIDDLETON

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #50 on: April 21, 2006, 12:47:52 PM »
DEAD? Either you don't get out or you're a HATER. You have no idea what's taking place....We're only in PRE-SEASON!!!!! Mistah Fab is getting signed as we speak. 40 and Keak will be on 106th & Park PERFORMING "Tell me when to go" with the dancers from the video Today. The clubs are going KRAYZIE rite now with this shit, from the bay to LA to Daygo, ask anyone who's actually out there, like SGV above. You gotta be in the streets to feel the movement, you ain't gonna see it just because the E-40 topics died down on the forums. It's bigger than that, it's huge right now, the West Coast has to stand up cuzz we got something going here. LA has shown much love recently, look at this video from Long Beach for example:

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=619403635&n=2

^ SHIT IS NUTS!!!!! Tell me this ain't a movement!!!!!!! It's only getting started, trust me! 40 and Short aren't doing this for selfish reasons, they are passing the torch and opening all the doors, sit back and watch us shine!

i was fully expectin u to come in here and type in all caps! lol

Yeah i dont see how that Hyphy shit is dead. Its just barely gettin started basically. Lil Jon was puttin out "Crunk" music far before it actually blew up on a national level. He was doin that shit down south way longer then 40, or anybody has been puttin out this Hyphy shit...and it took him a minute before it actually hit. If a year or 2 goes by and theres no word of Hyphy music...then u can call it dead. But for right now, u cant really make a fair judgement of it.

Quadruple OG

« Reply #51 on: April 21, 2006, 03:05:53 PM »

when hyphy hits the burbs, then you know it's gonna blow soon

Native_Joe99

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #52 on: April 21, 2006, 07:59:25 PM »

alright man, i gotta hand it to ya, man if i could give ya props i would, that shit is funny fuck!!!!!

i still luv da bay but that shit is klownin!

We Fly High

« Reply #53 on: April 21, 2006, 08:25:47 PM »

wow that is some gay ass shit. who the hell even has time to be doing bullshit like that.

J Bananas

« Reply #54 on: April 21, 2006, 08:31:00 PM »

wow that is some gay ass shit. who the hell even has time to be doing bullshit like that.

I'm hanging out of my friends range rover as we speak rocking my head to "no seatbelts", simaltaneously chatting on my laptop here at dubcc, its bay life bitch

Glendale

• 'G'
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #55 on: April 22, 2006, 12:11:04 AM »
R.I.P hyphy music? bullshit. i aint from the bay and theres hella spins on the radio of san quinn, federation, keak, 40, and all that shit in my city. you either are a loser who doesnt get out, or just a straight up hater. gotta be dumb to not see it GROWING rather than dying/being dead. mistah fab and that whole yellow bus shit is blowin up here in portland. and in clubs, cats got dreads, rock stunna shades, and grip of ppls be trying to ghost ride there whips up here in the streets, hyphy movement is growin if anything, get it right
"Got niggas head's dividin faster than nerds at a calculus convention/see i school niggas, then i afterschool niggas like detention." -  Ras Kass   

"You got Soldiers, but you still Gotta respect ours, We got more 'Four Fives and Nines' than A deck of cards" - L. Banks

Diabolical

« Reply #56 on: April 22, 2006, 01:00:36 PM »

I'm hanging out of my friends range rover as we speak rocking my head to "no seatbelts", simaltaneously chatting on my laptop here at dubcc, its bay life bitch

WORD!

Dubz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #57 on: April 22, 2006, 04:51:19 PM »
^haha does anybody be ghostridin in scotland homeboi?

DAYUM

« Reply #58 on: April 22, 2006, 05:01:00 PM »
fuck the west coast haters

Diabolical

« Reply #59 on: April 22, 2006, 05:04:32 PM »
Fa sho, them ghostriders be in the sky.