Author Topic: R.I.P Hyphy Movement, Jan 06-April 06  (Read 1801 times)

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
Re: R.I.P Hyphy Movement, Jan 06-April 06
« Reply #75 on: April 23, 2006, 05:29:02 PM »
I can't be bumpin this depressin gangsta rap 24/7.
:laugh: .... now anything G-Funk that was made is depressing and gangsta?

Plus what you mean Eazy E ain't gonna get the party started???

I'll guarantee it'll get a party crackin, just won't make you go dumb.  :P

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #76 on: April 23, 2006, 07:28:32 PM »
The crowd on 106 and Park was DEAD when e-40 performed

LOL
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

Sikotic™

« Reply #77 on: April 23, 2006, 07:31:33 PM »
I think in order for it to actually be a movement, it would have to catch on outside of where it was created.....neva happened

G-Funk beats it anyday.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #78 on: April 23, 2006, 07:33:56 PM »
It's all about sales with a movement, and e40 hasn't moved shit after the first week sales

he won't even go gold

hyphy is wackness and flopped, you SMELL me?
« Last Edit: April 23, 2006, 07:35:45 PM by Quik is the Name »

dubee

• 'G'
  • "it dont matta, as long as my pocket gets fatta"
« Reply #79 on: April 23, 2006, 07:59:13 PM »
It's all about sales with a movement, and e40 hasn't moved shit after the first week sales

he won't even go gold

if you really talk this much shit in person your prolly bound to get your ass whoopedd. i havent heard niggas slap g-funk for days cuddy....sorrrrrry

youngmessnucca

« Reply #80 on: April 23, 2006, 08:39:04 PM »

he won't even go gold

you got it twisted, hyphy is way more than just one album, one artist, hell it even goes beyond the borders of music. that hyphy stuff is a way of life for alot of bay area people that arent even involved with rap. I personally am not too much into super hyphy styled music, but I respect it for what it is: music that will bring attention back to the bay and in trun, back to the west in general. As of right now, no new LA artists are making noise outside of Cali, while The Team, Fab, Federation and E-40 ( who is being looked at as a new artist basically ) are all getting the attention from the majors. Once these deals are in place, artists from the Bay will be able to put out music truer too themselves which is not that hyphy shit. Plus, for mainstream America, "hyphy" is a brand new phenomenom...Gangsta rap & Crunk/Buck rap didn't start doing crazy numbers right away, as for the rest of the nation they are just learning about the bay in the last few months. Maybe E-40 isnt the right artist to pick up major sales ( he still gonna do at LEAST 400K ), maybe The Federation, Ya Boy, Messy Marv or Mistah Fab will do it, it just has to take time. It's definitley picking up steam daily on the East Coast which is big, and E-40 had a song on NY radio regular rotation for the first time EVER. Theve been playing The Federation & Quinn on Hot 97, Keak Da Sneak & Turf Talk videos are getting spins on MTV2 & MTV Jams. This is something that is gonna have to take time, it could be over the summer, it could be next year. All Im saying is dont be so quick to dismiss something and call it dead when it really only just started breathing

MarshColin

« Reply #81 on: April 23, 2006, 10:36:20 PM »
You guys are dumb as fuck thinking Hyphy is dead. E-40 has sold 200,000 copies so far and his 2nd single which should be way bigger and appeal to a much wider audience hasn't even dropped yet. Keep hatin and living in the past. When a west coast rapper that isn't Snoop or Dre or Game outsells E-40 then you might have an arguement but until then shut your fuckin mouths. LA's biggest rapper at the moment is Game and he fucks with the Hyphy movement! You have no basis for calling hyphy dead when it's only got one album out so far pushin the movement on a national level. DJ Quik is smart enough to not do G-Funk anymore so take some fuckin notes little kids.

youngmessnucca

« Reply #82 on: April 23, 2006, 10:39:40 PM »
DJ Quik is smart enough to not do G-Funk anymore so take some fuckin notes little kids.

I dunno about that, Trauma was pretty fonky 8)

BizzyR.I.P.

« Reply #83 on: April 23, 2006, 10:41:23 PM »
DJ Quik is smart enough to not do G-Funk anymore so take some fuckin notes little kids.

I dunno about that, Trauma was pretty fonky 8)
Seriously, it wasn't your vintage G-Funk sound but it still had that funk.

WestCoasta

« Reply #84 on: April 23, 2006, 10:41:47 PM »
dat neega makes Q-Funk

nuff said

BizzyR.I.P.

« Reply #85 on: April 23, 2006, 10:43:56 PM »
Funk without the P just ain't funky enough for me 8)

doubletrouble™

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • .. ChErch! ..
« Reply #86 on: April 24, 2006, 12:33:37 AM »
Listening to my toilet flush>>>>>>>>>>>Listening to that Hyphy bullshit

GoldyLoc

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #87 on: April 24, 2006, 12:45:16 AM »
I hate the Crunk/Hyphy shit,okey its something new,something different,but its wack!!!

Native_Joe99

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #88 on: April 24, 2006, 07:30:18 PM »
I hate the Crunk/Hyphy shit,okey its something new,something different,but its wack!!!

you know to be truly "Westcoast" ya gotta luv all westcoast shit, i do, i don't be hatin on colors or dreads or whitebois, but ya gotta respect what you don't know, yeah alot of hyphee does sound like crunk, but think about it, who produced e-40 on ghetto report? Lil john.....so when you got the most enderated rappers in the game and the king of crunk, you gonna attract madd attention, no matter who you are, everybody has there own style, i ain't hatin on the bullshit you prolly listen to. probly bumpin pac like hes still here, and ITS BEEN 10 YEARS...and the hyphee movement is realy jus dedicated to the late mac dre, and thats someone i've been listening to for years and years, main point - DONT HATE WHAT YOU DONT KNOW!!!

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #89 on: April 25, 2006, 09:15:18 AM »