Author Topic: XXL slips up with Bubba  (Read 584 times)

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
XXL slips up with Bubba
« on: April 21, 2006, 11:35:45 AM »
 XXL slips and apologizes. Imagine conducting an interview with Bubba Sparxxx and dude drops the N-bomb. That's what happened...not! In the 8ball section of XXL magazine's May 2006 issue it quoted Bubba Sparxxx as saying, "My Nigga Kaine [of Ying Yang Twins] put the 'bootybootybootybooty' to the hook. [referring to Sparxxx's song "Miss New Booty."] The Georgian rapper immediately denied using the slur. Upon reviewing the tape, XXL couldn't "substantiate his use of this word." The mag consequently apologized for misquoting and embarrassing Bubba. Oops.

Source: SOHH

Well XXL has got Busta on the June/July Cover. I'm be waiting for that shit in the mail.

Diabolical

Re: XXL slips up with Bubba
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2006, 11:54:37 AM »
Why is it a slur when white people say it yet when black people say it no one even bothers.

Its clear, even if he did say it in, in the context it was misquoted the "remark" was not derogatory.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2006, 11:59:49 AM »
Why is it a slur when white people say it yet when black people say it no one even bothers.

Its clear, even if he did say it in, in the context it was misquoted the "remark" was not derogatory.

People would say its a disrespect when white people use it.

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2006, 01:39:30 PM »

dumb muthafucka,lol

Diabolical

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2006, 09:12:22 AM »
Care to elaborate?

T-Dub

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2006, 10:49:02 AM »

Ignorant racist white people have been saying it as a derogatory dehumanizing term for hundreds of years.  So regardless if white people are saying it now because they listen to hip-hop and think it's cool and "don't mean anything bad by it" it doesn't matter, it's best to keep it out of their mouths. ;)
« Last Edit: April 22, 2006, 10:57:39 AM by T-Dub »

dexter

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2006, 10:56:45 AM »

White people have been saying it as a derogatory dehumanizing term for hundreds of years.  So regardless if they are saying it now because they listen to hip-hop and think it's cool and "don't mean anything bad by it" it doesn't matter, it's best to keep it out of their mouths. ;)
RIGHT!

Diabolical

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2006, 11:16:50 AM »
I think it would be best if it stayed out of black people mouths too.

BigG

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2006, 11:54:37 AM »

To me the words a white persons word. Thats what they were saying during slavery. Black people shouldnt use it and neither should whites. Its a racist word period.
http://www.myspace.com/sickeyesbeats

^^Check out my westcoast beats

Sikotic™

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2006, 12:11:46 PM »
XXL must not be flying off the shelves.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

T-Dub

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2006, 02:16:44 PM »

Yeah that would be for the best as well.  But, just because there are blacks that say it does not mean that whites should go around saying it as well.  Because then they'll say well "I didn't mean to offend anyone" or "I'm not racist" Don't say things that particularly have racist connotations if you don't want to be looked at as a racist.

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2006, 10:40:05 AM »
The point here is, his new album sucks balls. Deliverance was dope, probably in the top 10 albums of that year but this new album is beyond disappointing  :'(

chill
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :

ABN

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2006, 10:41:55 AM »
The point here is, his new album sucks balls. Deliverance was dope, probably in the top 10 albums of that year but this new album is beyond disappointing  :'(

chill
Timbaland, enough said...........
« Last Edit: April 23, 2006, 11:13:45 AM by Pissin' On The Throne »

bez

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2006, 11:12:10 AM »
The N-Bomb!

LOLLOL

Love that expression!

Sikotic™

« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2006, 11:39:03 AM »

chill

Couldn't agree more.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE