Author Topic: 1 more month until The Da Vinci Code gets released...  (Read 1072 times)

Ðøšïå

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: 1 more month until The Da Vinci Code gets released...
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2006, 06:54:56 PM »
^^^^Yeah, Dan Brown's books are all page-turners. I like the way how he mixes an entertaining story-line with knowledge/facts...
I actually like "Angels & Demons" better than TDVC.

yes, i have angels and demons sitting right next to the code so i will be reading that one next.  ;D

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2006, 04:33:19 AM »
That's good to hear. You'll love it. Especially if you're interested in arts & history...Brown gives a lot of info about Italian architecture in Angels & Demons...

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2006, 06:22:00 AM »
^^^^Yeah, Dan Brown's books are all page-turners. I like the way how he mixes an entertaining story-line with knowledge/facts...

yes, i have angels and demons sitting right next to the code so i will be reading that one next.  ;D

angels and demons is wicked, it does get a little far fetched though. IMO its better than da vinchi code, at the mo im reading deception point, it seems pretty good so far.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Bramsterdam (see ya)

• UG HipHop Head
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2006, 08:02:07 AM »
Jean Reno!! GEAAh.. cant wait for it to come out

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2006, 08:41:09 AM »
angels and demons is wicked, it does get a little far fetched though. IMO its better than da vinchi code, at the mo im reading deception point, it seems pretty good so far.

Yeah, the ending of Angels & Demons is 100% unbelievable/far-fetched. Straight Hollywood material. But apart from that, it's really good...
I'm gonna buy Deception Point after my exams (mid-June).

bez

« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2006, 11:07:45 AM »
Cant wait for this.

Book was brilliant!

Don Seer

« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2006, 12:00:57 PM »

what about the fact that he's miseducating people too? so many now people "believe" things in the book are real which aren't.. they dont get its a work of fiction. thats what angers me the most.. seeing people at the great places asking "is this where such n such was killed".. and all the bloodline stuff which is proven fantasy..and the fact he lifted a lot of the story from someone else...

africas seed

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2006, 01:48:10 PM »

what about the fact that he's miseducating people too? so many now people "believe" things in the book are real which aren't.. they dont get its a work of fiction. thats what angers me the most.. seeing people at the great places asking "is this where such n such was killed".. and all the bloodline stuff which is proven fantasy..and the fact he lifted a lot of the story from someone else...

yeah it kinda hurts me too when ignorant ppl think this is actual facts relating to Jesus and Christianity. ive kinda learned to just brush it off though saying to myself that its not there fault that they dont know the truth. its sorta like when Jesus asked his Father to forgive the sinners as they dont know what their doing.

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2006, 03:03:29 AM »
Three more days! :) I can't wait to see this. The hype around this movie is just insane. Everywhere you look you see advertisements, trailers, promotional stunts, documentaries about Da Vinci on television, etc...unbelievable.

I'm looking forward to hear what Hans Zimmer will have come up with. His work is always top-notch (Gladiator to name one), and from what I hear in the trailer, the music in this film will be good too.

africas seed

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2006, 12:52:51 PM »
really looking forward to the movie as well. ive been anticipating this shit more than any other movie out there even more so than MI:3 and the james bond movies. movie should def break numerous records. i doubt it willl be anywhere near as good as the book but should still be good with great acting as well lead by tom hanks.

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2006, 10:44:17 AM »
Yeah, the acting should be on point. The story-line as well...normally they've adapted only a few scenes here & there since it wasn't quite possible to film it, but the film script is basically the same as the book.

And yeah, the movie will score big time in the box-office. I don't think it'll go near The Matrix-status, but still...there's a huuuge hype AND controversy around The Da Vinci Code. So add hype + controversy to a movie, and you get = $$$$

ABN

« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2006, 11:36:43 AM »
saw a documentary about the book on Discovery yesterday where they exposed a gang of lies and shit. LMFAO at the stupid motherfuckers taking ANYTHING said in the book seriously ;D

africas seed

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2006, 07:46:49 PM »
u gotta be partially mentally retarded or were just dropped on ur head as a baby to actual think this is what really happened or that the movie is based on facts. i think most ppl understand that its just a movie and will lool towards it the same they do with other fictional scripts like star wars.

ABN

« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2006, 04:33:10 AM »
u gotta be partially mentally retarded or were just dropped on ur head as a baby to actual think this is what really happened or that the movie is based on facts. i think most ppl understand that its just a movie and will lool towards it the same they do with other fictional scripts like star wars.
some of the people on Discovery actually thought that it was true lol.

africas seed

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2006, 10:36:49 AM »
some of the people on Discovery actually thought that it was true lol.

and there was also this show on discovery where ppl thought that aliens actual exist and inhabit earth and that they have interbred with humans :loco: