Author Topic: What's your Gods punishment for killing an animal?  (Read 322 times)

Trauma-san

Re: What's your Gods punishment for killing an animal?
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2006, 11:10:34 PM »
I ran over a raccoon tonight and killed his ass, his partner stopped before darting out in the road but this one wasnt very smart. Am I looking at any reprocussions or added jusgment from God here or am I ok?

You accidentally killed him with no malice or bad intentions in your heart, no fair god would hold you accountable for that.  It was an accident. 

The bible says that man was given dominion over all the animals, but like spiderman says with power comes responsibility.  I believe hunting and killing for food is alright morally but I can't really even get down with hunting for sport, I don't think it's right, and I believe that animals have souls.  Since we're more powerful (even if only mentally) than them, it's our responsibility to protect them however we reasonably can.  Accidentally running over them with a car, while sad, isn't going to send you to hell.  We unknowingly commit bigger sins than that every day of our life, if God can forgive us of those, surely he can forgive you for not being able to see a raccoon in the road. 

Take M Dogg for instance.  In a post above, he ridiculed me because of what area of the country I was born in... then made negative comments about my family, and insinuated that his religion had more class than mine.  He did all of that knowlingly and willingly, without my name being mentioned or me being anywhere around to defend myself.  God will probably punish him much more than he would ever punish you for accidentally killing a raccoon, right?  You didn't mean to hurt anybody, M Dogg was trying his hardest to... and while he didn't even realize he sinned, you were concerned and aware of an accident you were responsible for.  That's fair; he was doing to me what I've done to him time and time again. 

Like I said, everyday you and I (and M Dogg) sin in far greater proportions than we ever realize, if we are ever held accountable for our actions, the account of our sins will be enough to destroy our tiny minds. 
« Last Edit: April 20, 2006, 11:16:45 PM by Trauma »

Don Seer

« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2006, 01:59:00 AM »
word!

the only intelligence in the design is the survival instinct!
I thought you beilived in the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

I do.. but i believe the great spaghetti monsters design was for things to evolve to best suit their environment.. oh and to include pirates :)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2006, 04:40:30 AM »
I ran over a raccoon tonight and killed his ass, his partner stopped before darting out in the road but this one wasnt very smart. Am I looking at any reprocussions or added jusgment from God here or am I ok?

You accidentally killed him with no malice or bad intentions in your heart, no fair god would hold you accountable for that.  It was an accident. 

The bible says that man was given dominion over all the animals, but like spiderman says with power comes responsibility.  I believe hunting and killing for food is alright morally but I can't really even get down with hunting for sport, I don't think it's right, and I believe that animals have souls.  Since we're more powerful (even if only mentally) than them, it's our responsibility to protect them however we reasonably can.  Accidentally running over them with a car, while sad, isn't going to send you to hell.  We unknowingly commit bigger sins than that every day of our life, if God can forgive us of those, surely he can forgive you for not being able to see a raccoon in the road. 

Take M Dogg for instance.  In a post above, he ridiculed me because of what area of the country I was born in... then made negative comments about my family, and insinuated that his religion had more class than mine.  He did all of that knowlingly and willingly, without my name being mentioned or me being anywhere around to defend myself.  God will probably punish him much more than he would ever punish you for accidentally killing a raccoon, right?  You didn't mean to hurt anybody, M Dogg was trying his hardest to... and while he didn't even realize he sinned, you were concerned and aware of an accident you were responsible for.  That's fair; he was doing to me what I've done to him time and time again. 

Like I said, everyday you and I (and M Dogg) sin in far greater proportions than we ever realize, if we are ever held accountable for our actions, the account of our sins will be enough to destroy our tiny minds. 

:firedevil:

J Bananas

« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2006, 03:57:28 PM »

this man never lies. i respect him despite what the others and possibly myself might have said in the past.

Fathom

• 'G'
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2006, 04:12:28 PM »
At least it wasn't a bunny.   :'(

Diabolical

« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2006, 06:24:25 PM »
I think The Great Overseer forces us to read Infinite's posts forever whilst listening to the worst rappers ever.

dexter

« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2006, 10:30:52 AM »
So what
Some people have relations with animals, That's a much BIGGER deal.