Author Topic: death row.  (Read 640 times)

coola

Re: death row.
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2006, 01:52:56 PM »
^ forget it, i thought it was a well known phrase.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2006, 01:53:14 PM »
Yeah, its possible. Just the thought of having slit wrists probably put the guy in shock and he died.

A friend of my family was at a park like 15 years ago. There were loud noises that sounded like gun shots and he felt something hot hit his back. He died. Turns out a bunch od kids were pranking people with firecrackers and tossing them around. He was an older guy, so he had no idea what was going on and thought it was a shooting. He went into shock and died.
Going into shock is a physical condition.

But nothing physically damaging happened to him. It was brought on by his emotions.

It's well known your emotions and bodily functions work together hand-in-hand.
I'm not argueing that emotions and bodily functions work together hand-in-hand. Shock is a medical condition where the tissue perfusion is insufficient to meet the required supply of oxygen and nutrients. Although it can be triggered by the mind the actual shock is purly physical. And what do you mean "nothing physically damaging happened to him"? Shock isn't always physically damaging in the long run. And didn't you say he died? That sounds phsicaly damaging to me.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2006, 01:54:48 PM »
^ forget it, i thought it was a well known phrase.
Hey, I don't represent the entire population. I'm just one person. Maybe it is a well known phrase, but I've never heard of it.

coola

« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2006, 01:55:33 PM »
^ yeah.. you suck.  ;D

africas seed

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2006, 01:55:44 PM »
Yeah, its possible. Just the thought of having slit wrists probably put the guy in shock and he died.

A friend of my family was at a park like 15 years ago. There were loud noises that sounded like gun shots and he felt something hot hit his back. He died. Turns out a bunch od kids were pranking people with firecrackers and tossing them around. He was an older guy, so he had no idea what was going on and thought it was a shooting. He went into shock and died.

But nothing physically damaging happened to him. It was brought on by his emotions.

the shock was induced and brought on by the brains interpretation of the event causing shock. its well known that the mind is a powerful organ and can alter states of consciousness and be the cause of conditions such as ppl being in a catatonic state.

coola

« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2006, 01:56:42 PM »
HOLD THE LINE... when did i say the dude went into shock ? that wasnt part of the deal !!! shit gets way too twosted around in T.O.T..

africas seed

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2006, 02:01:34 PM »
HOLD THE LINE... when did i say the dude went into shock ? that wasnt part of the deal !!! shit gets way too twosted around in T.O.T..

lol
i thought the shock event was used as an example of how powerful the mind is?

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2006, 02:06:27 PM »
lol
i thought the shock event was used as an example of how powerful the mind is?
There are 2 diffrent situations being talked about. The one chief brought up (guy on death row) and the one Sikotic brought up (guy went in shock). Chief is just a little slow.

^ yeah.. you suck.  ;D
Suck my dick, Euro fag. ;D :P

Sikotic™

« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2006, 02:06:50 PM »

I'm not argueing that emotions and bodily functions work together hand-in-hand. Shock is a medical condition where the tissue perfusion is insufficient to meet the required supply of oxygen and nutrients. Although it can be triggered by the mind the actual shock is purly physical. And what do you mean "nothing physically damaging happened to him"? Shock isn't always physically damaging in the long run. And didn't you say he died? That sounds phsicaly damaging to me.

I meant that nothing physically damaging led to the shock being triggered. And I'm not denying that shock is physical, that's well known. My whole point of telling that example, and the point of the thread, is that something mental/emotional can cause a physical reaction or even death.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

coola

« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2006, 02:12:10 PM »

There are 2 diffrent situations being talked about. The one chief brought up (guy on death row) and the one Sikotic brought up (guy went in shock). Chief is just a little slow.

haha yeah i am pretty slow, slow like a fox ! 

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2006, 02:13:47 PM »

haha yeah i am pretty slow, slow like a fox ! 
Thank you for proving my point. ::)

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2006, 02:17:52 PM »

I meant that nothing physically damaging led to the shock being triggered. And I'm not denying that shock is physical, that's well known. My whole point of telling that example, and the point of the thread, is that something mental/emotional can cause a physical reaction or even death.
I mostly agree. However, going back to the original exapmle by Chief, I don't think the mind can be tricked into dying. Your mind has to trigger something in your body (like your shock example) so that he body will die, therefore leaving you (and your mind) dead.

Sikotic™

« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2006, 02:21:34 PM »

I mostly agree. However, going back to the original exapmle by Chief, I don't think the mind can be tricked into dying. Your mind has to trigger something in your body (like your shock example) so that he body will die, therefore leaving you (and your mind) dead.

Well that's what I think the death row inmate went through. He probably went into shock because he's not gonna just drop dead. It would be interesting if their was more information about the guy. To see whether or not it was shock or if he actually suffered the effects of a person with slits wrists (i.e. low blood pressure).
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

africas seed

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2006, 03:19:14 PM »
since the mind and body are interrelated with one another a plausible explanation for his death would be that the mind caused the body to go into shock and due to that he dies.