Author Topic: Brazil follows Iran’s nuclear path, but without the fuss  (Read 376 times)

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
Brazil follows Iran’s nuclear path, but without the fuss
« on: April 23, 2006, 11:22:38 PM »
http://www.indianexpress.com/story/2890.html

RESENDE, April 21: As Iran faces international pressure over its nuclear programme, Brazil is quietly preparing to open its own uranium-enrichment centre, capable of producing exactly the same fuel.

Brazil, like Iran, has signed the nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty, and Brazil’s constitution bans the military use of nuclear energy.

Also like Iran, Brazil has cloaked key aspects of its nuclear technology in secrecy while insisting the programme is for peaceful purposes, claims nuclear weapons experts have debunked.

While Brazil is more cooperative than Iran on international inspections, some worry its new enrichment capability, which will create more fuel than is needed for its two nuclear plants, suggests that South America’s biggest nation may be rethinking its commitment to nonproliferation.

The US State Department spokesman Sean McCormack dismissed any parallel between Brazil’s nuclear programme and Iran’s. “My understanding is they have a peaceful nuclear programme,” he said.

The government-run Industrias Nucleares do Brasil S A has been conducting final tests at the enrichment plant, built on a former coffee plantation in Resende, 145 km west of Rio de Janeiro. When it opens this year, Brazil will join the world’s nuclear elite.

Brazil says its plant will be capable of enriching natural uranium to less than 5 per cent uranium-235.
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

coola

Re: Brazil follows Iran’s nuclear path, but without the fuss
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2006, 12:06:09 AM »
whats more scary ? the terrorists ? or the people afraid of terrorists ?

Jip

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2006, 12:09:19 AM »
brazils leader probably isnt a phsyco

coola

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2006, 12:12:34 AM »
^ how was iran's president put in power ?

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2006, 03:54:13 AM »
Brazil is a peaceful, democratic country.

mauzip

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2006, 04:03:11 AM »
^ how was iran's president put in power ?

If I remember correctly in the campaigns for the Iranian elections this man acted like a very nice and peaceful man. A day after he was put in power he started to talk psycho.

ABN

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2006, 04:12:34 AM »
and corrupted as fuck lol.

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The trains are NY veins, the city's a Psycho
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2006, 04:32:15 AM »

LMAO. yeah, brazil has no problems at all.  ::)

I WENT TO STAPLES CENTER WEN I WAS WALKING MY GOLD RAG FALL OF MY POCKET AND THE GROUND WAS WET TO AND DIRTY MY RAG GOT DIRTY A LIL BIT PULL IT IT BACK AND MAKE SURE IT WOULD NOT DROP AGAIN ROCKING MY RAG AGAIN HOMIE 8

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2006, 09:14:28 AM »
to be fair brazil aren't claiming to be peaceful while at the same time calling for the destruction of another country

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2006, 02:29:12 PM »

It isn't a state sponsor of terror like Iran. It's president isn't claling for the annihilation of another country like Iran.

By the way, Iran's leader was elected in fraudelent elections. You can't have a democracy where there is no freedom of speech or ffreedom of democracy. Also, the Islamic religious leaders in that country determine who can and cannpt run for election. So it isn't a democracy.

J Bananas

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2006, 02:31:18 PM »
make them niggas fight WHAT make them ho's fight

nibs

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aco forever
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2006, 03:37:50 PM »
brazil already has nuclear power, this is just an effort for them to develop their own fuel.

iran doesn't have nuclear power yet; but they can develop their own fuel in their efforts for developing power.  brazil and iran are complementary reflections of each other.

if brazil is capable of developing their own fuel, they could possibly enrich it to weaponizable levels, and then you need to track it because that could be turned into a weapon by some entity other than brazil.

ultimately who cares?

the u.s. is the biggest hypocrite on the planet, the only nation to nuke another nation and they nuked a civillian target at that.  the u.s. continues to use du in iraq and has thus contaminated iraq with that du waste, there has been a spike in birth defects as a result...etc.

the u.s. is the nation that continues to "float" the idea of using nuclear weapons as bunker busters to take out iran's nuclear programme.

the u.s. has violated the npt both in continuing to develop greater nuclear weapons in secret, and now in supporting india with nuclear technology as india is not a signature to the npt and has nukes.

iran has every right to develop both nuclear energy and nuclear weapons.  they have nuclear threats (the u.s., israel) plus nuclear neighbors in pakistan and also india nearby.  iran needs nukes.  as a signature to the npt, iran has not even recieved the same level in developing nuclear energy as other nations have.
"a four letter word is going out to every single enemy" - kam

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2006, 04:13:03 PM »
Brazil would never use nuclear energy for nukes.

All they give a shit about is having fun, drinking, eating, parties, soccer, and enjoing life.  Their government is kurupted as fuck tho lol thier fucking liers and stealers, but they dont like or encourage violence. Brazil (espiaclly Rio) is know for their violence but its all due to people starving and being broke not being crazy, phsyco, and killing people for religious/political reasons like Iran or other terrorist countires.

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The trains are NY veins, the city's a Psycho
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2006, 06:28:56 PM »

It isn't a state sponsor of terror like Iran. It's president isn't claling for the annihilation of another country like Iran.

By the way, Iran's leader was elected in fraudelent elections. You can't have a democracy where there is no freedom of speech or ffreedom of democracy. Also, the Islamic religious leaders in that country determine who can and cannpt run for election. So it isn't a democracy.

every1 here knows that brazil isn't a "peaceful" and "democratic" country. you got machiavelli who lives in brazil and himself tells you that the system is corrupted as fuck. and please let me quote "know for their violence but its all due to people starving and being broke "

yeah, brazil has no problems at all cwalker ohio granger

I WENT TO STAPLES CENTER WEN I WAS WALKING MY GOLD RAG FALL OF MY POCKET AND THE GROUND WAS WET TO AND DIRTY MY RAG GOT DIRTY A LIL BIT PULL IT IT BACK AND MAKE SURE IT WOULD NOT DROP AGAIN ROCKING MY RAG AGAIN HOMIE 8