Author Topic: Damn Cali's Economy is the Shit  (Read 1303 times)

Just Another Sunny day in California

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Twin Turbos....yeeeee
Damn Cali's Economy is the Shit
« on: April 24, 2006, 07:40:24 PM »
"As of 2005, California has the sixth largest economy in the world.  The gross state product (GSP) is about $1.55 trillion ($1,550,000,000,000, as of 2004), making it greater than that of every other U.S. state, and most countries in the world"

Wikipedia.org

Cali is doing it big no doubt  8)
Oh I like this one... One dog goes one way, the other dog goes the other way, and this guy's sayin', "Whadda ya want from me?

Suga Foot

Re: Damn Cali's Economy is the Shit
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2006, 08:03:09 PM »
The predominant industry in the state, more than twice as large as the next, is agriculture, (including fruit, vegetables, dairy, and wine). California agriculture brought in $27 billion in revenue in 2000.[1] Total farming-related sales in California were $26 billion in 2002.[2]

Agriculture is followed by:

* aerospace

* entertainment, primarily television by dollar volume, although many movies are still made in California

* light manufacturing including computer hardware and software, and the mining of borax.

California also draws significant revenue from international trade and tourism. The exports of goods made in California totaled $94 billion in 2003.[3] Nearly $40 billion of that total was computers and electronics, followed by agriculture, non-electrical machinery, transportation, and chemicals.[4] Total direct travel spending in California reached $82.5 billion in 2004, a 7.4% increase over the preceding year.[5] Los Angeles County receives the most tourism in the state.[6]

Historically, California's economy has been controlled by huge corporations such as the Southern Pacific Railroad, Standard Oil of California and the Pacific Gas and Electric Company.

thats funny California isn't really known for it's farming lol

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2006, 08:06:23 PM »
drive through the central valley. all there is are farms.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2006, 08:07:44 PM »
Can't fuck eith Cali. 8) But
Historically, California's economy has been controlled by huge corporations such as the Southern Pacific Railroad, Standard Oil of California and the Pacific Gas and Electric Company.
Still is in a lot of ways.

I'm surprised how many people don't know this. Such good land for growing. Besdies they got to do something with all that land between Southern Cali and The Bay.

Suga Foot

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2006, 08:13:11 PM »
I'm surprised how many people don't know this. Such good land for growing. Besdies they got to do something with all that land between Southern Cali and The Bay.

It's not that it isn't known.  People know about Napa Valley, and a lot of produce comes from California, but when you hear California, the average person doesn't think of farming

evan the dude

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Alaskan Connection
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2006, 08:13:44 PM »
6th largest industry + 36,132,147 californians = a lot of smog  ;D

those are some impressive facts though, i had no idea it was nearly that much. as a comparison, alaska's GSP is around $31 billion. that is mainly dependent on seafood, tourism and oil exports. california just fuckin dwarfs that. crazy.

Get the dubcnn "california love" wallpaper here!!

Suga Foot

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2006, 08:17:16 PM »
6th largest industry + 36,132,147 californians = a lot of smog  ;D

those are some impressive facts though, i had no idea it was nearly that much. as a comparison, alaska's GSP is around $31 billion. that is mainly dependent on seafood, tourism and oil exports. california just fuckin dwarfs that. crazy.

I always see those shows on Crab fishing in Alaska, that looks crazy

Sikotic™

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2006, 08:26:11 PM »
We got that Mediterranean climate so of course we grow the good shit.

And people love to hate on us, but eventually the rest of the country adopts to our way of life. Especially when it comes to our pollution problem, even though we have THE strongest pollution laws in the world.

*bumps To Live & Die In LA*
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

evan the dude

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Alaskan Connection
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2006, 08:28:05 PM »
^^^ hell yeah dude, shit is nuts. one of the most dangerous jobs in the world. yet, they make fucking bank. they may be out on the water for 5 days at a time and, depending on the catch, can bring in huge amounts of profit.i'm talking like average yearly salaries for most people in a 5 day period. crazy.

Get the dubcnn "california love" wallpaper here!!

J Bananas

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2006, 09:09:19 PM »
im laying here on my bed, smoking weed and geeking at all the cash and jewlery that adorns me and my surroundings, ha ha!

Just Another Sunny day in California

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Twin Turbos....yeeeee
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2006, 09:34:13 PM »

yup i'm from the central valley.
Oh I like this one... One dog goes one way, the other dog goes the other way, and this guy's sayin', "Whadda ya want from me?

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2006, 09:52:37 PM »

It's not that it isn't known.  People know about Napa Valley, and a lot of produce comes from California, but when you hear California, the average person doesn't think of farming
That's what I ment. Just bad wording on my part. Nobody in the US grows as much shit as we do. Some people think there are midwestern states that have more farm land then we do.

africas seed

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2006, 10:02:29 PM »
^^^ hell yeah dude, shit is nuts. one of the most dangerous jobs in the world. yet, they make fucking bank. they may be out on the water for 5 days at a time and, depending on the catch, can bring in huge amounts of profit.i'm talking like average yearly salaries for most people in a 5 day period. crazy.

yeah i saw some shit on discovery channel i think a while back on the most dangerous jobs in the world and alaskan crab fishing is up there. the weather out at sea is real bad.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2006, 10:08:03 AM »

exactly

ex: cesar chavez -deleno

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

K A I N

« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2006, 10:13:03 AM »
California cheese and wine >>>>>>>