Author Topic: Review of Jayo Felony : Crip Hop  (Read 672 times)

Spicemuthafuc*in1

Review of Jayo Felony : Crip Hop
« on: April 12, 2006, 11:50:31 AM »
Jayo Felony : Crip Hop Review:

1. Intro

2. Gang Bangin Shit ft Spice 1: Good beat which is what I have always come to expect from Rick Rock.  Spice starts the track off with a solid verse.  Jayo drops a good verse but usually I expect a little more and although it was good I liked Speecy’s verse better. 4 of 5

3. One Shot Kill : Hard, effective West coast beat, Jayo flows his ass off in the first verse.  The second is verse is just as sick as Jayo shows off his skills.  The third verse was the shortest but also possibly the best.  Although this beat is real sick this track is all about Jayo showing off his “deadly skills”      4 of 5

4. Girls and Boys ft Tiggi Diamonds :  So far this is my favorite beat on the album, Not to familiar with Tiggi but definitely feeling his flow and voice.  Cool hook as well.  Jayo continues to flow his ass off in the second verse “She aint taken a paper route then fuck her, my great, great, great, great granddaddy was a pimp like Chris Tucker.” Jayo and Tiggi work well together in this track, my favorite track so far as the beat is what standouts the most along with Jayo’s raps.  4.5 of 5

5. What ya Need : This track is produced by Battlecat, a cool beat but not one of my favorite beats from Battlecat.  Solid track as Jayo continues to rip shit up on the mic, the second and third verses were nice but the first verse was the best in this track.  3.5 of 5

6. Trued Up Remix ft Baby Star :  Sick ass beat as Jayo takes shots at Jay-z and company In this Def Jam diss track, “is he a blood or is he a crip, nigga I’ll sock that faggot in his big ass lips.”  Cool as hook as well, Baby Star comes nice as well although it seems like he is trying to rap like Jayo in this one.  Overall this is a strong diss track although a lot of people disagree with Felony on this one.   4.5 of 5

7. Swing : Not really feeling this beat or track at all.  So far this is the one disappointing track on the album.  Not really feeling Jayo’s delivery on this one which is a rarity.  Annoying hook as well.    2 of 5

8. Skit 1

9. Hurt That Nigga ft Soopafly : Solid beat but I usually expect a little more out of Soopafly, although the production sounds much  better during the hook.  Jayo comes cool in his first verse but its all about Soopafly who dominates the track with his second verse.  Jayo and Soopafly both share the third verse, cool song.    4 of 5

10. Skit 2

11. Do you Love Life : This is the kind of beat I love my favorite on the album so far.  This track is all about Jayo Felony showing his love for life as he flows his ass off as usual.  One of the better songs on the album so far.   4.5 of 5

12. Please Believe it ft E-40 :  Another real nice complex sounding  beat on this track.  Jayo flows his ass off in the first verse not a big fan of the hook though.  40 Wata comes nice as well although his verse is a little to short for my liking.  Cool track    4 of 5

13. Sherm Sticc 3:  Great Track the beat is amazing, Jayo explores the powers of drugs in this one.  My favorite track on the album and the closest thing to a perfect track on this album.      4.5 of 5

14. Hotta Than Fish Grease ft Crook :  Not really feeling this track that much,  The beat is average and I don’t really feel Crook on this track at all.  Annoying hook as well.  However Jayo drops an awesome verse his second time around on the track.  Im feeling Crooks lyrics its just I don’t like his voice at all. Average track  3 of 5

15.  Catch em in the Morning :  Another diss track from Felony taking shots at the Rocc.  Jayo taking shots at Memphis, Beanie, Jigga, Russell and everyone else on this track.  Cool ass beat as Jayo rips shit up as usual.  His voice and aggression are ideal and perfect for a diss track.  Not quite as good as trued up but a good track.   4 of 5

16.  You’s a Character:  More shots fired in this track as Snoop Dogg is the focus on Jayo’s agenda.  Cool beat again, however Im not a huge fan of this track.  Jayo’s second verse is the best in this track.  Above average track but not great in my opinion.   3.5 of 5

17. Came Round ft Dulow Gang :  Cool ass westcoast beat on this one.  Really feeling the hook as well.  Jayo tears shit up with his flow and delivery in the second verse.  Everyone comes alright but as expected Jayo shines the most in this track.  4 of 5

18. C-Walk and Skip : Takes a quick shot at Dj Clue on this track, Jayo raps his ass off again but for some reason its hard for me to really get into this track, I guess it’s the beat which is not that great at all.  All in all Average track   3 of 5

19. She Loves Me ft Young Nube : Not really feeling the beat on this one, Young Nube tries to hard in my opinion to rap like Jayo in this one. Kind of an annoying hook as well. I would of picked a different track to end the album on.    3.5 of 5

Overall this album is about a 3.9 or 4.0 out of a 5.  There’s only about 3 or 4 real good tracks with the majority just being good.  A good album overall but not great, a definite must for any Jayo Felony fan though

Intriago33

Re: Review of Jayo Felony : Crip Hop
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2006, 12:05:14 PM »
i think thats a fair review, it's worth picking up if you enjoy Jayo's music.

the album would of been better, should he of cut it down to 14/15 tracks, there's a few fillers.

Denial! Is Actively Joinin The Revolution

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Review of Jayo Felony : Crip Hop
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2006, 04:46:39 AM »
i think thats a fair review, it's worth picking up if you enjoy Jayo's music.

the album would of been better, should he of cut it down to 14/15 tracks, there's a few fillers.

My thoughts too
Hittman is not a real person. He was a computer program generated by Dr. Dre and Mel Man back in the mid 90's. When Dre started treating Mel-Man like shit, Mel infiltrated the computer and put a virus in the hittman program