2 (18.2%)
FBI and NYCPD
1 (9.1%)
All hade a hand in it
2 (18.2%)
Other
1 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Author Topic: Assassination of Malcolm X  (Read 410 times)

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The trains are NY veins, the city's a Psycho
Assassination of Malcolm X
« on: April 27, 2006, 10:16:03 PM »
I'm doing a 5 page research paper on the assassination. i was gonna do it on 9/11 but there is way too much information to grasp.
i have already read the autobiography as told to alex haley, so i thought it would be the easiest for me to complete by 6pm tmw (procrastination :nawty:)
I'm lookin for any insight that could help me get this shit done tonight, ill prob be up all nite finishing it so ill be around.

Basically, all i gotta do is present facts, ideas and findings to support my thesis (the CIA planned it with help from the FBI/NYCPD and the plan was executed by the NOI b/c each had a motive)

NOI: their manipulation of islam was being exposed by malcolm x, he had great popularity that caused jealousy within the NOI including elijah muhammed, and their membership would obviously decrease significantly as time passed

CIA: months before malcolm was killed, he had become a major international figure, this was no secret. the CIA and the state dept were following him throughout his travels in africa.  his increasing popularity abroad was a clear threat to American interests. MOST IMPORTANTLY, he was organizing to get a resolution adopted at the UN condemning the US for human rights violations (obviously would be justifiable)

FBI: they were clearly keeping tabs on malcolm (tape recorded conversations with malcolm, numerous 'bugs' set up around his home and other places, following him, etc) Agents also tried to pay off Malcolm in return for the names of the NOI's members.  ALSO, the NYCPD's bureau of special services had been investigating Malcolm and they had every reason to kno his life was in danger. yet they failed to provide adequate protection.

i wanna know what you guys think happened, it would help me out a lot getting other views on this topic. and if that's not enough ill prop u all nite long  ;)

I WENT TO STAPLES CENTER WEN I WAS WALKING MY GOLD RAG FALL OF MY POCKET AND THE GROUND WAS WET TO AND DIRTY MY RAG GOT DIRTY A LIL BIT PULL IT IT BACK AND MAKE SURE IT WOULD NOT DROP AGAIN ROCKING MY RAG AGAIN HOMIE 8

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
Re: Assassination of Malcolm X
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2006, 10:28:31 PM »
I don't know if it will be much help, but I think teh NOI killed him. After he left the NOI you can tell Elijah Muhamed was angery, because of more then one reason. First of all, Malcom X was there most popular "spokesman" or representer. When he left so did a lot of fallowers, which the NOI didn't like. Malcom X also, vowed to convince as many people to leave the NOI and you know Elijah wasn't having it. Then, like you pointed out, Malcom X was digging up dirt on Elijah Muhamed which could severly damage the NOI's image. One officer undercover with the Nation of Islam is said to have reported that he had been ordered to help plant a bomb in Malcolm's car (unverified, I'm sure). In "The Autobiography of Malcolm X", he says that as early as 1963, a member of the Seventh Temple confessed to him having received orders from the Nation of Islam to kill him. A condradiction (more like a mystery) kind of exists beacuse Norman 3X Butler and Thomas 15X Johnson (2 of the guys convicted for the assination) were known as Nation of Islam agents and would have had difficulty entering the ballroom on that evening.

Here's a little more info http://www.thesmokinggun.com/malcolmx/malcolmx.html

Hope it helps.

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2006, 10:53:44 PM »
anything would be appreciated man, i was actually reading the same site you posted earlier, some real crazy shit (the testimony of betty shabazz, the picture of him in the morgue, etc.) i believe that it was one of malcolm's closest followers that was asked to plant the bomb so it would explode wen the ignition was turned, he was some sort of explosive's expert, something like that.

the thing with just the NOI is that Malcolm told alex haley in their last conversation in regards to the incident in which his home was firebombed by muslims.... "But, you know, I'm going to tell you something, brother---the more I keep thinking about this thing....I'm not all that sure it's the Muslims. I know what they can do, and what they can't, and they can't do some of the stuff recently going on.."   Malcolm believed that the forces trying to kill him were more powerful than the NOI.

that's one of the reasons why i don't want to just say that it was the NOI....this paper is going to be the death of me  :bomb:

I WENT TO STAPLES CENTER WEN I WAS WALKING MY GOLD RAG FALL OF MY POCKET AND THE GROUND WAS WET TO AND DIRTY MY RAG GOT DIRTY A LIL BIT PULL IT IT BACK AND MAKE SURE IT WOULD NOT DROP AGAIN ROCKING MY RAG AGAIN HOMIE 8

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2006, 11:42:14 PM »
Just pray that Infinite comes on here soon, cause he'll give you plenty of info on why it was a bunch of white americans (ie his equals) and not some Black Muslims. :p

As for the CIA there motive was to slience someone they thought was going to try and desroy America. His comments about Kennedy's death didn't go well even for Black people. Like you said there were spys watching him even when he was over sees. Just look at all the other people rumoured to have been killed or setup by the CIA. All of them were thought to have been a threat to the USA. The CIA is on top of everything on there turf.

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2006, 12:19:13 AM »
yea thats exactly my viewpoint on it. the CIA def had a hand in it, they are on top of everything. i just found out about a program of the FBI called "Cointelpro"..... according to wikipedia, they are aimed at investigating and disrupting dissident political organizations within the United States. Although covert operations have been employed throughout FBI history, the formal COINTELPRO operations of 1956-1971 were broadly targeted against organizations that were (at the time) considered to have politically radical elements

and check this out, this is fuckin WILD:

The founding document of COINTELPRO directed FBI agents to "expose, disrupt, misdirect, discredit, or otherwise neutralize" the activities of these dissident movements and their leaders

im crazy tired right now, i'd love to nap but there aint no way i'd wake up and get this thing done. :rant:

this is me right now:  :rubeyes:

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2006, 12:46:58 AM »
alright well i got my paper just in on time, but im still curious as to what you guys think. dont be shY!!!!!! :-*

nibs

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aco forever
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2006, 05:45:50 AM »
the fbi, & the cointelpro initiative.

look at what they did to the black panthers:

The extremist BPP of Oakland, California, is rapidly expanding. It is the most violence-prone organization of all the extremist groups now operating in the United States. This group has a record of violence and connections with foreign revolutionaries. It puts particular emphasis on not only verbal attacks but also physical attacks on police. These suggestions are to create factionalism between not only the national leaders but also local leaders, steps to neutralize all organizational efforts of the BPP as well as create suspicion amongst the leaders as to each others sources of finances, suspicion concerning their respective spouses and suspicion as to who may be cooperating with law enforcement. In addition, suspicion should be developed as to who may be attempting to gain control of the organization for their own private betterment, as well as suggestions as to the best method of exploiting the foreign visits made by BPP members. We are also soliciting recommendations as to the best method of creating opposition to the BPP on the part of the majority of the residents of the ghetto area.

this is what they did to the black panthers, and it sounds exactly like what happened to the noi. 

this is what they did to the noi:
Over the years considerable thought has been given, and action taken with Bureau approval, relating to methods through which the NOI could be discredited in the eyes of the general black populace or through which factionalism among the leadership could be created. Serious consideration has also been given towards developing ways and means of changing NOI philosophy to one whereby the members could be developed into useful citizens and the organization developed into one emphasizing religion - the brotherhood of mankind - and self improvement. Factional disputes have been developed - the most notable being MALCOLM X LITTLE. SAC, Chicago to Director, Jan. 22, 1969

they had moles planted in these organizations.  the killed malcolm who was most popular, they discredited the noi in the process by using moles planted within the organization.  2 birds, one stone.

who benefits the most from malcolm x's assassination?  the noi?  their credibility remains shaken within the black community.  it would have been foolish for them to have done it; especially ordering it from the top. 

http://www.icdc.com/~paulwolf/cointelpro/doc102.gif
« Last Edit: April 29, 2006, 05:55:56 AM by nibs »
"a four letter word is going out to every single enemy" - kam

coola

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2006, 10:33:25 AM »
i just decided to read the autobiography of malcolm x..  ima buy it on tuesday.

K A I N

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2006, 10:33:59 AM »
fruit of the loom

coola

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2006, 10:39:10 AM »
is the one told by alex haley good ?

J Bananas

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2006, 10:42:16 AM »

dog anything by alex haleys's gonna be good.

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2006, 11:54:10 AM »

that's the one i finished reading a couple weeks ago....im gonna buy it prob next week or so, book is that good.

coola

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2006, 11:56:17 AM »

dog anything by alex haleys's gonna be good.

cool, i dont know much about authors, i'm not well read. ima buy it on tuesday, as soon as my pay comes in..

has anyone read the autobiography published in 1970 ?