Author Topic: The Gospel of Judas?  (Read 455 times)

Wessia4LiaNia Chieee Chieee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'M Mo' Than a God I'M a Warrior
The Gospel of Judas?
« on: April 29, 2006, 04:21:31 AM »
Just saw the doc about it..it put me on thoughts...some facts are really interesting...
dunno about the page but the documentary was interesting
http://www9.nationalgeographic.com/lostgospel/

i'll post back in a few some opinions
Lyrical Swords 4 Lia

J Bananas

Re: The Gospel of Judas?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2006, 10:45:06 AM »

+1 for evolution theory

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2006, 03:22:51 AM »
LMAO
Lyrical Swords 4 Lia

Trauma-san

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2006, 10:28:47 PM »
I can't understand their point about this Gospel.  It's been around forever, I read it several years ago.  I thought all catholics even had it in their bibles, isn't it part of a good accordiance?

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2006, 08:53:59 AM »
I can't understand their point about this Gospel.  It's been around forever, I read it several years ago.  I thought all catholics even had it in their bibles, isn't it part of a good accordiance?

Well it contradicts what the other 4 say. Matt, Mark, Luke, and John all say Judas betrayed Jesus and this one says Judas only did it because Jesus told him to. Now I don't know what really happened but I'm sure in the eyes of the church they treat Judas's explanation as Judas trying to releive his guilt, which they don't believe was accomplished since by all accounts Judas shortly after committed suicide.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2006, 08:57:46 AM »

Well it contradicts what the other 4 say. Matt, Mark, Luke, and John all say Judas betrayed Jesus and this one says Judas only did it because Jesus told him to. Now I don't know what really happened but I'm sure in the eyes of the church they treat Judas's explanation as Judas trying to releive his guilt, which they don't believe was accomplished since by all accounts Judas shortly after committed suicide.

yep, that's about it
Lyrical Swords 4 Lia

Trauma-san

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2006, 01:25:38 PM »
You missed my point.  Why are they running news stories recently about this book, when it's been around forever?  There's nothing newsworthy about something old, that's my point. 

Sikotic™

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2006, 02:44:02 PM »
Of course Judas' story is different. Kinda like how Kato and the limo driver knew OJ was in Brentwood, but ye tthe nigga is still lookin for "the real killers".
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2006, 03:14:09 PM »
You missed my point.  Why are they running news stories recently about this book, when it's been around forever?  There's nothing newsworthy about something old, that's my point. 

I guess this confued me;  "I thought all catholics even had it in their bibles, isn't it part of a good accordiance?". I thought you were implying that the Catholic Bible has included the Gospel of Judas with the rest of the texts.

Trauma-san

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2006, 05:38:46 PM »
Nah... they have another book (It may be bound with their bible, I'm not positive) with several deleted gospels and books of the bible.  ...For instance there's a book written by Mary Magdaline.  Many of the books have been discredited as fakes written hundreds of years after they were claimed to have been written, but you know how biblical archaelogy goes, if you want to you can discredit everything in the bible and every book as a fake.  So I was under the impression that the Catholic church had an entire collection of these books that they considered sacred and such, but weren't really part of the 'holy canon' for whatever reason... the book of Judas is one of those, I read it several years ago.  There's been several newsstories in the past week about the book though, I was wondering why they're talking about it so much now, it's not new. 

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2006, 12:35:40 AM »
i think they gave it the final ok saying it isn't a fake or something like that

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2006, 08:12:17 AM »
Nah... they have another book (It may be bound with their bible, I'm not positive) with several deleted gospels and books of the bible.  ...For instance there's a book written by Mary Magdaline.  Many of the books have been discredited as fakes written hundreds of years after they were claimed to have been written, but you know how biblical archaelogy goes, if you want to you can discredit everything in the bible and every book as a fake.  So I was under the impression that the Catholic church had an entire collection of these books that they considered sacred and such, but weren't really part of the 'holy canon' for whatever reason... the book of Judas is one of those, I read it several years ago.  There's been several newsstories in the past week about the book though, I was wondering why they're talking about it so much now, it's not new. 

I'm pretty certain that deep down in the Vatican vaults they have all 50 to 100 Gospels and they have their reasons for not including them. Phillip's Gospel as we found it was not complete and is not used for that reason. It has holes in it and a full text is not known. Judas's is clearly different from what the others write, and of all the used Gospels they take John's as the key to determine what is true and what is false with the other ones. John was the closest to Jesus, as far as those who wrote a Gospel go. Peter was closer but he was killed before he could write a Gospel. So if I were a Pope and the Gospel of John written by who we assume to be the actual disciple John says this but the Gospel of Larry who we never heard of says that then I think I'd have to stick with John.

Trauma-san

« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2006, 11:38:38 PM »
True... I like the part in the Gospels where one book mentions that the apostle who was seated next to Christ at the last supper looked up at him and said "Is it me, lord?"  At the last supper, they all reacted to the "one of you shall betray me" accusation from Christ in their typical personalities... Peter said "NEVER! I'll never do it!" because he was the firey leader who would go on to found the church, others asked who it would be, Judas hid, but the apostle asleep on Christ's shoulder had enough humility and believed so strongly in everything Christ said that he asked if he would be the one to betray him... he trusted Christ over his own conscience.

At the end of the books, they all give little copyrights to prove that they wrote the texts themselves, that's how they did it back then... at the end of John, Peter identifies John as the one who was asleep on Christ's shoulder. It's a really powerful moment in the bible, because you put two and two together and realize how close Jesus and John were. 

Look how beautifully this reads... Peter mistakenly thought Christ granted John immortality after he had risen and was visiting with the disciples.  People so miss the boat on the bible, easily, EASILY the greatest book ever written even if you just want to take it as fantasy.  The Lord of the Rings is nothing compared to the bible, the greatest story ever told.

John21:20 Then Peter, turning about, seeth the disciple whom Jesus loved following; which also leaned on his breast at supper, and said, Lord, which is he that betrayeth thee?

21Peter seeing him saith to Jesus, Lord, and what shall this man do?

22Jesus saith unto him, If I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee? follow thou me.

23Then went this saying abroad among the brethren, that that disciple should not die: yet Jesus said not unto him, He shall not die; but, If I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee?

24This is the disciple which testifieth of these things, and wrote these things: and we know that his testimony is true.

25And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen.