Author Topic: CONCERT REVIEW + PICS: DPG, Ice Cube, Clipse In Portland 4/28/06  (Read 2748 times)

187Proof

• Muthafuckin' Don!
First off, let me start off by saying that I have been to this venue (The Roseland Theatre, in downtown Portland) MANY times....seen MANY concerts there, but I have NEVER see a show packed like this one! I mean, you had to almost have a snorkel that was 6 ft tall in the air to get fresh air to your lungs....that's just how packed this place was!

First off, The Clipse came out for their set. Did their hits like "What Happened To That Boy", "Grindin", etc along with a couple songs of their new mixtape, and their new single (I believe the name is "Him & Me 2" or something close to that). They had a nice set, but due to them only having one group album out their set only ran about 15 minutes. Check out that single if you haven't yet though. The crowd was dancing and whatnot, but I knew later in the night things were going to get alot more bananas.

After a breif break to set up their equipment, Tha Dogg Pound came storming out to the stage! Daz & Kurupt were in the building for sure on this Friday night! At this point the crowd was the loudest as it could get, all night! I mean everyone was AMPED!!! I don't remember the last concert I was at where this kind of atmosphere, this kind of electricity could be matched! It was uncanny! They performed such hits and verses from tracks such as "What Would U Do", "New York, New York", "Cali Iz Active", "Who Ride Wit Us", "Xplosive", "All That I Need" and several more! I mean, I've seen Tha Dogg Pound live about 5 times before this show, but I can just not stress to you guys enough how awesome this set was! Kurupt was even getting his walk on all across the stage and the crowd loved it! One other interesting piece of information from their set was, the first person out of the back for them was non-other then Roscoe! He had a mic in his hand all night but just stood by the DJ and did back up vocals. Hopefully his next album will be dropping sometime soon. Nontheless, the DPG brought the house down on this night!!!

Next up Ice Cube & WC were brought to the stage by DJ Crazy Toonz. They did about an hour set where the performed hits such as "Jackin For Beats", "Today Was A Good Day", "Bow Down", "The Streets", "Gangsta's Make The World Go 'Round", "Natural Born Killaz", and many others. At one point, before going in to "Bow Down", WC declared himself & Ice Cube as "The Real Westside Connection". Ofcourse Mack 10 was never mentioned throughout the night so I guess their's still decension between the camp. Both Cube & WC got their walk on throughout the set which was, once again, to the great delight of the fans. After about an hour or so set, Cube let us know that he appreciated us for coming and they had to go, but wanted to let us know that they just finalized a totally NEW tour, and he said "Don't worry Portland because I'm going to be back on this next tour.....but when I come back, I'm coming back with Snoop Dogg!!!!". Damn the crowd went nuts then. Perfect end to this show! Everyone walked away feeling VERY satisfied and very happy they attended. Although a ton of the pictures I took were screwed up by different concert-goer's hands being in the way, I did manage to come away with a few decent shots which are below.....

CLIPSE:

Tha Dogg Pound:

ICE CUBE & WC:

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
Re: CONCERT REVIEW + PICS: DPG, Ice Cube, Clipse In Portland 4/28/06
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2006, 04:50:49 PM »
that looked tight
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

LADYGC419

• Lil Geezy
  • 1 nigga teach 2 niggaz teach 3 niggaz teach......
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2006, 04:52:43 PM »
Man, I been waiting all day for that! You were right in the front! I am hoping to be that close when I get to their Detroit show. That's a hot review and good pics!

PLANT

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2006, 05:29:37 PM »
that sounds and looks like one hell of a show!! :o 8)

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2006, 07:46:49 PM »
Nice job on the pics, good review.  Sounds like pretty much the same set list as the one I went to.

Just Another Sunny day in California

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Twin Turbos....yeeeee
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2006, 08:51:55 PM »
that sounds and looks like one hell of a show!! :o 8)
Oh I like this one... One dog goes one way, the other dog goes the other way, and this guy's sayin', "Whadda ya want from me?

Intriago33

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2006, 01:13:57 AM »
great review, ya'll some lucky folks. Snoop & Cube? bananas.

Okka

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2006, 01:30:35 AM »
Dope pictures  8)

LAZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2006, 02:36:57 AM »
i just got back from the show in Seattle and DAM that shit was tite.. Cube was sayin sum shit like it makes him happy when he looks in the crowd n sees blacks, whites, hispanics, asians n the crowd together. commin together becuz of hip hop!.. and thats sum real shit too

but Cube said hell be back with Snoop

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2006, 02:48:22 AM »
Dope review 187 Proof, hope you don't mind if I make an update on it for dubcnn and use your pics?

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2006, 05:00:31 AM »
Props on the review Proof!
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

Wessia4LiaNia Chieee Chieee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'M Mo' Than a God I'M a Warrior
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2006, 06:21:07 AM »
Wish I were there
Lyrical Swords 4 Lia

ExZit

• CPG Recordz CEO
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • COMPTONS MOST WANTED
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2006, 07:06:32 AM »
tight shit.. Cube need to get his ass to sweden too!  8)
- - ExZit's top 5 Albums of 2006 - - -

- - ExZit's top 5 Albums of 2005 - - -

187Proof

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2006, 08:34:02 AM »
Dope review 187 Proof, hope you don't mind if I make an update on it for dubcnn and use your pics?
Go right ahead bro. And I can't really open my mouth yet, but ya'll are gonna LOVE who is on the next DPGC remix to come out....it's gonna be a banger so stay tuned!!!!