Author Topic: question for people in L.A. - regarding May 1st  (Read 813 times)

WestCoasta

question for people in L.A. - regarding May 1st
« on: April 30, 2006, 12:40:07 PM »
I gotta go downtown on Monday at 2:00 PM, right next to the Staples Center

is there gonna be a lot of people out in the streets causing congestion?

cuz I wanna know if I'ma be able to get there or if there are gonna be shit blocked off and lots of traffic or somethin....

just wonderin if anyone has an idea of what's gonna go down on that day and particularly where...

Sikotic™

Re: question for people in L.A. - regarding May 1st
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2006, 12:59:35 PM »
Most likely. I know a couple guys working downtown near Wilshire that are getting tomorrow off because of the marches.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

WestCoasta

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2006, 01:16:58 PM »
fuck, cuz I gotta go meet someone regarding work.... and they already re-scheduled with me and put it for Monday, I think they kinda forgot about the shit that's gonna go down....

I should probably call and see if they still want me to 'try' to come down that day...  :-X

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2006, 01:38:01 PM »
fuck, cuz I gotta go meet someone regarding work.... and they already re-scheduled with me and put it for Monday, I think they kinda forgot about the shit that's gonna go down....

I should probably call and see if they still want me to 'try' to come down that day...  :-X

Yeah you should call. 

WestCoasta

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2006, 01:52:28 PM »
damn, so pretty much it's a fact that there are gonna be a lot of people downtown tomorrow?

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2006, 02:53:59 PM »

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2006, 03:22:42 PM »

This is bizarre, the borders are there to protect people in every country from having all their jobs taken away from them, to protect against disease, protect against terrorism, protect against criminals coming into the country who the government has no idea about let alone the police force and yet this march is essentially about promoting the cause of illegal immigrants? from my understanding there are 12 million illegal immigrants and the supporters want these people to stay, so they actually condone illegal immigration. In this weird reality then why have borders at all why not let everyone in. I am just sat here totally bemused at what these people are protesting at, imminently these mad men are going to be attacking iran, getting us to surrender even more rights and yet you in the general sense of the term are going to be protesting for the rights of illegal immigrants  ???

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2006, 03:34:58 PM »
No, just to legalize the people that are already going to school and working here

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2006, 03:56:03 PM »

So your saying that 12 million people who are currently illegal immigrants should be legalised, that is a phenomenal figure. Then what keep the borders as they are so that another 12 million can come in and legalise them to. I still don't understand this Javy you are more than intelligent enough to realise why borders are there how can you then ignore the reasons and instead want to welcome illegal immigrants in?

WestCoasta

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2006, 03:59:07 PM »
it's just all about the point of the impact the illegals make

it's a touchy situation, people are trying to support the illegals who make a contribution

I just try not to get involved at all because obviously my opinion means nothing in the grand scheme

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2006, 04:08:13 PM »

What you are saying is you don't support illegal immigration
Yet you support legalising 12 million illegal immigrants

That double think because the one contradicts the other one. Another principle aspect of borders is it prevents a country from being overrun to the extent where the nation is reduced to third world status. That is what will happen in the finish, there are only so many jobs and yes illegal immigrants are beneficial but not to your average working family instead they benefit the corporations and in turn when the next flood of illegal immigrants hits the wages can be reduced still further because there is more labour. Of course I feel sorry for people desperate to get out of their country but its the road to breakdown of complete law and order if you are justifying this emotionally. This is crazy.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2006, 04:10:49 PM »

So your saying that 12 million people who are currently illegal immigrants should be legalised, that is a phenomenal figure. Then what keep the borders as they are so that another 12 million can come in and legalise them to. I still don't understand this Javy you are more than intelligent enough to realise why borders are there how can you then ignore the reasons and instead want to welcome illegal immigrants in?

I never said let's welcome more illegals.  I'm letting the Congress do their job, they will come up with a fine compromise.  Neither side will get their way, not everyone will get kicked out and not everyone will become legalized.  It's obvious that the border will become tougher, this is no secret.  It's also obvious that they will be tougher on businesses hiring illegals, again no secret.  What we will most likely see is people being granted amnesty that have spent a good amount of the years already in the country, and they will have to know English.

Sikotic™

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2006, 04:17:06 PM »
They're just flexin' their muscle. Giving the lawmakers an idea of how important their decision will be. Nuthin wrong with that.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2006, 04:22:53 PM »

Javy for one for all those who are given amnesty they will suddenly realise they are as screwed as much as most americans because corporations will not be interested without the incentive of slave labour. I see there are 2 aspects to this firstly and as you are probably aware already Haliburton has built some massive internment camps over the last year or so which can accomodate over a million people. I would suggest that this continual illegal immigration is being orchestrated by those psychotic politicians in order to instigate  and drive people over the edge for then they will have the perfect solution and that will be the internment camps. What is very sad from my point of view is this illegal immigrants and the people supporting their cause have no idea they are merely being used as muppets. Secondly the corporations want illegal immigration to continue to continue with yet more cheap labour. The only solution is for the minutemen to build that big fence or wall, although members of their group have said it is like a war zone almost out there being shot at cops killed every week or so. So if the government really gave a shit about protecting the american people they would have mass armed guard on the border, is it true that congress could pull these planned fences? if so what a joke the people should be enraged at the government yes but not seeing themselves as all latinos together, because this is predominantly latino immigrants.

Sikotic™

« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2006, 04:40:22 PM »
"Let's just kick them all out. Fuck their contribution to the economy and the fact that they have residences, own businesses, and  pay their taxes (without recieving tax refunds BTW). The situation is more complicated with their children who are US citizens, but fuck em too." -- Those are the sentiments I get from alot of people.

Just because some people realize the contribution illegal immigrants can have to our society doesn't mean that those same people feel that the borders should be opened up for everyone. It's a complicated situation and it requires a complicated solution. Yes, the government has to make restrictions for those who try to enter the country, but that doesn't mean the 12 million or so immigrants who are already in this country should get the boot either. Hopefully, they'll be able to prove that tomorrow.

THA SAUCE HOUSE