Author Topic: Favorite Rock Band  (Read 1026 times)

Don Breezio

Re: Favorite Rock Band
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2006, 10:30:13 PM »
it trips me out that you put green day with all of them...but i can't hate...i've loved green day since dookie dropped...and as weird as it is to see them in that list...i think i have to agree

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2006, 12:20:30 AM »
i grew up in the 90's so they intrige me cuz of that  i guess, that and they've been making really good records since the 90's

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Don Breezio

« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2006, 12:28:27 AM »
i grew up in the 90's so they intrige me cuz of that  i guess, that and they've been making really good records since the 90's

exactly...i love almost all of their cds...i thought their new one was really good until it started to get waaaaayyyy too much airplay...and then i went to their concert and they played the first 40 min of it in order. I was really pissed about that...if i wanted to hear the new cd in order i would've just listened to the damn cd

J @ M @ L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2006, 01:50:50 AM »
i dont really listen to rock.. never got into it and dont know most of the shit... but i like NIRVANA... their shit is coo
my throat hurts, its hard to swallow, and my body feels like i got a serious ass beating.

LOL @ this fudgepacker

Don Breezio

« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2006, 02:04:50 AM »
nirvana is so rediculously overrated. their music wasn't even that good. kurt cobain was an idiot. and everyone worships him because he's dead. he's the 2pac/biggie/big pun of rock music.

FUCK NIRVANA

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2006, 09:17:12 AM »
well

1) beatles
2) led zeppelin
3) pink floyd
4) the doors
5) rolling stones

of the 90s

1) oasis
2) red hot chilli peppers
3) nirvana

of now

1) Arctic Monkeys
2) White stripes
3) coldplay
4) the strokes

Diabolical

« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2006, 05:01:10 PM »
nirvana is so rediculously overrated. their music wasn't even that good. kurt cobain was an idiot. and everyone worships him because he's dead. he's the 2pac/biggie/big pun of rock music.

FUCK NIRVANA

WORD

I actually forgot, my favorite band is Minor Threat.

IFB Flood

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2006, 05:09:18 PM »
led zeppelin,pink floyd and guns n' roses

Eihtball

« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2006, 05:17:25 PM »
All-time favorites: Rage Against The Machine, John Mayer, The Police, R.E.M., Sublime, Tears For Fears, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, U2

Shit I'm bumping a lot now: Ben Harper, Modest Mouse, Dispatch, The Format

Don Breezio

« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2006, 05:38:26 PM »
All-time favorites: Rage Against The Machine, John Mayer, The Police, R.E.M., Sublime, Tears For Fears, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, U2

The format is weird to me because i really like some of their stuff like on your porch and career day...but the majority of their interventions and lullaby's cd i think is terrible...

I have a few tracks from their new album thats coming out...it sounds a lot better

misskebina

• Lil Geezy
  • The Westcoast Is Back !!!
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2006, 06:10:33 PM »
Rolling Stones, Beatles, Nirvana, Pink Floyd, White Stripes, Radiohead, Pixies, Beach Boys, Aerosmith, Red Hot Chili Peppers

but FUCK COLDPLAY ! (but they do have some crazy songs)

Don Breezio

« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2006, 06:15:41 PM »
yeah coldplay gets annoying...but they are talented...

Eihtball

« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2006, 06:28:41 PM »

The format is weird to me because i really like some of their stuff like on your porch and career day...but the majority of their interventions and lullaby's cd i think is terrible...

I have a few tracks from their new album thats coming out...it sounds a lot better

Well, they got an interesting sound...somebody let me copy their "Interventions and Lullabies" album and I kinda like it.  You like "The First Single"?  That's the main song off the album that I keep listening to.

'DsR'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2006, 06:44:06 PM »
pearl jam
guns n roses

"fuck under tha influence im hella fucked up, swervin down the freeway spillin my cup"

Don Breezio

« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2006, 06:48:32 PM »

Well, they got an interesting sound...somebody let me copy their "Interventions and Lullabies" album and I kinda like it.  You like "The First Single"?  That's the main song off the album that I keep listening to.

I don't like that song at all actually lol...the only ones I really enjoy are on your porch and career day...give it up and sore thumb are decent tracks too...the rest i dont really like...

they have an EP called Snails thats pretty good...it has an acoustic version of On Your Porch thats incredible...you can hear Nate Ruess' voice really well...he changes the style up from how it sounds on the album. its amazing.

Also they have a new album coming out called "Dog Problems"...I have an ep they released as kind of a pre album promo...its called Live from the living room...and its all acoustic tracks from the new cd...its pretty good

Nate Ruess' voice is definitely their defining feature of the band. He has a great voice